• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#621 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

He played 1 game each on those two call ups, in no way is that an accurate measure.

Exactly, he wasn't very good in those two games, either way not an accurate measurement. The wings couldn't just assume a rookie would be that good and not sign a legitimate second line center

#622 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I love the idea of Jurco-Datsyuk-Tatar. Checking, stickhandling and sniping mixed with speed and oversized ambition and aggression. Love it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#623 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

mlive says no datsyuk this weekend. will skate again on tuesday

#624 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

The news is getting better and better with Datsyuk and Weiss close, and Abby back Wednesday. If we have a full complement minus E and Z by next weekend, I certainly like our chances.

#NOMOREKINDL

#625 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

I think the Magic man will be back in less than 10 days. Esp if we want to make a strong push for the playoffs. 

#626 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

I think the Magic man will be back in less than 10 days. Esp if we want to make a strong push for the playoffs. 

I hope he's Back Wednesday

#627 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

Given the news on pav he I'll for sure be playing next Wednesday the only reason he might not is because its Boston and the wings won't want the bruins taking runs at him therefore they may opt to keep pav out til Friday against buffalo. The options with pav Weiss and Abby all back are nice to have and will make the team much better.

Nyqyist-pav-alfie (I think this is the best way to use alfie and I really want to see Nyquist with pav)

Jurco-sheahan- Tatar (no reason not to keep them together)

Franzen- helm- Weiss

Abby- legwand- Miller/ glendening

#628 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Given the news on pav he I'll for sure be playing next Wednesday the only reason he might not is because its Boston and the wings won't want the bruins taking runs at him therefore they may opt to keep pav out til Friday against buffalo. The options with pav Weiss and Abby all back are nice to have and will make the team much better.

Nyqyist-pav-alfie (I think this is the best way to use alfie and I really want to see Nyquist with pav)

Jurco-sheahan- Tatar (no reason not to keep them together)

Franzen- helm- Weiss

Abby- legwand- Miller/ glendening

Everyone keeps saying Weiss is coming back, did I miss something here?

#629 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

shaehan and glendog were unknowns, now they're not. center is fine.
need top 6 wingers? we have two in nyq and tatar.

just need everyone healthy and to trim the dead weight and the wings have a very good set of forwards.

defense is what is needed.

Funny how I said we need too 6 wingers and you go on and only name two...besides right now Tatar is more of a third line guy this year maybe next year. Nyquist I def is a top6 but another was needed.

Also how can you say Sheahan and glendening were unknowns but Tatar and nyquist were top 6. Before thy got play time they were all unknowns. LOL. You're confusing present day with the offseason I think.

#630 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Apparently he skated the last two days and will practice with the team on Tuesday. So hoping he can get going because he is a good player I don't care what anyone says if he can get going.

#631 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Apparently he skated the last two days and will practice with the team on Tuesday. So hoping he can get going because he is a good player I don't care what anyone says if he can get going.

I know he skated, and I agree he is a good player. The problem is he hasn't really been pushing himself when he's been skating, so I hope he will be back soon, but I'm not anticipating anything yet.

#632 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

I think when he comes back he should play wing to make it easier for him to adjust.

Either way pav will be back that's all that matters to me right now I miss watching him play so much lol. He will carry the team with the kids.

#633 trule23

trule23

GOON

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Abby is comin back tonight , who will sit to accommodate his return?

#634 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hopefully Bert

#635 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

If its anyone other than Bert or Andersson babs is high. Andersson can at least PK so Bert SHOULD sit. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#636 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Don't look for Pavel Datsyuk to return to action next week.
Although he is progressing from a knee injury he is not slated to skate with his Red Wing teammates in a real practice until Tuesday. That doesn't bode well for a return in the next seven days. Check back with us next week for further updates on Datsyuk's recovery. Mar 29 - 9:40 AM

#637 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

I thought one actually needed to be here first, before one could be back here.

#638 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Don't look for Pavel Datsyuk to return to action next week.
Although he is progressing from a knee injury he is not slated to skate with his Red Wing teammates in a real practice until Tuesday. That doesn't bode well for a return in the next seven days. Check back with us next week for further updates on Datsyuk's recovery. Mar 29 - 9:40 AM

They practice Tuesday and then will have another practice Thursday, so Pavel playing Friday or Saturday is not out of the question. I think it depends how the team does between now and next weekend. If they win today and lose Wedneday, it won't be a huge need to rush Pav back, but if we lose today and Wednesday, then they will feel more of a need to bring him back. Personally though, I think he will play next weekend.

#639 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Also how can you say Sheahan and glendening were unknowns but Tatar and nyquist were top 6. Before thy got play time they were all unknowns. LOL. You're confusing present day with the offseason I think.

To be fair, Nyquist and Tatar showed much more promise in terms of scoring-line potential. Leading scorers for the Griffins, and Nyquist had a great postseason performance with us against the Ducks and 'hawks.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#640 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

If a week from now Dats is kinda borderline and we're in a really tough spot, maybe he can play in the bottom six. Datsyuk @ 40% > Andersson @ 100%.

Don't Toews me, bro!