• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#661 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

why would you waste z and d on the pk? our pk has been great, i would rather not waste their energy killing penalties, when we have guys like glendining, helm, miller, dekeyser, andersson, sheahan, abby, and kronwall that can kill penalties

I think it's more of a question of who else could kill the penalties, once everyone gets healthy and you want to keep all the kids in the lineup. 

If you've got:

Z-Datsyuk-Franzen

Nyquist-Legwand-Alfredsson

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abdelkader-Helm-Glendening

Who's going to be doing the PKing? 

Glendening and Helm, then who?

temp 1

#662 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

why would you waste z and d on the pk? our pk has been great, i would rather not waste their energy killing penalties, when we have guys like glendining, helm, miller, dekeyser, andersson, sheahan, abby, and kronwall that can kill penalties

I think it's more of a question of who else could kill the penalties, once everyone gets healthy and you want to keep all the kids in the lineup. 

If you've got:

Z-Datsyuk-Franzen

Nyquist-Legwand-Alfredsson

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abdelkader-Helm-Glendening

Who's going to be doing the PKing? 

Glendening and Helm, then who?

Exactly this. Having all bottom six PKers in the lineup at the same time weakens our overall offense, because someone valuable gets left off.

Plus, Z and Dats are great PKers when healthy. And greatness is what you need on the highest level. For example, look at Chicago...when it matters most, you can expect seeing Toews on the PK. And rightfully so. Why not send your best to the task? ;)

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#663 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Last year both Datsyuk and Zetterberg PK in the playoffs. Not sure what the difference is.

#664 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

With everyone healthy, use Dats and/or Z on the PK and don't waste a spot to someone with minor talent, just to kill penalties.

Dats won't be 100%, z will be back from back surgery. Babs will be smart with how they are used. I'm sure z will be on key pks once he is fully back in game shape, but we still need pk regulars. Luckily we have guys that can do that and bring a lot of speed and energy to the team.

#665 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_look_to_carry_moment.html 

Datsyuk update: Pavel Datsyuk will practice with the team on Tuesday before it's determined whether he can play on Wednesday or later in the week, general manager Ken Holland said.

You best not be playing any April fools joke Khan!

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#666 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_look_to_carry_moment.html 

You best not be playing any April fools joke Khan!

Seems he won't be ready for tomorrow

#667 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

I'm not expecting him back this week.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#668 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Pavs is a game time decision tomorrow. My guess is he plays by the weekend at the latest at this point. 

#669 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive  48s

Datsyuk also said his conditioning is a concern after not having played since Feb. 27. Feels urgency to return and help the team.

I think he should probably not play against the Bruins. Then we he does come back play limited minutes. 

#670 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Saw alfy wasn't practicing on third line? Anyone know what's up with him?

#671 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Saw alfy wasn't practicing on third line? Anyone know what's up with him?

Been seeing for a few days now on twitter than he has been playing with a broken pinky and/or ring finger

#672 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Been seeing for a few days now on twitter than he has been playing with a broken pinky and/or ring finger

Oh okay so just taking time off from practice to rest it. Makes sense.

#673 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Daniel Alfredsson says he was given a maintenance day. Should be ready to go Wednesday against Boston. #RedWings

#674 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

hmm I reckon Pavel will be good to go friday, although it would be awesome to get him back in vs Boston, I think friday night vs the Sabres in an easier game might be better for him. Obviously depends how he's feeling though. Who's next to sit out when he comes back? Andersson?

temp 1

#675 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

I would like to state that anyone that posts an April fools joke regarding injuries today is a gigantic d-bag.  :lol:

After the year we've had injuries should no longer be allowed to be a part of any joke.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#676 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

I don't think it would be wise to start him against Bostom with little conditioning and playing such a tough nosed team. Wait till Buffalo on Friday please!

#677 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

Apparently Jurco blew out his back:

BkJQDu0IYAAt-5o.jpg

BkJQ_wnCUAEtCi5.jpg

:lol:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#678 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

I would like to state that anyone that posts an April fools joke regarding injuries today is a gigantic d-bag.  :lol:

After the year we've had injuries should no longer be allowed to be a part of any joke.

@therealKHAAAANforrealsiesnojokeMLive: all @DetroitRedWings players back from injury wednesday except samuelsson. "Damn right the kids are going to stay!!" says Babs.

WOOOOOOO!!!  :champs:  

:bye:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#679 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

@therealKHAAAANforrealsiesnojokeMLive: all @DetroitRedWings players back from injury wednesday except samuelsson. "Damn right the kids are going to stay!!" says Babs.

WOOOOOOO!!!  :champs:  

:bye:

All wings players back from injury *rolls eyes * z is no where near returning and I doubt Weiss is back. Clearly a joke

#680 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

All wings players back from injury *rolls eyes * z is no where near returning and I doubt Weiss is back. Clearly a joke

Cleary is on  the mend. according to Malik: 

Red Wings forward Daniel Cleary is…on the road to recovery?

I've continued to update the practice post Paul started this morning with the usual practice day's worth of Red Wings news, but the strangest injury update didn't come in the form of anything regarding Stephen Weiss's status (proclaimed himself able to skate with the team on Friday, didn't skate with the team today), Jonathan Ericsson's status (recovering from a broken finger) or Henrik Zetterberg (on track to return late in some sort of first-round playoff scenario?), nor which players the Boston Bruins may sit tomorrow (instead, it's all about "message-sending").

The strangest news came in the form of one Daniel Cleary stating that he'd had reaction to an injection of synvisc, the same artifical knee lubricant that Tomas Holmstrom leaned upon during the latter years of his career, and that Cleary is now on the road to recovery, as Fox Sports Detroit's Dana Wakiji noted:

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand