• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Building a talent pipeline.

Rate this topic

Long topic I know. But have to start somewhere. If I was to take an uneducated guess on next years team I would start like this:

14/15 RW:

F: Datsyuk, Z, Weiss, tatar, Nyquist, Abby, Helm, Sheahan, Jurco, Andersson, TooToo, Miller, Glendenning, and Callahan. That is 14 guys that are signed or we control for next season.

D: Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Smith, lashoff, Kindal, and a cheap vet for the 6/7 Dman. Again 7 players.

G: Howard and McCollum.

That pretty much fills the roster up and depletes GR. Of those 23 guys only 22 is a UFA IIRC.

Main prospects in GR for the 14/15 season:

F: Mantha, Jarnkrok, Nastasiuk, Frk and Pulkkinen.

D: Oullett, Sproul, marchenko, Jensen, Backman, and nedomlel.

G: Mrazek

Most if not all of those guys really need another year if not 2 in the minors.

15/16 RW:

F: 22 is out and Mantha is in. Only real change to the forward group.

D: let the 6/7 vet UFA we signed walk and replace with the most ready of the young Dmen. Prefer it be a RHed shot.

G: No changes yet.

propsects in GR:

Mantha moves up and guys like McKee, McNulty, Wheaton, Pope, and maybe a 2014 1st move in. also, thanks to the new CBA we will be losing prospects to waivers faster than before.

More years to come.......

I'd be shocked if Tootoo is in the organization next year. If they can't trade him before the buyout window, he'll be bought out. I also think that they want to keep Jurco in GR next year so they have a guy they can call up when he's needed. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kindl is traded as part of a package to get a bigger scoring line winger, possibly even sending out Nyquist or Tatar as well, assuming they can get one.

Before we all come up with our opinions of trades, signing, etc..... please stop. Those are all opinions, I am trying to stay focused on what we actually know. We know what players are signed and under control. if others are added or subtracted later-which will happen in some form, we don't know that today. I for example am hoping they finally buyout franzen. With mounting health issues, that may come to pass. But again we don't know that today.

For example. Almquist either is on the team next year or he is gone. He will never pass through waivers. I expect a move involving him. But I can't say what that move is, thus he isn't listed. I would expect Holland to be smart enough to not just let him be taken in waivers.

I'd be shocked if Tootoo is in the organization next year. If they can't trade him before the buyout window, he'll be bought out. I also think that they want to keep Jurco in GR next year so they have a guy they can call up when he's needed. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kindl is traded as part of a package to get a bigger scoring line winger, possibly even sending out Nyquist or Tatar as well, assuming they can get one.

Which would be S-T-U-P-I-D.

Before we all come up with our opinions of trades, signing, etc..... please stop. Those are all opinions, I am trying to stay focused on what we actually know. We know what players are signed and under control. if others are added or subtracted later-which will happen in some form, we don't know that today. I for example am hoping they finally buyout franzen. With mounting health issues, that may come to pass. But again we don't know that today.

For example. Almquist either is on the team next year or he is gone. He will never pass through waivers. I expect a move involving him. But I can't say what that move is, thus he isn't listed. I would expect Holland to be smart enough to not just let him be taken in waivers.

Yes sir!!

Not that I really give a s***, but what exactly is the point of this thread anyway? More specifically, what separates this thread, from this one:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/75618-id-like-to-talk-about-this-off-seasonnext-season/

You think that Kindl and Nyquist for a guy like Benn, Simmonds, van Riensdyk, etc. would be stupid?

I don't like Benn.

I admittedly don't know enough about JVR to make that call, but I think Gus is going to be a huge player for us in the future so I'd prefer to keep him on board.

Rick, that thread is all about trades and UFA signings, which is fine. Here I am talking about when we can expect young guys to be ready and what positions they fill. This will go out for several years, not just next season.

Id trade anyone except for Z Dats n Tatar for JVR. The kids a superstar. Slightly overshadowed by phil kessel. But nonetheless is the big, fast, scoring winger with sick hands who likes to park it netfront. Exactly what the team needs!

Ok the 16/17 season.

F: Datsyuk, Z, helm, Abby, Sheahan, tatar, Jurco, Callahan, Mantha, Nyquist, 2014 1st round pick, Nastasiuk, Miller, Glendenning, McKee? That makes 15.

D: Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Sproul, Smith, Lashoff, Oullett, Jensen, and marchenko. that makes 9.

G: Howard, McCollum, and Mrasek. 3 G's.

This is where things get more interesting. We have more players than roster positions. But with the new CBA rules there are a lot of guys in the make it or walk years. Pulkinnen, jarnkrok, Mrasek, Oullett, Sproul, Jensen, frk, etc.... all will have to pass through waivers to be sent to the minors. So either they are on the RW's, traded, or waiver losses. Of course this does nothing to account for guys that are UFA's and if they are resigned. The 2015 and the 2016 drafts are not accounted for yet either.

