• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Get your GM on!

Rate this topic

Ok let's have some fun. Since we all like to pretend we are a GM, let's take it all the way. It is June 2014. Bettman has just awarded you the 31st NHL team. On July 1st 2014 there is going to be an expansion draft. You and your owner have paid a large fee and gotten some favorable rules for the draft. So draft your team.

Here are the rules:

1. You will draft 19 players. 12 forwards, 6 Dmen, and 1 G.

2. Your draft cap is 60 million.

3. Only 1 player from each team can be drafted.

4. Players that have played fewer than 100 NHL games are not draftable.

5. Players that are 25 and younger are draftable if they make less than 2.5 million. Players between 26 and 33 are draftable if they make less than 4 million. Players 34 and up are all draftable. The money is cap hit per year, not true pay per year, using capgeek.

Other than that, take your time, build your team, and post here. use every players 82 game career averages and try to give a goals total, hits total, PIM's total for your goon squads, etc....... Post your roster from capgeek. I will post mine later. Use the June 1st birth dates.

BTW Blue this is for you!

Edited by Richdg

You alright dude? You've created three separate threads with large walls of text all discussing fantasy stuff in a matter of just a day.

I'd say someones struggling to cope with the current reality. ;)

Edited by Son of a Wing

Gotta say, this was a really fun lineup to build based on all the stipulations. It was hard to find good quality and still meet the requirements. Particularly the age based requirements. Kudos to the OP for creating this one.

A. Steen (25)-Datsyuk (15)-Hossa (21)

Kunitz (24)- J. Thornton (6) - Okposo (20)

Boedker (14) -Ryan Johansen (19)- W. Simmonds (17)

M. Raymond (13) - C. Eakin (11) - A. Cogliano (12)

J. Faulk (3)- Beauchemin (1)

E. Johnson (7)- L. Smid (1)

T. Krug (11) - A. Emelin (0)

B. Bishop

Total Cap Payroll: $59,014,444

Strengths: The forward lines score...a ton. Good combination of size (Thornton, Okposo, Simmonds, Johansen), Snipers (Steen, Hossa, Kunitz), playmaking (Dats, Thornton), and speed (Raymond, Cogliano, Boedker). Penalty killing would be very good to excellent. Goaltending and defensive defense would also be excellent. Defense has better than average size, but excellent toughness. Beauchemin, Smid, and Emelin would wear forwards down really quickly.

Weaknesses: The offensive defensemen aren't great. I didn't really want to use Krug, but I needed anther quality PP point man. Also, one could argue that the offense "could" run a little hot and cold compared to other lineups that could be made.

I am excited to start this. Once work slows down and I have some free time I am going to get started on this little project. Stay tuned.

It's tough dude. You've really got to work to find the quality bargains because there aren't too many good players over 35 and there aren't too many quality younger players in the price ranges stipulated. Plus, only being able to choose one player per team can really throw a monkey wrench in your plans. Have fun though.

So if i wanted stamkos he would have to have his cap hit at 2.5 mill since he is 23? damn this is going to be a bit more difficult than I thought.

Exactly, based on the rules it's impossible to have Stamkos, Crosby, Zetterberg, Ovechkin, etc. etc. etc. You really have to find bargains and/or guys who are still good even though they're old. It's way harder that you think.

Ok here is my expansion team. BTW I have a love/hate relationship with capgeek. lots of good info, never can get it to post over here.......

King 18 G / Johansen 32 G / Okposo 32 G

Niederreiter 14 G / Hanzel 24 G / Kassian 17 G

Kulemin 11 G / Eller 16 G / Brouwer 15 G

Greening 7 G / Wingels 17 G / Setoguchi 13 G

Kulikov 7 G / Erik Johnson 12 G

Smid 2 G / Petry 5 G

Siedenburg 2 G / Fayne 4 G

Bishop G

total cap: 43.3 million

total goals: 248

total hits: 2966-500 hits more than any team over the last 10 full seasons!

Other than Siedenburg everyone is 28 or younger, all RW are RHed, 3 of the D are RHed, and 2 of the C's are RHed.

BTW I spent about 4 hours playing with this. Next time I will make it easier.

Ok here is my expansion team. BTW I have a love/hate relationship with capgeek. lots of good info, never can get it to post over here.......

King 18 G / Johansen 32 G / Okposo 32 G

Niederreiter 14 G / Hanzel 24 G / Kassian 17 G

Kulemin 11 G / Eller 16 G / Brouwer 15 G

Greening 7 G / Wingels 17 G / Setoguchi 13 G

Kulikov 7 G / Erik Johnson 12 G

Smid 2 G / Petry 5 G

Siedenburg 2 G / Fayne 4 G

Bishop G

total cap: 43.3 million

total goals: 248

total hits: 2966-500 hits more than any team over the last 10 full seasons!

Other than Siedenburg everyone is 28 or younger, all RW are RHed, 3 of the D are RHed, and 2 of the C's are RHed.

BTW I spent about 4 hours playing with this. Next time I will make it easier.

What are the numbers beside their names? Those aren't their current goals, is that a projection for the season?

Yes Kip, those are the projected season totals. BTW 248 goals as a team would be top 10 every year as well.

Gotcha, mine were their current goal totals. I'll give you this, your team can hit. I didn't tally my hits yet, but I specifically put Okposo, Simmonds, and three hard hitting defenders on their to make sure they'd be tough to play against.