• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Do teams have to be honest about location of injury?  For example, Datsyuk has a super top secret 'lower body injury'.  But is it really lower body or is it his concussion again?

I'm curious what the league reporting rules are on injuries, I thought it was something like if it happens in your lower body that is all you have to say. 

#2 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

I don't think they have to be honest.  There is a lot of misdirection when it comes to injuries.  You don't want your opponent to know your weakness.  People will do anything to win.

For instance, I believe NBC said Gustavsson just returned from a neck injury, while I heard it was his groin again.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#3 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

They don't have to be honest. There is no rule in hockey management
Posted Image

#4 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

I wasn't sure what the rule was, perhaps during the playoffs they have to report it accurately then?

That being said, the Datsyuk injury is a real concern, I think he has Post Concussion Symptoms.