• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

I think shutting Weiss down and giving him a clean slate next fall is the right way to go. But, I also think we should try to re-sign Legwand. If that means a couple guys have to switch to wing, so be it. We need to know that we're gonna have Z and D on the top line and a solid second-line center.

I think shutting Weiss down and giving him a clean slate next fall is the right way to go. But, I also think we should try to re-sign Legwand. If that means a couple guys have to switch to wing, so be it. We need to know that we're gonna have Z and D on the top line and a solid second-line center.

After the injury fiasco this year I fully agree. Also Holland needs to look after his assets. He traded quite a bit to get Legwand. It would behoove him to retain the services he paid so dearly for.

I hate to say it but the chances are super slim with us making it past the first round without Z and E. We don't have the depth to compete with Boston or Pittsburgh if we don't have those two players.

After the injury fiasco this year I fully agree. Also Holland needs to look after his assets. He traded quite a bit to get Legwand. It would behoove him to retain the services he paid so dearly for.

Absolutely.

Legwand has shown he can be a respectable 1C. If he asks for a longish deal @ around $5M per year, well, that's what Dave Bolland is reportedly looking for, and Dave Bolland is a third-line center. Point being, I think the market value for top-end centermen is going to rise pretty dramatically over the next couple of seasons, especially with the cap going up. And if the secret wasn't out prior to this season, it certainly is now: we have a ton of extremely promising kids in our system. If we're going to acquire a top-six center via trade because Weiss really isn't working out, we'll have to part with another young stud. Why not just re-sign Legwand and eliminate that possibility?

Guest Playmaker

I have mixed feelings on this. While I would for sure prefer Legwand over Weiss, I also don't want another Cleary situation. Signing a player when we already have enough on the roster. We're really kind of stuck with Weiss. No one is going to take him with his injury situation over the past two years and his big contract. Our only hope is that we can Pronger him for a few seasons.

I hate to say it but the chances are super slim with us making it past the first round without Z and E. We don't have the depth to compete with Boston or Pittsburgh if we don't have those two players.

The Pens actually aren't especially deep this season. Our bottom six is better than theirs, and if our fourth line can continue to be clutch in the shutdown department, that gives us a big matchups advantage. They need their big guns to carry the team.

I recently said the Bruins don't have any weaknesses. But if there's one area of concern for them, it's their blue line, which is young and inexperienced - much like ours.

Dab, Legwand is not a 1C. he is a 50 point guy, at best a 2C. Sheahan is the same type of player, which is good.

My point was he's a solid 2C who can fill in on the top line on a temporary basis if need be. Given our injury woes every season, that'd be big for us.

I'm not convinced that no one would trade for Weiss. Tallon only let him walk in the first place because his hands were tied financially. That's no longer the case; he's been given the green light to spend this summer. If not Florida, then perhaps Toronto. Bolland probably won't be back, as he's reportedly looking for a big-ass contract. So, you'd expect them to tell him to GTFO, then turn right around and acquire an ugly contract (e.g. Weiss) as his replacement.

This is very exciting - to summarise:

• Hank skating with the team at practice today - not for long but still skating.
  • re-evaluate how he feels wednesday, if he's good, he'll skate again.
  • KH said they need another week before he can be cleared for contact stuff.
  • Ericsson out for the first round

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_henrik_zetterberg_to.html

The complexion of this series changes entirely if Henrik Zetterberg plays tomorrow.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but man what a huge boost that could be.

It's massive. I always used to think that pavel was our best player over hank, and although pavel is my favorite I can't say it. Z is our best player especially in the playoffs, if he's back tomorrow it not only makes our team way better, by we gain leadership and IMO the best playoff performer in the last decade. Please hank play tomorrow

If Zetterberg is back in, and Ouellet replaces Kindl or Lashoff, we're back in this thing. At least it'll be competitive. Even if Zetterberg isn't 100%, having another talented player for Boston to cover potential frees up Nyquist or someone else who is being smothered. Z could be useful even just as a distraction for Boston's best shut-down guys.

We're not out of this thing. Even with the current team, all we need is a better start in those last two games and things could've been different, and it's still only 2-1. I'm not 100% convinced Zetterberg rushing back is for the best. Obviously I'm hopeful, and perhaps it'll help motivate guys at the very least, but I just have a hard time believing he's close to truly being ready to compete. But who knows, the guys got a ton of heart and that can overcome a lot of physical issues.

We're not out of this thing. Even with the current team, all we need is a better start in those last two games and things could've been different, and it's still only 2-1. I'm not 100% convinced Zetterberg rushing back is for the best. Obviously I'm hopeful, and perhaps it'll help motivate guys at the very least, but I just have a hard time believing he's close to truly being ready to compete. But who knows, the guys got a ton of heart and that can overcome a lot of physical issues.

Well I remember right when he was scheduled to have the surgery, I believe it was holland who said that he could be back as early as the last few games of the regular season, so I'm not really sure how early this really is. I always believed that he would be back in round one and thought aiming for round 2 was a smoke screen

@DetroitRedWings: UPDATE: Henrik Zetterberg said he will talk to the team doctors before making a decision about tomorrow #RedWings

Wow!!!

Here's hoping, because the Wings definitely look like a team without a Captain.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abby

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Miller-Helm-Glendening

Yes please.