• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#421 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Bring up as many prospects as we can and give them as much experience as possible. That's the most beneficial thing we can do to prepare for the future.
  • Y19 likes this

#422 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

This just pisses me off.  A bunch of players made out of glass.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 17 March 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#423 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

dominos..whos next?

#424 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

anyone committed to tanking the rest of the year and shooting for a possible top 8 pick?

naked is a state of mind

#425 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

anyone committed to tanking the rest of the year and shooting for a possible top 8 pick?

More like expecting it. I'll hold out hope for playoffs until we're mathematically out though.

#426 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

I've been hopeful for the playoffs because I thought this team had what it takes in a lot of ways despite injuries, but at this point, it's really hard to not throw in the towel, and it's tough to feel bad about it given the circumstances. While I still believe that there's a chance we could pull it off as we're really not that far out of the picture at all, it's looking less and less likely each game as more guys go down. At some point, you also have to stop and wonder if it's for the best. Maybe it'd be better to miss it and give Dats and Z as much time as possible to recover. Maybe that's what's for the best for them and the team. If you shelve Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm, Weiss, etc. for the season to focus on rehab for next season, it sends a signal to the guys that it's over, but they've still got pride. I think the chances of them making the playoffs at this point are obviously slim, but I think they'll be in the hunt until the end, so I'm not expecting a draft miracle.

And I mean, seriously, why would we start getting so lucky now?

-Elliot...does not panic.

#427 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

It may happen anyways indirectly between the injuries and schedule. Not something I expect Babcock or the kids fighting for jobs next season to embrace, though. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#428 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Not a chance, we are only 3 back with 2 games in hand. Until we are mathematically eliminated, I'll keep the faith.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#429 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

Well we are right where I though we would be 6-10 range in the east but I didn't see this many injuries.

Guys like helm an Weiss are not a surprise but everyone else? Come on.

What's going to be truly great is the kids carrying us to an eighth seed and then all the guys like Sammy cleary Bert Weiss etc etc will be back for the playoffs and we will be swept 0-4 while the kids win another Calder cup.

#430 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

See that the injury thread has new posts, go in optimistic.... Aaaaand it's gone.

This is by far the most depressing thread I've ever been apart of :(

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#431 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 3m

Landon Ferraro will play if Todd Bertuzzi doesn't. Justin Abdelkader (cut leg) out 2 weeks per Babcock #redwings

#432 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Who has to die before Callahan gets a call up? 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#433 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Who has to die before Callahan gets a call up? 

Babs.

#434 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Babs.

Best post of the day.  Easily.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#435 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Id like to thank the wings brass for making this joke possible.

#436 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

They can't hear you... they've all taken an early vacation...

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#437 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,913 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Yes, because that was Holland who broke Andersson's foot, Jurco's ribs, cut Abby's leg, gave Helm the egg-shell gene, etc.

Or it's Babcock's for having Andersson blocks shots. Or for telling Jurco to "skate really hard into Comeau's stick".  

There are lot's of things to be upset about when it comes to the "wings brass", but blaming these injuries on Holland, Babcock, Jimmy D, Illitch, etc is just spoiled fan entitlement personified.  

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#438 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,011 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yes, because that was Holland who broke Andersson's foot, Jurco's ribs, cut Abby's leg, gave Helm the egg-shell gene, etc.

Or it's Babcock's for having Andersson blocks shots. Or for telling Jurco to "skate really hard into Comeau's stick".  

There are lot's of things to be upset about when it comes to the "wings brass", but blaming these injuries on Holland, Babcock, Jimmy D, Illitch, etc is just spoiled fan entitlement personified.  

I think he was referring more to the fact that the brass isn't giving Callahan a chance.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#439 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

I think he was referring more to the fact that the brass isn't giving Callahan a chance.

Precisely.

#440 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,011 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

You do have to wonder how much an 8th seed is really gonna be worth. We'd be facing the Bruins or Penguins with a lineup which, even if healthy, would probably suck. Certainly we're not winning the Cup.

Edited by Dabura, 18 March 2014 - 12:22 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!