• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/20 GDT: Blues 4 @ Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

In terms of us & Toronto in the standings go, we have 2 games on hand and if we win the next 2 that puts us within one point of their current 57....we need to dig deep here and get some wins tallied LGW

i will s*** a brick if wings win vs hawks

We got Yzerman in 83 and the team started to be pretty good late in the 80's..... I could live with that.

We also had a GM that could spend daddy's money with ZERO restrictions from the NHL. However, since the salary cap has been reduced, I think we're seeing Holland is not the god he was made out to be.

This team is rebuilding I wouldn't call Holland a bad GM unless we aren't on the upswing by next year or the year after. We have stock piled some nice prospects and I don't think you can expect the team to be phenomenal after all the retirements.

One thing that bothers me is Babcocks approach. He seems to not care if we lose and his approach with the young players is ass backwards. Lines are garbage every night and he rewards the wrong players. 1 PP goal in 24 games is bad coaching.

ame="gowings00" post="2475028" timestamp="1390276224"]

This team is rebuilding I wouldn't call Holland a bad GM unless we aren't on the upswing by next year or the year after. We have stock piled some nice prospects and I don't think you can expect the team to be phenomenal after all the retirements.

One thing that bothers me is Babcocks approach. He seems to not care if we lose and his approach with the young players is ass backwards. Lines are garbage every night and he rewards the wrong players. 1 PP goal in 24 games is bad coaching.

According to him the team is retooling - whatever the difference may be - there seems to be one. Holland had enough time to better prepare this time for the post Saint Nick era, made some questionable signings and seems to be to stubborn to change the way he is building a team.

But he has a chance to correct a lot of things this offseason, hopefully for us he does. Enough with the puck possession style try dump and chase and clock up the neutral zone it's a style built to accomplish more with less talent.

Edited by frankgrimes

I have come to the conclusion, whether right or wrong, that the wings biggest issue is not injuries. Their biggest issue is the fact that other then two or three player no one on the team can finish. We keep getting plenty of great opportunities but most of the time the puck either jumps of the players stick or we flat out miss the net, sometimes by a country mile. Take todays game as an example the Wings had a ton of shots in great spots on the ice but most of them didn't even hit the net. You can't score if you can't hit the net.

I have come to the conclusion, whether right or wrong, that the wings biggest issue is not injuries. Their biggest issue is the fact that other then two or three player no one on the team can finish. We keep getting plenty of great opportunities but most of the time the puck either jumps of the players stick or we flat out miss the net, sometimes by a country mile. Take todays game as an example the Wings had a ton of shots in great spots on the ice but most of them didn't even hit the net. You can't score if you can't hit the net.

Which is weird and injuriating, since we're supposed to be a "skill team" and all. Granted, injuries. But even with a healthy roster, we have trouble finishing. Which sounds vaguely euphemistic, but isn't. You pervert.

I think if our Defense tried aiming when they took a point shot we would be a lot better off. I have never seen a team have so much trouble getting a point shot through to the net

So true. Though I almost feel like they should be aiming LESS, if that makes any sense. Just frickin' rip the thing! And on net! Don't spend five years picking a spot and winding up!

Guest mjtm77

I thought we played a decent game until St. Louis scored and then put on trap style of play

According to him the team is retooling - whatever the difference may be - there seems to be one.

I'd say there's a big difference between rebuilding and retooling. Rebuilding is what the Sabres are doing. It's when you give up on what you've been doing and start working on something entirely new. Blow up the machine, rebuild it mostly from scratch. It takes long-term vision, it takes patience, it takes a long time. Retooling is essentially a less extreme, less time consuming way of rebuilding. You keep the foundation, the essential basic machinery, but you update a key part here and there with quick and efficient fixes.

(Note that it's 4:45 in the morning where I am, so what I just said might not be true at all.)

I'd say there's a big difference between rebuilding and retooling. Rebuilding is what the Sabres are doing. It's when you give up on what you've been doing and start working on something entirely new. Blow up the machine, rebuild it mostly from scratch. It takes long-term vision, it takes patience, it takes a long time. Retooling is essentially a less extreme, less time consuming way of rebuilding. You keep the foundation, the essential basic machinery, but you update a key part here and there with quick and efficient fixes.

(Note that it's 4:45 in the morning where I am, so what I just said might not be true at all.)

Thats a very good definition thank you

the Blues are a great team this season and built for the playoffs if they fix their goaltending watch out NHL

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest midnightpulp

Blues are my only hope in the Central div. to knock out Chiraq.. even if it means surrendering their 0 title moniker.

Edited by midnightpulp

You, and me both.

QFT!

How can you forget the powerplay is our enforcer

if you suck at least suck with style, the Flames are a bad rebuilding team but they've been in the best game this season so far, WTF can't the Wings act like that? The Bash Brothers would have gone outthere after the third goal and provided at least an entertaining element.

Edited by frankgrimes

I've never seen a team give up so much after they're down by more than one goal. Babs got these guys motivated. Maybe it's with him saying in every interviews were never going to win a game unless it's 1-0 or 2-1

I bet you the locker room was as silent as we seen it during 24/7. Maybe Cleary was brown nosing and saying something that fell on deaf ears. Honestly as the team from the 90s was lost, our leadership has become a joke. I really do hope that Tatar does not lose his spark like every other guy on this team has.

I thought we played a decent game until St. Louis scored and then put on trap style of play

Yeah there's a reason they've barely lost a game they score first in. That is where Hitchcock is the best coach in the league and the Blues are perfectly built for that kind of game.

We played a good game up until the 5-on-3 imo. Had we scored there, we could have had a chance. But the team seemed completely deflated after that in was in effect game over.

I don't feel very down actually. We've had a rough schedule and we've managed to hang with all these teams. Not as many points acquired as we would like but I see good things. Ericsson is back soon and that's a sorely needed upgrade on defense. Franzen and Alfie are really missed up front as we just don't have enough guys that can put the puck in the net.

This team is not the team they planned on having. It's not even close. The guys who are #2 and #3 forwards lately, and their best wingers, are at a 0.5 PPG pace and are still learning what it takes to be consistently good at the NHL level. 5 of their 6 best forwards are out except for Helm, who missed a big chunk of games and just came back last night. Couple that with the vets who were counted on in support roles doing absolutely nothing, and you're not going to play at a high level on a game to game basis.