810 replies to this topic

#41 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Sad to say playoffs r slipping away
I honestly have no idea what hockey in spring will be like without the wings in it...

If you remember Lidstrom's final season, that's what it will feel like.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#42 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Seriously, there are 33 games to go! The Wings are playing well of late (minus the Blues game) and are starting to get some of these guys back in the lineup slowly. I don't want to hear any talk about missing the playoffs yet! It's January!!!! 

I know these injuries are depressing but our depleted lineup nearly beat the Ducks, beat the Kings twice in a week and could very well have gone 4-1-0 on that last road trip. Isn't that something to be optimistic about with big E coming back for the Hawks game, Alfredsson back this weekend (hopefully) and Datsyuk maybe next week? 

This team will get healthy and with the additionally pieces will hopefully just add to our recent string of good games…..

temp 1

#43 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

Seriously, there are 33 games to go! The Wings are playing well of late (minus the Blues game) and are starting to get some of these guys back in the lineup slowly. I don't want to hear any talk about missing the playoffs yet! It's January!!!! 

I know these injuries are depressing but our depleted lineup nearly beat the Ducks, beat the Kings twice in a week and could very well have gone 4-1-0 on that last road trip. Isn't that something to be optimistic about with big E coming back for the Hawks game, Alfredsson back this weekend (hopefully) and Datsyuk maybe next week? 

This team will get healthy and with the additionally pieces will hopefully just add to our recent string of good games..

We've been playing well almost all year.
The problem is, as wings fan, most of whom are pretty damn knowledgeable and schooled in the ways of the org. We judge the play subjectively.

When Pavels out, we expect less.
When hanks our we expect even more less.

Our standards are lax because our team is depleted.
Were literally missing EVERY expected center, but were still playing well, given our lineup.

It looks like we're playing really responsibly, but I fear I only think that because I'm used to them playing horrid hockey, and without the benefit of hindsight(and improved play) I can't see as many mistakes.

We need pav.
We need Alfie(this season)
And we need Weiss, and we need him to come back playing like a first line center gracious enough to play on a team where he can play against second pairings.

#44 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

When we get bodies back, the team will continue to improve. The big problem all year was different lines every night due to guys dropping like flies. Look now, we've had the same line up for a little while (although depleted) and the team has been playing better each night for the most part. a couple of 1-0 losses against the type of teams we lost them to with our line up is a sign of good things to come IMO. 

#45 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

I myself agree it will improve, but this next set of games before the break are huge. It won't get us a spot but it could loose us a spot

Edit- with Howard out. Yikes

Edited by mjtm77, 22 January 2014 - 04:39 AM.

Posted Image

#46 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

"@Bill_Roose: How's this for a good sign? #RedWings center Stephen Weiss is on the ice in full gear before today's morning skate."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#47 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Wow. Good for him. I had the same type of surgery a couple years ago and can't imagine being back on the ice already (I however do not have professional trainers or am a professional athlete sooo perspective i guess). 

Heres to hoping he returns/becomes the 2c this team needs

#48 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

i dont expect him to be any better. their excuse will still be hes still trying to come back from that injury. next season he has no excuses though

#49 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

"@Bill_Roose: How's this for a good sign? #RedWings center Stephen Weiss is on the ice in full gear before today's morning skate."

Nice for him being healed but aside from that big deal. Unless he starts scoring goals he won't bring anything to the team that is needed. Also what about the cap with him coming back from LTIR?

#50 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Nice for him being healed but aside from that big deal. Unless he starts scoring goals he won't bring anything to the team that is needed. Also what about the cap with him coming back from LTIR?

Holland dreads the day - it is in his nightmares - just keep denying the need to make a move.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#51 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Optional skate at the Joe today.

Pav, Alfie, Mule on the ice.

More updates soon.

#52 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Alfie says he's eyeing return Friday vs habs.

#53 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Franzen also said that today is the first day since mid December that he hasn't felt the least bit foggy.
"Need to talk to the training staff, see what they think" Franzen said "I'm just happy to not feel like im in the fog anymore. Like this is the first day."

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 23 January 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#54 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Pav is day to say, franzen is day to day , anderson is day to day and weiss is still out till after sochi Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#55 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Jimmy Howard on the ice in full gear working with goalie coach Jim Bedard as Wings filing onto ice for skate. Howard not ready to play yet.

Howard is facing shots, which obviously is a good sign since he said on Tuesday his knee would be re-assessed in a week.

Andersson (lower body) skating for first time in eight days.

Based on how they're skating it looks like Alfredsson is back tonight, on line with Helm and Cleary.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#56 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Or that's the 3rd line behind Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco.  Given that it's dead weight playing with 2 guys coming back from injuries, I'd say the kid line is #2.

Good point.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#57 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

I'm really kinda tired of deleting off-topic posts from here.  This is a thread about injuries, not lines, not whether Babcock is a good coach or not, who should sit, etc.  There's at least the GDT to discuss this in, and more than likely a couple of other threads as well. Let's keep this to injuries, please.  Any more off-topic posts will *sigh* be deleted and the offending member suspended.

Thanks.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#58 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'm really kinda tired of deleting off-topic posts from here.  This is a thread about injuries, not lines, not whether Babcock is a good coach or not, who should sit, etc.  There's at least the GDT to discuss this in, and more than likely a couple of other threads as well. Let's keep this to injuries, please.  Any more off-topic posts will *sigh* be deleted and the offending member suspended.

Thanks.

Whoa!! Sorry, didn't realize there was an issue. My bad.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#59 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Thanks.

Sorry mate, i didnt mean to get off topic, i see a conversation and i reply to it. Rarely thinking about if im in the right thread to post such a reply.
But i see what yamean. Just dont drop the banhammer! Were all friends here!

#60 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Thanks.

Player comes back, lines change.  Where a guy plays, who sits, and who gets shuffled to a new line is all part of the conversation.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!