Id trade anyone except for Z Dats n Tatar for JVR. The kids a superstar. Slightly overshadowed by phil kessel. But nonetheless is the big, fast, scoring winger with sick hands who likes to park it netfront. Exactly what the team needs!

I love JVR, but don't see him going anywhere. Although, the Maple Leafs have traditionally been known for doing impossibly stupid things so maybe. Anyway, JVR is the next Jeff Carter and it's exactly that type of guy that the Wings could use. I'd move Nyquist in a second for a guy like that.

Edited by kipwinger

I love JVR, but don't see him going anywhere. Although, the Maple Leafs have traditionally been known for doing impossibly stupid things so maybe. Anyway, JVR is the next Jeff Carter and it's exactly that type of guy that the Wings could use. I'd move Nyquist in a second for a guy like that.

Couldnt agree more Kip. Hes one of my favorite players in the league forsure. His potential is absolutely unreal. Hes the kindof player who does something sick every shift. If Toronto were stupid enough to ever let him go (which im doubting) thered be a bidding war over him forsure. Almost, and i mean almost...any team that ads a player of that caliber is a cup contender. Hes a big part of why toronto is doing as well as they are this half of the season. Edited by RedWang

Trading Schen for JVR was most definitely not one of them.

Couldnt agree more Kip. Hes one of my favorite players in the league forsure. His potential is absolutely unreal. Hes the kindof player who does something sick every shift. If Toronto were stupid enough to ever let him go (which im doubting) thered be a bidding war over him forsure. Almost, and i mean almost...any team that ads a player of that caliber is a cup contender. Hes a big part of why toronto is doing as well as they are this half of the season.

And to think, Philly traded him for Schenn because they weren't willing to wait out a concussion. The Flyers have to be one of the poorest run franchises in the league. The only thing that keeps Holmgren from being named amongst all the other worst GMs in the league has been the amount of money they've spent and the two buyouts that saved them from the cap hell that Bryzgalov and Briere had them in.

Genius move by toronto....i wish we had a GM who trades for players like that :(

Well Schenn was Toronto's version of Smith, and while I would gladly move Smith for a guy like JVR imagine how apes*** everyone around here would go...well until they saw him play anyway.

Well Schenn was Toronto's version of Smith, and while I would gladly move Smith for a guy like JVR imagine how apes*** everyone around here would go...well until they saw him play anyway.

We'd be sitting here so smug like "just wait till you guys see him play"...man Kip, this talks getting me too excited about something thatll never happen :( :( :(

We'd be sitting here so smug like "just wait till you guys see him play"...man Kip, this talks getting me too excited about something thatll never happen :( :( :(

Yeah, I agree. I keep (foolishly) hoping to wake up and hop online and see the headline "Red Wings trade for..." but to no avail. Honestly, there are a ton of things wrong with this team right now, but one of the biggest is our GM's stubborn refusal to make any moves whatsoever. There's not a lot you can do with the dead weight, but given how bad we're playing you have to at least entertain the idea of moving some young pieces for things we need. If I'm Holland I put the word out that our 1st, Nyquist, Smith, and any prospects not named Mantha or Sproul are moveable (in some combination) for a top six winger with size. Just to see what kind of offers we'd get.

Yeah, I agree. I keep (foolishly) hoping to wake up and hop online and see the headline "Red Wings trade for..." but to no avail. Honestly, there are a ton of things wrong with this team right now, but one of the biggest is our GM's stubborn refusal to make any moves whatsoever. There's not a lot you can do with the dead weight, but given how bad we're playing you have to at least entertain the idea of moving some young pieces for things we need. If I'm Holland I put the word out that our 1st, Nyquist, Smith, and any prospects not named Mantha or Sproul are moveable (in some combination) for a top six winger with size. Just to see what kind of offers we'd get.

The way things have been going, im on board with this idea. Except keep Jurco as well.

The way things have been going, im on board with this idea. Except keep Jurco as well.

I mean, I REALLY like Jurco. Especially in combination with Sheahan, but I'd entertain it. But I'd need a BIG return to move Jurco AND a guy like Nyquist or Smith. I look at it this way, the Sens got Ryan for a package which was essentially Ottawa's versions of Nyquist, Frk, and a 1st. I don't think we need anyone as good as Ryan, so a combination of Nyquist and a 1st, or Smith and a 1st should get us the return we need.

I mean, I REALLY like Jurco. Especially in combination with Sheahan, but I'd entertain it. But I'd need a BIG return to move Jurco AND a guy like Nyquist or Smith. I look at it this way, the Sens got Ryan for a package which was essentially Ottawa's versions of Nyquist, Frk, and a 1st. I don't think we need anyone as good as Ryan, so a combination of Nyquist and a 1st, or Smith and a 1st should get us the return we need.

Anaheim were looking to move Ryan for quite some time. So those circumstances favoured Ottawa a bit. And, for the record, Silfverberg > Nyquist (IMO).

But I see what you're saying.

I wonder if Nyquist + 1st would get us Wheeler?