Ok let's have some fun. Since we all like to pretend we are a GM, let's take it all the way. It is June 2014. Bettman has just awarded you the 31st NHL team. On July 1st 2014 there is going to be an expansion draft. You and your owner have paid a large fee and gotten some favorable rules for the draft. So draft your team.
Here are the rules:
1. You will draft 19 players. 12 forwards, 6 Dmen, and 1 G.
2. Your draft cap is 60 million.
3. Only 1 player from each team can be drafted.
4. Players that have played fewer than 100 NHL games are not draftable.
5. Players that are 25 and younger are draftable if they make less than 2.5 million. Players between 26 and 33 are draftable if they make less than 4 million. Players 34 and up are all draftable. The money is cap hit per year, not true pay per year, using capgeek.
Other than that, take your time, build your team, and post here. use every players 82 game career averages and try to give a goals total, hits total, PIM's total for your goon squads, etc....... Post your roster from capgeek. I will post mine later. Use the June 1st birth dates.
BTW Blue this is for you!
Edited by Richdg, 22 January 2014 - 07:44 PM.