• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I regret to say that I'm still having Photoshop issues, so for right now, here is the posted GDT from HFBoards. Please bear with me here - hopefully by the end of the month the issues will be resolved and I'll be able to be back posting quality looking GDT's. In the meantime, go Wings!

ChicagoBlackhawksSmiley.png at RWSmiley.png

January 22, 2013

8:00 p.m., NBCSN, TSN2

Place:

spot_jla_building_outside.jpg

Joe Louis Arena

Detroit, Michigan

Lines:

RWSmiley.png

Left Wing Center Right Wing Gustav Nyquist Henrik Zetterberg Justin Abdelkader Tomas Jurco Riley Sheahan Todd Bertuzzi Tomas Tatar Darren Helm Drew Miller Daniel Cleary Luke Glendening Patrick Eaves

Left Defense Right Niklas Kronwall Brendan Smith Kyle Quincey Daniel Dekeyser Brian Lashoff Jakub Kindl

Starting Goaltender Jonas Gustavsson

ChicagoBlackhawksSmiley.png

Left Wing Center Right Wing Patrick Sharp Jonathan Toews Marian Hossa Brandon Saad Andrew Shaw Patrick Kane Bryan Bickell Michal Handzus Sheldon Brookbank Brandon Bollig Marcus Kruger Ben Smith

Left Defense Right Duncan Keith Brent Seabrook Niklas Hjalmarsson Johnny Oduya Nick Leddy Michal Rozsival

Starting Goaltender Corey Crawford

Toronto is proof of how fast things can turn around. They were doing worse than us. Now they have 6 straight and are comfortably sitting in a playoff spot.

Now the GOOD thing here is that we have 3 games in hand on them. We really can't afford to lose more than 1 of those 3 in order to not fall too far behind.

If we win tonight we keep ahead of Ottawa and New Jersey, and move up to be tied with Columbus for the 2nd Wild Card.

The unfortunate reality however is that there is no logical reason to think we'll win tonight. Gustavsson playing his first game in a long time, still a depleted forward lineup, we suck at home, and oh yeah that Chicago team is pretty good.

We need a miracle.

Dominating! last night 7-1 Devils - Blues

I saw that....what gives? Was it b/c the Blues were on the 2nd night of a back-to-back including travel. Or do we just suck that bad?

Toronto is proof of how fast things can turn around. They were doing worse than us. Now they have 6 straight and are comfortably sitting in a playoff spot.

Now the GOOD thing here is that we have 3 games in hand on them. We really can't afford to lose more than 1 of those 3 in order to not fall too far behind.

If we win tonight we keep ahead of Ottawa and New Jersey, and move up to be tied with Columbus for the 2nd Wild Card.

The problem is, we are no longer just competing with our division. There is a pack of hungry wolves running along side us and we have to fend off all of them, not just catch Toronto.

Ugh. I forgot that those asshats from NBC are covering the game tonight. It will be painful even if we pull off the miracle. Double painful if we see an outcome like Monday night’s.

the best part of going to the game for me tonight will be that I get to avoid said asshats. that and tall boy molsons may be the only good parts of tonight.

Kindl hasn't been good by any stretch, but what is it going to take to get Kyle Quincey as a healthy scratch? Babs should keep Smith with Kronwall too regardless -- Smith has been far more consistent when paired with Kronner.

I want to believe the Wings can find a way to win tonight because they desperately need points, but this is a complete mismatch right now. The Red Wings can't score goals, the Blackhawks certainly can and they are firing shots at a goalie in his first game back from injury. I hope this doesn't turn into that game on Easter against Chicago last year.

the best part of going to the game for me tonight will be that I get to avoid said asshats. that and tall boy molsons may be the only good parts of tonight.

Molson and not listening to nbc announcers are among my favorite things.. cheers to that! Edited by amato