• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

So when would you make a move and what type?

Rate this topic

I would trade for fleischmann, get rid of Bert, Sammy, Cleary, and Quincy.. I would have my lines be

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alf

Fleisch, Weiss, Franzen

Tatar, helm, nyquist

Jurco, Sheahan, eaves/tootoo

Kronwall, Eric

Dekeyser, smith

Lash, marchenko/sproul/alm

Howard

Gust

Guest Playmaker

Sounds good to me if Samuelsson would agree to it. You wouldn't think he'd be opposed to it, but he's not always easy to figure out.

I would trade for fleischmann, get rid of Bert, Sammy, Cleary, and Quincy.. I would have my lines be

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alf

Fleisch, Weiss, Franzen

Tatar, helm, nyquist

Jurco, Sheahan, eaves/tootoo

Kronwall, Eric

Dekeyser, smith

Lash, marchenko/sproul/alm

Howard

Gust

I like your gusto, but you just gutted your penalty killing. Miller and Andersson are key components in one of the league's better PKs.

Sounds good to me if Samuelsson would agree to it. You wouldn't think he'd be opposed to it, but he's not always easy to figure out.

Agreed. I mean, it's entirely hypothetical. I was just trying to explain why I don't see Sammy as "unmovable" the way many do.

Also, because it's possible doesn't mean it's probable.

Also Also, I still don't want Fleischmann. I just think that's the kind of move Holland would do.

Guest Playmaker

I like your gusto, but you just gutted your penalty killing. Miller and Andersson are key components in one of the league's better PKs.

Agreed. I mean, it's entirely hypothetical. I was just trying to explain why I don't see Sammy as "unmovable" the way many do.

Also, because it's possible doesn't mean it's probable.

Also Also, I still don't want Fleischmann. I just think that's the kind of move Holland would do.

True, but again, I appreciate common sense and logic behind trade proposals or ways to improve the Wings. I just don't know enough about how NTC are applied or how etched in stone they are or how open players are to waiving them. But since Sammy played in FLA, and I think liked it there, it could be a way to get him to agree to a trade. It would make sense for the Panthers to get rid of a guy who is struggling and be able to pick up some prospects or picks. Sammy can't improve his situation or get a contract for next year (if that's what he wants) by sitting in the press box.

It absolutely seems like something Holland would do. Its too bad he's not a RH shot. I think that would make him much more appealing.

Wouldn't mind giving up a draft pick to pick up a grinder. Not neccisalry an enforcer with 0 hockey skill like most want on this team. Someone like Jim Slater for example

I'd rather be able to keep both Callahan and Sheahan next year.

I think at this stage and with his health issues Franzen might be a buyout option. I am not sure what he might fetch at the deadline as it all depends on his health. I would put Quincey, Eaves, Smith, and Kindl on the market and see what can be had for them. I think there is only about 6 Wings that I would say are off limits. Everyone else should/could be moved to make this team better going into next year.

I'd use a pick to grab a guy like Ehrhoff or Tallinder from a team right out of it like Buffalo for insurance. I'd also want something on the right side you could rent like maybe Setoguchi (3M prorated) or Frolik (2.3 cap hit prorated) from Winnipeg.

I would like to :

Add stay-at-home, tough DEF like : McQuaid or Goudas (but would be happy with Mark Stuart also).

Add some toughness : Gazdic (can skate, hit and fight)

Alf - Dats - Tatar

Nyquist - Z - Franzen

Jurco - She - Weiss

Abdelkader - Helm - Gazdic

Kronwall - DeKe

E - Smith

Mcquaid/Goudas/Stuart - Ouellet/Sproul

That'd be crazy if we got rid of Bert, but he might be the only one of our three old guys that has any value to another team.

I couldn't see us getting back too much for him though, and we couldn't take on another body so a prospect and a pick for Bert?

Caps are rumored to want to move Mike Green. Could be a RH shot for us at the point.

Bertuzzi + Kindl for Green?

Green is owed over 6 mil next season then is a UFA

If we can get him down to Kronwall level salary when he re-signs I think he would be a great pairing for DD to play with. Leaves Smith and Lashoff for bottom pair for now. Green was given that contract when he put up huge numbers but isn't earning it anymore.

With the way the young guys are playing, I'd be calling around telling teams they can have our 3rd rounder if they would just take Sammy off our hands. He is no longer an option for Babs, and his salary is hand cuffing us from icing the best roster when healthy. Sammy only has a list of teams he won't go too, if there's a team with cap room that'd like an extra draft pick, give Holland a call!

id toy with the idea of Byfuglien, put him back on forward and let him be net presence like he was back in the day with Chicago. All depends on the specifics. I think we need to add some size and perhaps grit.

I doubt anything will happen though till the off season.

Just some of the rumors I have read at one point or another this past week.

ED looking for D.

Col looking for D

Boston looking for D, let one rumor had them willing to move McQuaid.

Wash looking for D, maybe looking to move Green-money dump

Pho looking for O

STL looking for a G-Miller?

Ott looking for scoring-Moulson?

Feb 28 and Col moving O'Reilly? Doubt it, but if.........I know water under the bridge......

The Wings have an excess of forwards right now and the top priorities IMO are a top 3 defenseman, and/or a franchise-type young scoring winger. I think the first is more likely given we have 30 forwards signed to the team right now (and teams typically don't trade franchise goal scorers), so I imagine any scouting or trade possibilities will revolve around a defensman coming this way, and forward(s) being traded from our side. Probably not Cleary, Bertuzzi, or Sammuelson because the rest of the league in all likelihood sees them the same way we do. I don't see Holland moving Datsyuk, Zettetberg, Franzen, Alfredson, Helm, or Weiss, because it wouldn't fit his style. Abdelkader, Nyqvist, Tatar, Jurco, Glendening, Anderson, Miller, Sheahan, Eaves I think are all fair game as far as forwards go. The only way to really make it work though is for some team to eat some cap space for us too, and somehow take some salary back their way.

At the same time, scouts checking out other players hardly means a trade is imminent. Holland has no problem sitting on his hands if he doesn't see something he likes, as we all know.

Edited by Echolalia