• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#361 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

So is Weiss done for the year?  He was coming back last week, how big of a set back could he have had?

He wanted to be creative and picked sphincter pull from the Red Wings pool of pain as that's about the ONLY injury we haven't seen from this team this year!

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#362 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Emmerton recalled from GR.  That's it.  We're a shoo-in for the Cup now.

;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#363 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

how far out is weiss now?  helm?  dats is another 10 days at least?

naked is a state of mind

#364 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Jurco with ribs. Hope those are not broken.... that injury sucks 100% of the time.

#365 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Wings-Logo.gif

#366 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Wings-Logo.gif

lmao so accurate

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#367 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

cleary must still be injured since pulkkinen is called up

#368 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Weiss' season has been a disaster. Played thru an injury because he was with a new team and sucked. Was supposed to be back after the Olympic break to try and right his season. Now he's still out, no one knows why, and the guy might not even get a chance to show if he's even worth half o his contract. If he was the guy in Florida, he'll help us alot. If he misses the remainder of the year, not sure what kind of confidence the Wings brass would have in him going into the summer.

#NOMOREKINDL

#369 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

This team needs to re-assess it's training staff. WTF.

Is there a record for injuries on a team in a season?

#370 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Weiss' season has been a disaster. Played thru an injury because he was with a new team and sucked. Was supposed to be back after the Olympic break to try and right his season. Now he's still out, no one knows why, and the guy might not even get a chance to show if he's even worth half o his contract. If he was the guy in Florida, he'll help us alot. If he misses the remainder of the year, not sure what kind of confidence the Wings brass would have in him going into the summer.

Yea and if he does miss the remainder of the year, he'll have virtually no value going into the offseason, meaning the Wings will have to play him next season regardless. That said, I don't think the organisation would trade him whatever happens this year. 

temp 1

#371 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Yea and if he does miss the remainder of the year, he'll have virtually no value going into the offseason, meaning the Wings will have to play him next season regardless. That said, I don't think the organisation would trade him whatever happens this year. 

I don't want them to trade him. I think when he's healthy he is a very good hockey player. But this is 2 straight seasons where he's barely played due to 2 different injuries. I think the Wings brass will examine getting rid of Weiss unless he can find his groin, and then hopefully, his game.

#NOMOREKINDL

#372 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

I don't want them to trade him. I think when he's healthy he is a very good hockey player. But this is 2 straight seasons where he's barely played due to 2 different injuries. I think the Wings brass will examine getting rid of Weiss unless he can find his groin, and then hopefully, his game.

Yea I definitely want to see what he's made of. After all a guy doesn't get that kind of contract for nothing. I'm willing to be patient

temp 1

#373 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

i don't know if this belongs here, but since it's "injury updates", edzo is out for tonight's game between Boston and Montreal because of throat infection. the Gods must have punished him for the verbal crap he spewed during sunday's game

#374 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Khan and St James saying Jurco out 10-14 days, at least while waiting for test results.

#375 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Stephen Weiss went to Philly to see doc who performed hernia surgery. Has pain from scar tissue. Wings hoping for "good news" in 7-10 days.

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive 18m

Tomas Jurco (ribs) out minimum 10-14 days as Wings wait for more test results, Ken Holland said.

#376 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Stephen Weiss went to Philly to see doc who performed hernia surgery. Has pain from scar tissue. Wings hoping for "good news" in 7-10 days.

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive 18m

Tomas Jurco (ribs) out minimum 10-14 days as Wings wait for more test results, Ken Holland said.

tumblr_n2arobnr1g1qmrrcgo1_500.jpg

#377 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

Does anyone know how many games lost to injury we have this season or where we rank in the league? I gotta imagine we are number one in that category.

#378 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

Does anyone know how many games lost to injury we have this season or where we rank in the league? I gotta imagine we are number one in that category.

4th actually. Pens first by a good margin, followed by Tampa and Anaheim. Also 4th in average minutes of injured players (Pens, Carolina, Ducks)

Wings are first in CHIP (cap hit of injured players).

Data from http://springingmali...nalysis-60.html

#379 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

4th actually. Pens first by a good margin, followed by Tampa and Anaheim. Also 4th in average minutes of injured players (Pens, Carolina, Ducks)

Wings are first in CHIP (cap hit of injured players).

Data from http://springingmali...nalysis-60.html

I'm glad it shows cap hit loss. I bet no one has had injuries to their top 6 forwards like we have this season. It seems that injuries have been getting worse for the wings for about 4 years straight now.

#380 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

It's insane. Any injury prone team doesn't get this many injuries to key players. The gambler fallacy in me says this has to turn around at some point...