• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

So when would you make a move and what type?

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

I just don't see any realistic trade right now that would drastically improve the Wings. Any decent asset we have needs to be kept because there are so few. The dead weight we'd like to get rid of won't get us anything in return. We couldn't even get anyone to take them for free on waivers. I hate to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg saddled with such a horrible team around them, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. I think the Wings best bet is to let all the UFA's go at the end of the season, give all the young players regular ice time and roll the dice with them for next year. Most of the UFA's that are out there from other teams are usually way overpriced and rarely worth the contracts they command and are past their prime.

Kip, you ever notice there are very few rumors about the RW's and good players......... other than Ryan-who we foolishly passed on.......

I definitely have noticed that. On the one hand we never make any of the s***ty trades we're rumored to be making, on the other hand we never make any good ones either. The closest we ever get is "the Red Wings are taking to GM whomever but nothing is imminent". At least this level of ambiguity allows me to dream of something better than lame-ass Ales Hemsky.

I just don't see any realistic trade right now that would drastically improve the Wings. Any decent asset we have needs to be kept because there are so few. The dead weight we'd like to get rid of won't get us anything in return. We couldn't even get anyone to take them for free on waivers. I hate to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg saddled with such a horrible team around them, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. I think the Wings best bet is to let all the UFA's go at the end of the season, give all the young players regular ice time and roll the dice with them for next year. Most of the UFA's that are out there from other teams are usually way overpriced and rarely worth the contracts they command and are past their prime.

I disagree. The fact that we would rather not move certain assets doesn't necessarily mean that we wouldn't be better off if we did. It's KH's reluctance to move any homegrown assets with potential that makes meaningful trades impossible. You'll obviously never make an impact trade if you immediately take all your prospects, high picks, and young talent off the table from the get go.

Look at this Del Zotto trade. Holland would never EVER have made that trade. Del Zotto was a young, homegrown talent with upside. He's very much like Smith in that regard. If you're completely unwilling to make a move because a guy has potential then you're never going to get a return worth a damn. It's their potential that makes them valuable in the first place.

I made my move last June...from Detroit to Hart... :lol:

anyway, I still maintain that the ONLY team that would have ANY interest in Franzen would be Vancouver. The contract albatross would have to be partly footed by Detroit though. If he cannot get healthy enough to play, then he needs to retire or get bought out.

Quincey, Kindl and Almqvist are defensemen that all could and possibly will be moved if the right deal came along. Other prospects that I would entertain moving would be Ferraro, Pulkkinen, Aubry, Coetzee, Parkes, Fournier and Nestrasil. The two of those guys I would be reluctant to move is Ferraro and Pulkkinen, but in order to get something you need to give up something. I could only imagine what a package of Franzen, Almqvist and our 1st round pick would garner us in return from Vancouver. I know Holland has always been interested in Edler, but he has a pretty expensive contract considering and if the Wings had to retain some of Franzen's salary it would pretty tough to make the deal this season.

Some players I would be interested in:

VAN: Burrows, Booth, Edler.

FLA: Boyes, Kulikov, Jovo.

CGY: Stepniak, Cammalleri.

EDM: Smyth, Hall, Yakupov

BUF: Moulson, Ott, Erhoff, Myers, Ryan Miller

WPG: Wheeler, Ladd, Bogo, Byfuglien, Seto

CAR: Malhotra, Lyles

NYI: Vanek, Visnovsky (speaking of NYI, :lol: they are still paying Alexi Yashin a salary...sheesh)

...those are just from some of the teams that are further out of the playoffs than us(minus VAN.) OF course there would be players I would take from other teams (Weber, B. Richards, Girardi, Stastny, Yandle) but I don't think those guys will actually get moved before summer, or I should say, I would be surprised if they are, because ANYTHING is possible...

Meh - after nearly 10 years of marriage, and 3 kids I'm officially in the lobotomized category.

In Hemsky's defense - he's on 'lame-ass' Edmonton.

Now - with all that said...He could possibly flourish in Detroit, but then again I thought the same about Weiss, and Alfredsson.

Hemsky's not a bad player. He's just a more experienced version of Nyquist...they play EXACTLY the same game.

I personally don't think we need another guy like that. Actually, I don't think we need all the ones we've already got...let alone anymore of them. I want a shooter...with size...and speed. Not a playmaking Euro who wants to pass all the time.

Kip, you ever notice there are very few rumors about the RW's and good players......... other than Ryan-who we foolishly passed on.......

They didn't pass on Ryan, the Sens had more to offer

Hemsky's not a bad player. He's just a more experienced version of Nyquist...they play EXACTLY the same game.

I personally don't think we need another guy like that. Actually, I don't think we need all the ones we've already got...let alone anymore of them. I want a shooter...with size...and speed. Not a playmaking Euro who wants to pass all the time.

Hemsky is an injury prone version of Nyquist, and in another year or two I think Nyquist will be better. I do not want Hemsky.

I'm not in favor of moving Abdelkader either. They need more size up front, trading him isn't going to fix that.

Edited by DickieDunn

I would first see if the Flyers want Cleary. I would then offer them Cleary for a 6th round pick.

I would get the Oilers on the phone and offer them Quincey for a 3rd round pick and a Swingline stapeler.

I would call Florida and ask them if they want Kindl, and when they say yes, I would trade him.

Andersson would be on the trading block. Tuzzi would be as well just for s***s and giggles.

After that is done and guys have new homes, I would keep Sheahan and Jurco on the team and we'd stay in games and compete right to the end just like against the Hawks. Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar is the future. Tuzzi and Cleary making Helm a minus player in a game is the past.

They didn't pass on Ryan, the Sens had more to offer

Hemsky is an injury prone version of Nyquist, and in another year or two I think Nyquist will be better. I do not want Hemsky.

I'm not in favor of moving Abdelkader either. They need more size up front, trading him isn't going to fix that.

I don't want to move Abby either, and I don't think that they will. But I wouldn't say he's untouchable either. He's a guy with value that another team might want. And it's not like he's so good that he's irreplaceable. It's sort of a truism to say that "for the right price I'd move him" because that's true of almost anyone, but if Abby was the deciding factor between us getting a power foward or not, I'd move him.

Really?

I wonder if the Bruins would swing a deal with the Oilers to get Ference back?

About Quincey - it seems as though teams that require less puck movement from their Dmen is where he'll perform best...Maybe Boston would be a good fit for him?

I doubt the oilers would trade him, they love him there and they need more veteran presence, I can't see them getting rid of their captain....

And quincey has his moments where he looks like the guy we gave a first rd pick for, he just seems to follow up on one positive with two or more negatives...

It has to be our system, he just isn't effective here...

It just sucks he's driven down his value with consistently inconsistent play.

At this point I'd be happy to get a 3rd round pick out of him, and unfortunately I think that might be reaching.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Rumors everywhere saying the oilers are gonna have to trade one of there big guys ..... I'd definitely take a shot at eberle he was amazing with junior canada championship matches and I can totally see him being an awesome playoff performer

Probably won't have what it would take for him but I'd take a shot

Kindl/nyquist/Patterson/Ferraro .... Patterson is a young promising goalie but only 19 and they'd probably want mrazek so I wouldn't do the trade

If they trade Eberle I bet Mactavish would want a top pairing defense man back and the Wings can't afford it.

Yeah I agree unfortunately it would prob have to have dekeyser in a package deal so I wouldn't do it .... Only way I can see it happening is if it was howard in a package blockbuster type deal for eberle

I would personally do it and put in mrazek and a veteran backup but I know most people here wouldn't , i think our top 6 would be greatly improved with eberle

Would penguins move letang? If anything they need more defensemen. Maybe Ericsson a shutdown guy

Ericsson + Helm for Letang. Penguins need help defensively

I think they'd move him. They're apparently thick with defense prospects and Letang isn't playing that well. Plus he makes a fortune. I could definitely see them trying to get out from under that cap hit, it's WAY too much for Letang (7.2 million).

Which brings me to my second point. No way do the Wings trade for a guy who makes more than Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I just don't see it.

I think they'd move him. They're apparently thick with defense prospects and Letang isn't playing that well. Plus he makes a fortune. I could definitely see them trying to get out from under that cap hit, it's WAY too much for Letang (7.2 million).

Which brings me to my second point. No way do the Wings trade for a guy who makes more than Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I just don't see it.

Just kicking the tires I suppose. Maybe pens will retain some salary they certainly don't have any leverage trying to move that huge contract. Although it makes no sense to deal him before the offseason Edited by joesuffP