• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I like Hossa, but that's a stupid statement coming from a veteran player. I don't want to sound like the Red Wings are flawless characters, but I can't imagine someone like Z, Pavel or Kronner ever coming out and accusing another team of something like that. Professionalism seems to always reside within the Red Wings organization, though Hossa isn't exactly surrounded by models of exemplary behavior in Toews and Kane.

In all fairness, they are great players and they didn't have a roster of hall of famers to learn from.

They were drafted high and counted on from day one.

Chicago's success of late is because of them, but you can't compare them to pav. And z, kronner or the wings because our character has always been exemplary....

But passed from generation, to generation.

Its obnoxious the amount of greats we've had here, they're learning on the fly.

And they're still young, but none of them, ever disrespect our franchise.

Hossa is kind of a different story.

He's a journeyman scorer that's already played for us, let him try to grab onto whatever excuse he has for losing to our lowly struggling, mostly ahl-er team..

To be fair, we have a bit of a reputation for being...dickish trolls, for lack of a better way to put it. Many players on many different teams across many years have voiced similar complaints. We saw a bit of it right out in the open with Zetterberg-Toews in last season's series with these 'hawks. Even Z's little request at the beginning of tonight's shootout (he asked the stripes to check around Crawford's crease, make sure there wasn't any snow built up around it. That was 100% about messing with Crawford.)

A good leader does what he has to to make things fair/give his team any advantage he could.

Lidstrom got away with calla just because hes was nic freaking Lidstrom.

Steve y got calls for high sticks when he was shouldered high.

Subtle interference used to be generally accepted things, there were also a lot less huge hits from behind then because you could grab them and ride them into the boards without getting called for holding because both players and refs both knew it was safer that way.

Changing of times dude.

Our teams trying to grow and adapt to a lot of changes in the league, while also dealing with roster shakeup and injury trouble, while attempting to stay competitive.

I'm ranting.

Ha

Chea

I hope this is a joke, he was one of our worst tonight, he was very shaky, we were lucky to come out on top of that one. The rest of the team however played pretty well aside from Quincey and smith with some boneheaded decisions

Gus was bad early but third period and on through the shootout was really great. I'm not a fan of Quincey but he had a goal and over all played a solid game.

Eaves really has a nice wrister. skates well, kills penalties, and is a right hand shot we've wanted.

please waive sammy and leave Eaves in. no reason in hell to send eaves down in the future

$$$$$$$$$

Eaves saves $925k, Samuelsson saves $100k

I missed it, what did Mary say?

Didn't we lose something like 9 out of the last 10 meetings before moving East? Other than the playoff series they've kinda had our number, though I agree Wings always play with effort against them.

As for Jurco he was terrific. Really physical. Great bounce-back game after what I thought was maybe his weakest game as a Wings against the Blues. Tatar-Shehan-Jurco had some simply amazing shifts.

Let me clarify what I meant was that even though we lost 9 out of 10 to the Hawks all the games were ultra competitive and were one goal games that could have gone either way.

Never though Jurco had that toughness in him but he really threw his weight around.

I thought that the Wings had a fantastic game against a team that they simply should not have beaten with the amount of injuries that they had.

I thought all of the Red Wings, apart from Cleary, had an outstanding game. Everyone created energy, got shots off, went to the net, came back to help... just a solid team game with great coaching by Mike Babcock.

- I could not tell Ericsson missed a single game, he was fantastic.

- I thought, other than his giveaway, Smith had a great game once again. He was making great stretch passes, making solid D plays, getting pucks to the net. IMO he and Danny Dekeyser showed tonight, once again, that they should both be used on the 2nd PP unit instead of Kindl.

- Hank, Nyquist and Abby were unreal tonight every shift. Abby's leg pass that led to Eaves' goal could go down as assist of the year.

- Monster looked shaky to start, but settled in as the game went on and came up with some big saves in the end.

Apart from all that, this was the most exciting hockey game I have watched all season. Just great back and forth action. Got some saves out of both goalies, got some nice goals, some posts. Just a shame that it had to end via a skills competition. Hopefully the Wings can build on this and take it to Montreal on Friday night... 2 points in that game would be HUGE!

I don't post on here very often though I do lurk quite a bit, but I absolutely had to sign on to pose one question. Is this real life?

Or is it just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see. I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, because I'm easy come, easy go a little high, little low. Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Edited by DickieDunn

Or is it just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see. I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, because I'm easy come, easy go a little high, little low. Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama.

Just killed a man.

Put a gun against his head.

Pulled the trigger now he's dead.

A good leader does what he has to to make things fair/give his team any advantage he could.

Lidstrom got away with calla just because hes was nic freaking Lidstrom.

Steve y got calls for high sticks when he was shouldered high.

Subtle interference used to be generally accepted things, there were also a lot less huge hits from behind then because you could grab them and ride them into the boards without getting called for holding because both players and refs both knew it was safer that way.

Changing of times dude.

Our teams trying to grow and adapt to a lot of changes in the league, while also dealing with roster shakeup and injury trouble, while attempting to stay competitive.

I'm ranting.

Ha

Chea

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking issue with the team. I'm just willing to give Hossa the benefit of the doubt on this, because he's only the 3,471st really good player to voice his displeasure with the way we do business in emotional winning efforts. Granted, he could just be a student of the Edzo Horse Racing School of Subtle Interference and Four-on-Four Hockey (Forwards Have Forwards, Defensemen Have Defensemen, Man-on-Man).

Brendan Smith thought it was May 2013 again and passed it up the middle to the wrong team.

Cleary brainwashed Smith into acting like his old self for a brief second and passing it out center in front of the goal right onto Chicago's stick that cost us the goal.

Who was Smith partner last night? God help us if it was Quincey.

Good job by this team to not give up and keep a constant push. I'd love for them to continue this and start a nice winning streak. Not to put a damper on anything but I'm still not impressed with Chicago's goaltending or defense. I know they have their Cups and their offense is insane but I don't think they're gonna repeat. Just my opinion and not just because we won last night. But man that team can score...

Edited by GoWings!

I like Hossa, but that's a stupid statement coming from a veteran player. I don't want to sound like the Red Wings are flawless characters, but I can't imagine someone like Z, Pavel or Kronner ever coming out and accusing another team of something like that. Professionalism seems to always reside within the Red Wings organization, though Hossa isn't exactly surrounded by models of exemplary behavior in Toews and Kane.

What was Hossa's statement?

esteef

Edited by esteef