• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#141 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Poor Eaves. The guy is so much better than Bert/Cleary/Sammy but will go down for cap reasons. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#142 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Cleary is probably going to need to go down for cap reasons, and so will Samuelsson.  Bertuzzi only clears $100k though.  Unless they make a trade, they can afford this forward lineup:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Alfredsson

Miller-Andersson-Bertuzzi

and one of Glendening or Emmerton.  That leaves not very much cap space.  If they choose Emmerton, they may have enough for Samuelsson too, but only just.  I didn't run that scenario through capgeek because Samuelsson is so terrible.

that lineup looks a lot less dangerous without the Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar line :(

Edit: Grammar 

Edited by Euro_Twins, 13 February 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#143 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

That depends on what Weiss and Franzen can do.  Weiss has a pretty good history of production, and Franzen can usually be counted on for over 25 goals and around 60 points.  If Weiss can get back into form, he's better than Sheahan.  Franzen was on fire when he got hurt, if he can come back healthy, he's better than Jurco.  

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#144 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Not if Weiss plays how we expected him to when we signed him.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#145 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

Not if Weiss plays how we expected him to when we signed him.

While I agree with this, and I was a big supporter of the Weiss signing, there is a whole lot riding on him becoming who we signed him to be, but if z ends up on ltir, we can keep the kids up and roll 4 dangerous lines, with Weiss, helm, franzen Datsyuk, alfie, nyquist, tats sheahan, and jurco, we could be a force to be reckoned with, shame it has to be on z's back (no pun intended) though...

#146 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

We could have both Z and Mule on LTIR after the break, I don't see why Jurco and Sheahan wouldn't stay in that awful, awful scenario.

#147 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

While I agree with this, and I was a big supporter of the Weiss signing, there is a whole lot riding on him becoming who we signed him to be, but if z ends up on ltir, we can keep the kids up and roll 4 dangerous lines, with Weiss, helm, franzen Datsyuk, alfie, nyquist, tats sheahan, and jurco, we could be a force to be reckoned with, shame it has to be on z's back (no pun intended) though...

Ah, good points.. Z on ltir would make sense but hopefully he doesn't need it. It would be so bittersweet though

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#148 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Weiss has pretty much missed two full seasons with different, but serious injuries.  Does anyone really think he's going to come back and dominate?

#149 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Weiss has pretty much missed two full seasons with different, but serious injuries.  Does anyone really think he's going to come back and dominate?

Dominate?  No.  Be useful?  Possibly.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#150 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Others have done it, I won't count out the possibility until I see otherwise, not getting my hopes too high either though

#151 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Ah, good points.. Z on ltir would make sense but hopefully he doesn't need it. It would be so bittersweet though

At this point I think it's almost 100% certain that Z will be on LTIR when the NHL picks up again. 

#152 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Not dominate but I think he's the wings' "x factor" (or at least one of them) after the Olympic break.. we need solid play from him.

Has anyone heard anything about Weiss lately? I'm curious how Plymouth is going..

Datsyukian

adjective

#153 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Not dominate but I think he's the wings' "x factor" (or at least one of them) after the Olympic break.. we need solid play from him.

Has anyone heard anything about Weiss lately? I'm curious how Plymouth is going..

I agree. With Z potentially out long term, if this team is going to go anywhere, it needs a productive push from Weiss here. 

temp 1

#154 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

The best athletes ever deal with the greatest injuries. With great hurt, out comes great heart.

#155 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Franzen and Weiss (probably)ready for the Habs game next week.

http://www.mlive.com...zen_practi.html

#156 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. And not just for one game or two...

#157 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

tumblr_n18rflV9Ct1qjn3rao1_500.jpg

#158 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Franzen and Weiss (probably)ready for the Habs game next week.

http://www.mlive.com...zen_practi.html

nevermind, i'm dumb :P

hopefully mule and weiss come back strong. 

Edited by amato, 23 February 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Datsyukian

adjective

#159 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

We all know the whole "Weiss needs 20 games to get back in game shape" bs ... We can't rely on him doing anything, the kids we have going are a million times better I think I seen enough of him.

#160 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

We all know the whole "Weiss needs 20 games to get back in game shape" bs ... We can't rely on him doing anything, the kids we have going are a million times better I think I seen enough of him.

Well the kids can't carry the team. We absolutely need franzen and Weiss in the mix. With Weiss healthy he should be producing well enough to carry the second line while Datsyuk carries the first.

Franzen Datsyuk Abby
Nyquist Weiss alfie
Tatar sheahan jurco
Miller helm eaves
Or franzen Datsyuk helm

Miller Abby eaves