• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#641 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Personally, I'd rather they just put Weiss on the shelf for the rest of the season and both sides can put this season behind us and start fresh.  He's basically missed two whole seasons, he's with a new team and can't be in good shape at all.  I can't really see him adding a whole lot.  While I expected more out of Legwand, I still think he's going to bring more to the table than Weiss.  I just don't think the Wings can afford to put someone in who needs 10 games to get his legs and conditioning back. 

#642 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Personally, I'd rather they just put Weiss on the shelf for the rest of the season and both sides can put this season behind us and start fresh.  He's basically missed two whole seasons, he's with a new team and can't be in good shape at all.  I can't really see him adding a whole lot.  While I expected more out of Legwand, I still think he's going to bring more to the table than Weiss.  I just don't think the Wings can afford to put someone in who needs 10 games to get his legs and conditioning back. 

At times this season I completely forgot he even played for this team. :lol:

#643 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I agree. And considering with Z and Dats back along with Abby we won't have any place for Weiss to play unless we send Glendening down and I think Weiss won't be any more effective at this point with no game time for like 2 years. None of the kids should sit with Weiss in and nobody else is even a candidate to sit for Weiss. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#644 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

To be fair, Nyquist and Tatar showed much more promise in terms of scoring-line potential. Leading scorers for the Griffins, and Nyquist had a great postseason performance with us against the Ducks and 'hawks.

While I agree 100% someone is still not proven in the nhl until they are in the nhl.

#645 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Funny how I said we need too 6 wingers and you go on and only name two...besides right now Tatar is more of a third line guy this year maybe next year. Nyquist I def is a top6 but another was needed.

Also how can you say Sheahan and glendening were unknowns but Tatar and nyquist were top 6. Before thy got play time they were all unknowns. LOL. You're confusing present day with the offseason I think.

Nyq and Tatar were unknown at one point too, yea. I didn't say they were top 6 but they will be moving forward.. we have plenty of top 6 forward depth from this point on is all I meant. Defense needs to be the priority this off season.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#646 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

I can see Babs playing him a few times before the playoffs. Just try to get his legs back. If we finish strong and make the playoffs I can see him sitting out and just waiting for that game or games someone doesn't play up to par. 

#647 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Who would you guys rather bench when Dats, Z, and Weiss come back...Glendening, Miller, or Andersson?

#648 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Who would you guys rather bench when Dats, Z, and Weiss come back...Glendening, Miller, or Andersson?

Weiss miller and Anderson.

#649 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Andersson and Glendening sit. 

Z - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Miller - Helm - Abby

Weiss sits (maybe babs gives him a chance over Jurco for a few games but he likely won't produce and sits)

#650 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Z - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Helm - Abby
Weiss sits (maybe babs gives him a chance over Jurco for a few games but he likely won't produce and sits)

Its amazing that in the beginning of the season you would look at that lineup and puke. Now i look at that lineup and say we can compete with anyone in the league. At least at forward.

#651 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

Z - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Helm - Abby

1st line initially looks great, but if you give it a second thought...3 creative guys on one line would be wasted. I'll go with:

Z - Dats - Alfie

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Abby - Glendening - Helm

With Miller the first to come in if anyone gets injured. If that top line doesn't work out well, it changes to:

Z - Dats - Jurco

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist

Abby - Glendening - Helm

Yes, Jurco. I wanna see that. :clap:

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#652 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

jurco will be sent down with andersson playing.  need at least 4 guys to kill penalties...

helm, miller, abby, andersson

that's how babs rolls  :)

naked is a state of mind

#653 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

Assuming dats and z return (which is still a big if IMO) I would like to see;
Nyqvist Datsyuk Franzen
Alfredsson Legwand Zetterberg
Jurco Sheahan Tatar
Abdelkader Glendening Helm

#654 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

jurco will be sent down with andersson playing.  need at least 4 guys to kill penalties...

helm, miller, abby, andersson

that's how babs rolls   :)

With everyone healthy, use Dats and/or Z on the PK and don't waste a spot to someone with minor talent, just to kill penalties.

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#655 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Sheahan can kill penalties along with Z and Dats and I think Legwand is half decent too.

#656 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

I can't see how you can possibly break up the kids/send any of them down. They've really carried this team this far the last couple of months and are still going, creating havoc in the offensive zone and still being defensively responsible. We're going to need that scoring depth if we make it into the playoffs (i'm not going to be the one to jinx it!)

temp 1

#657 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

All I know is that I don't think there is any chance Glendening is coming off this roster when the team is healthy. Can't take any of the guys with speed out of the lineup. 

#658 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

All I know is that I don't think there is any chance Glendening is coming off this roster when the team is healthy. Can't take any of the guys with speed out of the lineup. 

If the Wings play the Pens in the playoffs, I want Glendening to do whatever he's been doing to Crosby.  Every.  Single.  Game.

#659 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Assuming dats and z return (which is still a big if IMO) I would like to see;
Nyqvist Datsyuk Franzen
Alfredsson Legwand Zetterberg
Jurco Sheahan Tatar
Abdelkader Glendening Helm

That line up looks amazing. That's even without Weiss! If Smith can continue to play well, same for Q, then I think this team could be deadly in the playoffs.

Dat forward corps is absolutely filthy.

#660 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

With everyone healthy, use Dats and/or Z on the PK and don't waste a spot to someone with minor talent, just to kill penalties.

why would you waste z and d on the pk? our pk has been great, i would rather not waste their energy killing penalties, when we have guys like glendining, helm, miller, dekeyser, andersson, sheahan, abby, and kronwall that can kill penalties