• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Huge win. Great battle from the young Wings. Great game from Tatar again; really great to see him coming into his own. Who'd have thought Helm with the shootout winner over the Blackhawks. Time to start clawing our way back into this thing...

Eaves really has a nice wrister. skates well, kills penalties, and is a right hand shot we've wanted.

please waive sammy and leave Eaves in. no reason in hell to send eaves down in the future

Plus he was so good several years ago with Z and Pav so you know he could score if given the chance.

Eaves has always reminded me of a younger Cleary but with a better shot.

Eaves really has a nice wrister. skates well, kills penalties, and is a right hand shot we've wanted.

please waive sammy and leave Eaves in. no reason in hell to send eaves down in the future

And a pretty good slap shot.

All reasons why I question why they gave the extension to miller and not him.

I get the concern about him staying healthy when the contract was signed.

Now it just seems like the wrong choice...

Franzen- hossa type thing on a fourth line scale.

I've always hoped Eaves would be able to get in a groove with his terrific wrister. We all know he had 20 in a season once in his career, and whenever he uses that shot you can see how. He isn't the greatest skater in the world, but he works hard, good PK guy, and when he shoots it like he did tonight, it makes you wonder how he doesn't score more regularly.

I don't agree with the Hawks beating us 4 out of 5. Just something about Chicago that brings the best out of this team. I miss the west for that very reason.

On another note, how good was Jurco tonight? It was by far his best game of the year as a Wing.

Didn't we lose something like 9 out of the last 10 meetings before moving East? Other than the playoff series they've kinda had our number, though I agree Wings always play with effort against them.

As for Jurco he was terrific. Really physical. Great bounce-back game after what I thought was maybe his weakest game as a Wings against the Blues. Tatar-Shehan-Jurco had some simply amazing shifts.

God showed up, and his name is JONAS!

I hope this is a joke, he was one of our worst tonight, he was very shaky, we were lucky to come out on top of that one. The rest of the team however played pretty well aside from Quincey and smith with some boneheaded decisions

Negative Nancy time.

This win doesn't mean a DAMN thing if we don't beat Montreal and Florida in these next two games.

If we can play like that against Chicago, we have no business losing to those two teams.

Florida will crush us. Because the universe and physics.

Habs game is up in the air. Unless we play like we did tonight. But I'm not expecting that.

@MarkLazerus: Hossa: "It was great hockey. Lots of intensity, lots of tight battles, small holds and the referee couldn't see it." #Blackhawks #RedWings

@MarkLazerus: Marian Hossa: "That's how it is against this team. They're smart, they hold you." #Blackhawks #RedWings

Step 1: become a Blackhawk.

Step 2: become indoctrinATED TO THE CHURCH OF SUBTLE INTERFERENCE

Negative Nancy time.

This win doesn't mean a DAMN thing if we don't beat Montreal and Florida in these next two games.

If we can play like that against Chicago, we have no business losing to those two teams.

Absolutely! But this game was FUN! I bet most of us wouldn't be feeling so bad about this season if we had more games like this. Kids playing big roles, offensive hockey, fun times. It's amazing what a difference it makes when Bert, Cleary and Sammy aren't dragging 3 out of 4 lines down. Now they dragged 1 way down into -3 territory, but in a way that's almost better because it frees the other ones up to do offense.

Montreal is struggling and we're just plain better than Florida. No excuses. One thing though: we need better goaltending.

@MarkLazerus: Hossa: "It was great hockey. Lots of intensity, lots of tight battles, small holds and the referee couldn't see it." #Blackhawks #RedWings

@MarkLazerus: Marian Hossa: "That's how it is against this team. They're smart, they hold you." #Blackhawks #RedWings

Step 1: become a Blackhawk.

Step 2: become indoctrinATED TO THE CHURCH OF SUBTLE INTERFERENCE

AND YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAME IS THE RED WINGS WHEN WE LAY OUR SUBTLE INTERFERENCE UPON YOU

One thing though: we need better goaltending.

Truly. Monster was clutch in the shootout, but man oh man did he look shaky for most of the game. I mean, I get that that's sort of the way he plays, but this was NOT the Monster we grew so very fond of earlier this season.

Edited by Dabura

I like Hossa, but that's a stupid statement coming from a veteran player. I don't want to sound like the Red Wings are flawless characters, but I can't imagine someone like Z, Pavel or Kronner ever coming out and accusing another team of something like that. Professionalism seems to always reside within the Red Wings organization, though Hossa isn't exactly surrounded by models of exemplary behavior in Toews and Kane.

I hope this is a joke, he was one of our worst tonight, he was very shaky, we were lucky to come out on top of that one. The rest of the team however played pretty well aside from Quincey and smith with some boneheaded decisions

Yes he was really shakey but he made some key stops late in the third and then stopped the last 3 shooters in the shoot out so it made up for it in my opinion

AND YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAME IS THE RED WINGS WHEN WE LAY OUR SUBTLE INTERFERENCE UPON YOU.

And z will strike down upon thee with great griffins and furious forwards those who would attempt to poison and penalize my wingers.....

Ha.

I'd go on.

But chea.

I like Hossa, but that's a stupid statement coming from a veteran player. I don't want to sound like the Red Wings are flawless characters, but I can't imagine someone like Z, Pavel or Kronner ever coming out and accusing another team of something like that. Professionalism seems to always reside within the Red Wings organization, though Hossa isn't exactly surrounded by models of exemplary behavior in Toews and Kane.

To be fair, we have a bit of a reputation for being...dickish trolls, for lack of a better way to put it. Many players on many different teams across many years have voiced similar complaints. We saw a bit of it right out in the open with Zetterberg-Toews in last season's series with these 'hawks. Even Z's little request at the beginning of tonight's shootout (he asked the stripes to check around Crawford's crease, make sure there wasn't any snow built up around it. That was 100% about messing with Crawford.)