• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/20 GDT: Blues 4 @ Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Helm and Sheahan together is dangerous. I was saying that the other day in a GDT that Sheahan could also play the wing, but someone said they don't like it when guys come off their regular position. Sheahan can do it, Z can do it, Franzen used to be a centre. Sheahan has the skill to pay wherever the hell he wants! Keep that kid up fo good yo!

All of you ripping Babcock, I bet every team except maybe a hand full would fire their coach right now to hire Babcock

With a healthy roster, he is one of the best in the business IMO

To be fair, "With a healthy roster, he is one of the best" isn't really the greatest defense. The best coaches are the ones who work wonders with paper-thin rosters.

I'm not saying he isn't good. He's arguably the best coach in the league. But you don't sometimes get the feeling that the marriage...isn't what it used to be? I'm not even saying it's necessarily *a Babcock thing*. If it is in fact a thing at all, I'm saying it's *a Babcock-as-coach-of-the-Red-Wings thing*. Like, he'd go coach another team and immediately win them a Cup. Because things have just gotten that stale with the Wings.

I'm not sure anything I just said makes any sense, but I'm barely awake so yeah.

Hello operator I would really like to win this game please can you put scoring on the line I don't care if you have to interrupt the call he is currently on this is a medical emergency

All of a sudden i feel like watching the Beavis and Butt-head episode prank call.....as I go upstairs to get my Beavis and Butt-head DVD collection.

Helm and Sheahan together is dangerous. I was saying that the other day in a GDT that Sheahan could also play the wing, but someone said they don't like it when guys come off their regular position. Sheahan can do it, Z can do it, Franzen used to be a centre. Sheahan has the skill to pay wherever the hell he wants! Keep that kid up fo good yo!

Actually, a lot of our forwards can play different positions. Something we rarely talk about.

To be fair, "With a healthy roster, he is one of the best" isn't really the greatest defense. The best coaches are the ones who work wonders with paper-thin rosters.

I'm not saying he isn't good. He's arguably the best coach in the league. But you don't sometimes get the feeling that the marriage...isn't what it used to be? I'm not even saying it's necessarily *a Babcock thing*. If it is in fact a thing at all, I'm saying it's *a Babcock-as-coach-of-the-Red-Wings thing*. Like, he'd go coach another team and immediately win them a Cup. Because things have just gotten that stale with the Wings.

I'm not sure anything I just said makes any sense, but I'm barely awake so yeah.

Babcock's tendency to play oldies + Holland's tendency to sign oldies = disaster. If one side of this equation disappears you get something useful. Either you have less oldies to play or fewer of the oldies on the ice all the time.

Babcock's tendency to play oldies + Holland's tendency to sign oldies = disaster. If one side of this equation disappears you get something useful. Either you have less oldies to play or fewer of the oldies on the ice all the time.

oldies-but-goodies-logo.jpg

Not really, because our oldies suck balls.