Holland said Datsyuk shut down for 3 weeks

#262 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Datsyuk shut down for 3 weeks per Khan

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#263 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

And via the same source, Helm shut down for a few days because of headaches.

#264 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

This thread is just as depressing as the trade deadline thread

Edited by cnot19, 05 March 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#265 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I was really hoping Datsyuk would be a week, maybe 10 days tops. 3 weeks with this schedule is brutal.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#266 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

Holland mentioned Helm will probably miss a minimum of 3 games.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#267 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I was really hoping Datsyuk would be a week, maybe 10 days tops. 3 weeks with this schedule is brutal.

And if he's not good after 3 weeks it's surgery and that would be his season I'm assuming. So not good. Hopefully Weiss can return sooner rather than later and be a solid contributor.

Sink or swim for this team. Whether we make the playoffs or miss them, I'm sure the experience of coping without Z and D will be good in the long run.

#268 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

Weiss has used up a lot of patience from my perspective. He needs to come out and kill it - be the pro we signed him to be. The start he has had with this organization has been tainted by his injuries and its tough to recover from that mentally as a player without a fresh start.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#269 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

Weiss has used up a lot of patience from my perspective. He needs to come out and kill it - be the pro we signed him to be. The start he has had with this organization has been tainted by his injuries and its tough to recover from that mentally as a player without a fresh start.

Well said.

#270 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

I'm sure that Weiss is just, if not more, frustrated by his injury and his inability to perform for the team, DD.  So let's give him the benefit of the doubt when he comes back healthy that he'll do just what is needed. Kill it.

If he can't. ...and we're talking about a player that's "broken."  Then we'll definitely headed in a different direction with him.

...but he still deserves some patience.  It's not as if he's faking injury or holding out on us.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#271 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

I'm sure that Weiss is just, if not more, frustrated by his injury and his inability to perform for the team, DD.  So let's give him the benefit of the doubt when he comes back healthy that he'll do just what is needed. Kill it.

If he can't. ...and we're talking about a player that's "broken."  Then we'll definitely headed in a different direction with him.

...but he still deserves some patience.  It's not as if he's faking injury or holding out on us.

I wouldn't suggest he is faking an injury. I just think the more time that passes the harder it will be for him to be an effective player for us - for mental reasons and physical reasons (being out so long). The more the frustration mounts for him the more likely it is that he over-does it out there and ends up playing worse than better with all that pressure. Thats all I wanted to say. I wasn't trying to criticize the guy - just stating the point that its tough and getting tougher. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#272 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I wouldn't suggest he is faking an injury. I just think the more time that passes the harder it will be for him to be an effective player for us - for mental reasons and physical reasons (being out so long). The more the frustration mounts for him the more likely it is that he over-does it out there and ends up playing worse than better with all that pressure. Thats all I wanted to say. I wasn't trying to criticize the guy - just stating the point that its tough and getting tougher. 

Cool.  I wasn't sure at first because in your previous post you said something about "using up a lot of patience" 

I do agree, it could be harder for him to get back, but I think the acquisition of Legwand takes some of that immediate pressure off of him.

IN FACT, I think it helps alleviate a lot of pressure on a lot of players.  ANY of our injured centers... or centers that are playing above their heads (Andersson at #1C.  Helm at #2, etc.)

Specifically with Weiss, when healthy he can be eased back in on the wing instead of plopping him back down at center and saying,

"PERFORM DAMN IT!"  ...because I'm sure in his mind, he's already telling himself he's gotta do it.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#273 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Cool.  I wasn't sure at first because in your previous post you said something about "using up a lot of patience" 

I do agree, it could be harder for him to get back, but I think the acquisition of Legwand takes some of that immediate pressure off of him.

IN FACT, I think it helps alleviate a lot of pressure on a lot of players.  ANY of our injured centers... or centers that are playing above their heads (Andersson at #1C.  Helm at #2, etc.)

Specifically with Weiss, when healthy he can be eased back in on the wing instead of plopping him back down at center and saying,

"PERFORM DAMN IT!"  ...because I'm sure in his mind, he's already telling himself he's gotta do it.

I could not agree more, and this is why I'm a supporter of the Legwand deal. Add into the fact that now, when (if) we get all our guys back healthy, then we've got a great deal of depth at the C position. 

temp 1

#274 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

What is Weiss's status?

#275 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

What is Weiss's status?

Stephen Weiss exited Monday's practice midway through the session after he experienced some pain in his groin area.
He had sports hernia surgery just before Christmas and team doctors think he sustained some inflammation by pushing himself in practice. Weiss will be re-evaluated later this week.

From 3 days ago

Vince Lombardi

#276 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

I hope we get to see a healthy lineup looks nice though

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Tatar-Weiss-Alfredsson
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi

#277 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Tatar-Weiss-Alfredsson
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi

No sheahan or jurco. I'm pretty sure the kids are gonna play

#278 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

No sheahan or jurco. I'm pretty sure the kids are gonna play

Idk come playoff time. Babs might want experience. Jurco and Sheahan are best suited for 3rd line time and I don't know if they're better than Alfie and Weiss

#279 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Those two are a big part of a line that has kept us afloat through these injuries. Can't see Bert playing over both them, maybe jurco doesn't play but I think sheahan is in for sure. I'd like both in. My opinion tho. First we need to make the playoffs and get healthy

#280 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Tatar-Weiss-Alfredsson
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi

bert is poopoo defensively. glendenning would be a good fit there 

i have to say legwand makes usf****** deep

Edited by brett, 06 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.