• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

So when would you make a move and what type?

Rate this topic

if that is all it took, I would be super happy! But since Philly was willing to give up 4 first round picks for him when the signed the RFA contract, it just may take more...

Kindl, Almqvist, Andersson, Nyquist our 1st in 2014. If that was the price, I would still do it.

...although I am liking Nyquist, but it would take a HIGH prospect for sure and if I am keeping two of Jurco, Tatar or Nyquist...sorry Nyq.

:lol: although this type of deal may pee off the remaining Swede's. Waive Sammy, trade Almqvist, Nyquist AND Andersson? wow, Henrik wouldn't be too happy with Kenny...

if that is all it took, I would be super happy! But since Philly was willing to give up 4 first round picks for him when the signed the RFA contract, it just may take more...

Kindl, Almqvist, Andersson, Nyquist our 1st in 2014. If that was the price, I would still do it.

...although I am liking Nyquist, but it would take a HIGH prospect for sure and if I am keeping two of Jurco, Tatar or Nyquist...sorry Nyq.

:lol: although this type of deal may pee off the remaining Swede's. Waive Sammy, trade Almqvist, Nyquist AND Andersson? wow, Henrik wouldn't be too happy with Kenny...

I don't think that would be enough. 4/5 D, 2nd line winger, border line NHL prospect who is small, a 4th line center, and a 1st.

While I like Weber, I don't think we need to go that big. yes we need a RHed Dman that is good on both ends of the ice. There are others that would fit the bill and provide what we need for far less of a cost. In my perfect world John carlsson of wash would be picked up to pair with Dekeyser. they would form our top pair for the next 10 years, allowing Kronwall and Ericsson to be the second pair, which they are better suited for. Now carlsson isn't going to be much cheaper than Weber. So is there anyone else that could be had during this season that can help and fit the same/similar mold? yes. Petry with the Oilers would be my target. he is 6-3/195 26 years old, from Michigan, RHed and has produced in the past. Kindl + a forward prospect might get it done. yes it is a little riskier and his ceiling isn't as high as Weber and carlsson. But him paired with Dekeyser could be very very good.

I don't think a budget team like Nashville is going to cough up 28 million for 2 years of the new contract and then deal Weber. It just doesn't make sense.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking too. The amount of money they've invested in him keeps him there for a while, and the amount of money we'd have to pay him (including his bonuses) means we don't go get him. There is no way we trade for a guy that makes more than Dats or Z. Just not happening.

While I like Weber, I don't think we need to go that big. yes we need a RHed Dman that is good on both ends of the ice. There are others that would fit the bill and provide what we need for far less of a cost. In my perfect world John carlsson of wash would be picked up to pair with Dekeyser. they would form our top pair for the next 10 years, allowing Kronwall and Ericsson to be the second pair, which they are better suited for. Now carlsson isn't going to be much cheaper than Weber. So is there anyone else that could be had during this season that can help and fit the same/similar mold? yes. Petry with the Oilers would be my target. he is 6-3/195 26 years old, from Michigan, RHed and has produced in the past. Kindl + a forward prospect might get it done. yes it is a little riskier and his ceiling isn't as high as Weber and carlsson. But him paired with Dekeyser could be very very good.

If we go after any Dman from the Oilers, it should be Ference to play on the 3rd pairing with Lashoff as a shot blocking tandem. Like I mentioned in the line thread, trading Kindl to the Jets for Stuart, Ference would be along the same lines as Stuart as a pure shutdown guy, but Stuart is tougher and blocks even more shots. I would go for one of them as a rental on D and then try to re-sign if we don't bring up one of Ouellet, Marchenko or Sproul next year.

I feel like we don't have a lot of leverage to get any type of super star, top pairing D. We don't have enough for Weber, maybe we stretch to get Carlson, and I want Bogosian, but he just re-signed.

I wish we could give a team a draft pick and retain some salary if they would take part of Sammy's contract off our books so we could actually make a move.

I don't see us trading for any forwards with number of contracts we already have and how the Griffins have acquitted themselves in the NHL. At the same time, guys like Tatar and Nyquist haven't really played that much, so while we might love their potential and appreciate what they have and can do, we definitely inflate their value as Wings fans - remember they aren't big guys. I bet other teams would value Mantha higher than both of them.

Sooooo... Do you trade Mantha, Kindl, Andersson, etc... stop... We keep Mantha

I would trade Kindl, Andersson (Sheahan and Glendening are both better), Eaves, and Quincey, but they aren't really assets. What are they really worth unless another team is really trying to drop salary in a major way. And If it was between Jurco, Nyquist, and Tatar I would also trade Nyquist, but I don't see us doing that either.

any of miller, eaves, andersson, kindl, cleary, bertuzzi, kindl, for a hitter, matt martin, cal clutterbuck, riinaldo, steve ott, chris neil, al would make this team much for fun to watch