Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/22 GDT : Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#761 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

I’m beginning to see where Babcock’s crush on Glendenning is coming from. Amazing game for him tonight. He manhandled Kane when they went head-to-head. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#762 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

I've always hoped Eaves would be able to get in a groove with his terrific wrister. We all know he had 20 in a season once in his career, and whenever he uses that shot you can see how. He isn't the greatest skater in the world, but he works hard, good PK guy, and when he shoots it like he did tonight, it makes you wonder how he doesn't score more regularly.

#763 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

I don't agree with the Hawks beating us 4 out of 5. Just something about Chicago that brings the best out of this team. I miss the west for that very reason. 

On another note, how good was Jurco tonight? It was by far his best game of the year as a Wing.

Didn't we lose something like 9 out of the last 10 meetings before moving East? Other than the playoff series they've kinda had our number, though I agree Wings always play with effort against them. 

As for Jurco he was terrific. Really physical. Great bounce-back game after what I thought was maybe his weakest game as a Wings against the Blues. Tatar-Shehan-Jurco had some simply amazing shifts. 

#764 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Not to over-do it, but, WHAT A FREAKING HOCKEY GAME. The kind you want to detail in dramatic story form to the nearest sentient being, be it a friend or your pet cat.

I'd forgotten how much I love beating the Chicago Blackhawks. Sooooooo satisfying.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#765 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Negative Nancy time.

This win doesn't mean a DAMN thing if we don't beat Montreal and Florida in these next two games.

If we can play like that against Chicago, we have no business losing to those two teams.

#766 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

God showed up, and his name is JONAS!

I hope this is a joke, he was one of our worst tonight, he was very shaky, we were lucky to come out on top of that one. The rest of the team however played pretty well aside from Quincey and smith with some boneheaded decisions

#767 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Negative Nancy time.

This win doesn't mean a DAMN thing if we don't beat Montreal and Florida in these next two games.

If we can play like that against Chicago, we have no business losing to those two teams.

Florida will crush us. Because the universe and physics.

Habs game is up in the air. Unless we play like we did tonight. But I'm not expecting that.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#768 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

@MarkLazerus: Hossa: "It was great hockey. Lots of intensity, lots of tight battles, small holds and the referee couldn't see it." #Blackhawks #RedWings

@MarkLazerus: Marian Hossa: "That's how it is against this team. They're smart, they hold you." #Blackhawks #RedWings

Step 1: become a Blackhawk.

Step 2: become indoctrinATED TO THE CHURCH OF SUBTLE INTERFERENCE

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#769 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Negative Nancy time.

Absolutely! But this game was FUN! I bet most of us wouldn't be feeling so bad about this season if we had more games like this. Kids playing big roles, offensive hockey, fun times. It's amazing what a difference it makes when Bert, Cleary and Sammy aren't dragging 3 out of 4 lines down. Now they dragged 1 way down into -3 territory, but in a way that's almost better because it frees the other ones up to do offense. 

Montreal is struggling and we're just plain better than Florida. No excuses. One thing though: we need better goaltending. 

#770 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Detroit%2Bbaby%2Bpunching%2Bbhawks%2Bbab

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#771 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

@MarkLazerus: Hossa: "It was great hockey. Lots of intensity, lots of tight battles, small holds and the referee couldn't see it." #Blackhawks #RedWings

@MarkLazerus: Marian Hossa: "That's how it is against this team. They're smart, they hold you." #Blackhawks #RedWings

Step 1: become a Blackhawk.

Step 2: become indoctrinATED TO THE CHURCH OF SUBTLE INTERFERENCE

AND YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAME IS THE RED WINGS WHEN WE LAY OUR SUBTLE INTERFERENCE UPON YOU

One thing though: we need better goaltending. 

Truly. Monster was clutch in the shootout, but man oh man did he look shaky for most of the game. I mean, I get that that's sort of the way he plays, but this was NOT the Monster we grew so very fond of earlier this season.

Edited by Dabura, 22 January 2014 - 11:43 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#772 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

I like Hossa, but that's a stupid statement coming from a veteran player. I don't want to sound like the Red Wings are flawless characters, but I can't imagine someone like Z, Pavel or Kronner ever coming out and accusing another team of something like that. Professionalism seems to always reside within the Red Wings organization, though Hossa isn't exactly surrounded by models of exemplary behavior in Toews and Kane. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#773 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I hope this is a joke, he was one of our worst tonight, he was very shaky, we were lucky to come out on top of that one. The rest of the team however played pretty well aside from Quincey and smith with some boneheaded decisions

Yes he was really shakey but he made some key stops late in the third and then stopped the last 3 shooters in the shoot out so it made up for it in my opinion

#774 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

Monster was not scary tonight. Great in the shoutout though.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#775 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

AND YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAME IS THE RED WINGS WHEN WE LAY OUR SUBTLE INTERFERENCE UPON YOU.

And z will strike down upon thee with great griffins and furious forwards those who would attempt to poison and penalize my wingers.....
Ha.
I'd go on.
But chea.

#776 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I like Hossa, but that's a stupid statement coming from a veteran player. I don't want to sound like the Red Wings are flawless characters, but I can't imagine someone like Z, Pavel or Kronner ever coming out and accusing another team of something like that. Professionalism seems to always reside within the Red Wings organization, though Hossa isn't exactly surrounded by models of exemplary behavior in Toews and Kane. 

To be fair, we have a bit of a reputation for being...dickish trolls, for lack of a better way to put it. Many players on many different teams across many years have voiced similar complaints. We saw a bit of it right out in the open with Zetterberg-Toews in last season's series with these 'hawks. Even Z's little request at the beginning of tonight's shootout (he asked the stripes to check around Crawford's crease, make sure there wasn't any snow built up around it. That was 100% about messing with Crawford.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#777 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

red-wings1.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#778 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

In all fairness, they are great players and they didn't have a roster of hall of famers to learn from.
They were drafted high and counted on from day one.
Chicago's success of late is because of them, but you can't compare them to pav. And z, kronner or the wings because our character has always been exemplary....
But passed from generation, to generation.
Its obnoxious the amount of greats we've had here, they're learning on the fly.
And they're still young, but none of them, ever disrespect our franchise.
Hossa is kind of a different story.
He's a journeyman scorer that's already played for us, let him try to grab onto whatever excuse he has for losing to our lowly struggling, mostly ahl-er team..

#779 hathorlive

hathorlive

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

The best part of the night was walking out of the arena as they played "the night Chicago died" on the sound system.

Hee.

Loved the fourth line tonight.  I'm ready for a youth movement.

#780 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

zr4UhFs.jpg
Courtesy of Cursed Lemon via HFBoards

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!