• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#61 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Whoa!! Sorry, didn't realize there was an issue. My bad.

No problem.

Sorry mate, i didnt mean to get off topic, i see a conversation and i reply to it. Rarely thinking about if im in the right thread to post such a reply.
But i see what yamean. Just dont drop the banhammer! Were all friends here!

Yeah, everyone got off track.  I kinda thought a page and a half disappearing would give folks a hint, but apparently no one noticed.  :D

Player comes back, lines change.  Where a guy plays, who sits, and who gets shuffled to a new line is all part of the conversation.

You might think that, but not really.  Especially not with the 100 other threads with the exact same conversation going on.  No need to repeat the same thing in multiple threads.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#62 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Per Ken Holland, #RedWings will have Johan Franzen back Sunday against Florida. Last played Dec. 15 (concussion).

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#63 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Things are starting to look up again. We may just be able to win some games before the Olympic break. Franzen is underrated, he's going to help a lot. 

#64 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

While I agree Franzen is underrated, He also doesn't perform to the level that everybody knows he can.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#65 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

While I agree Franzen is underrated, He also doesn't perform to the level that everybody knows he can.

To be fair he was tearing it up before he got hurt. Hopefully he can get back to that once he gets his legs back after a few games.

#66 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

NOW Zs :scared: out

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#67 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

bugga, that means that Cleary is back in, geez this guy has more lives than a cat!

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#68 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

No surprise for me - Z has looked hampered/injured and was just hanging on until some guys got healthy being a captain. Dats will be back soon and Z will rest his back for the olympics. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#69 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Per St James: No Zetterberg or Datsyuk tomorrow.

Andersson is a maybe but since they havent made any moves to send someone down it looks doubtful. Also, Howard is back off of IR.

Which leads me to believe theyll roll the same lines as last game. But with Jimmy starting.

Edited by RedWang, 27 January 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#70 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Really sick of having the entire 1st line out.  I doubt many teams could succeed with these kinds of injuries, thankfully the kids are playing pretty well.

"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#71 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

What's the word on Datsyuk
Posted Image

#72 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

What's the word on Datsyuk

He's been "close" to returning for 3 weeks.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#73 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

He's been "close" to returning for 3 weeks.

he's close to returning.... for team russia

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#74 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

I don't get it cause originally dats was suppose to miss a game or two... Do we have any info on when he will return or is there nothin?
Posted Image

#75 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Dats should be back by now..going to look kind of strange if he is playing from the jump at the Olympics.

#76 dat's sick

dat's sick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Sounds like no Datsyuk tomorrow, but he's skating at least. Zetterberg possible.

source: Ansar Khan

#77 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Datsyuk will play one or two games before the break so no one can act like he was purely saving himself for Sochi. We all know his focus by now. This is a very big deal to him and understandably so. I hope z plays tomorrow, we could really use a win.
Atleast based on whos skating at practice, it appears cleary n bert will be scratches!

#78 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Sounds like no Datsyuk tomorrow, but he's skating at least. Zetterberg possible.

source: Ansar Khan

Just came to say the same thing..

Weiss is skating also. But left the ice early.

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Andersson skating on the wing on line with Helm and Alfredsson, so Zetterberg might be ready to play Friday."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#79 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

The cynicism against Datsyuk is offensive to me. It seems like people on this board are ready to turn against any player just cause they're dissatisfied. The truth is that we don't know what's going on with him. He had a concussion earlier in the year - maybe it's something related to that that has kept him out. Who knows, why think that he suddenly cares nothing for the team that he's given his whole career to?

#80 dat's sick

dat's sick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

The cynicism against Datsyuk is offensive to me. It seems like people on this board are ready to turn against any player just cause they're dissatisfied. The truth is that we don't know what's going on with him. He had a concussion earlier in the year - maybe it's something related to that that has kept him out. Who knows, why think that he suddenly cares nothing for the team that he's given his whole career to?

Yeah it's pretty disgusting actually. Datsyuk is apparently "skating on one leg" and people question if he's even hurt. At this point he needs to be able to start practicing at 100% really soon or he might miss the Olympics, or at the very least not be anywhere near game-shape in them. He hasn't become a superstar by resting himself into shape.