• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Turning point!?!?!

Rate this topic

So we get a big 2! We prove we can score, we proved we can beat any team if we play like we can! Now pav and alfy should be back, friday. All teams we we can beat! Soo we hopefully get healthier, we have a huge confidence boost and we have a decent schedule? This is the turning point! Thoughts!?!!! Im sooo happy right now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see them putting a few games together where they play really hard. No more games like that St. Louis no show.

The talent is not in the lineup, but that's no excuse not to play hard every game. Today, they played really hard. Last game, they didn't. To me, that's more important than who is or isn't in the lineup. I've seen them take too many games off the last few years even when healthy.

So we get a big 2! We prove we can score, we proved we can beat any team if we play like we can! Now pav and alfy should be back, friday. All teams we we can beat! Soo we hopefully get healthier, we have a huge confidence boost and we have a decent schedule? This is the turning point! Thoughts!?!!! Im sooo happy right now haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO NO NO NO!!!!

.....Not until they follow this up with a win against a beatable Montreal team.

.....not until they beat the Florida Panthers at home.

A win like this isn't much of a surprise with this team. They can beat GOOD teams. It is the BAD teams that we have trouble with...

Guest mjtm77

Like I have been saying. When were heathy we have one of the best lineups. This depends if Howard plays like Howard. Or if he plays like crap

NO NO NO NO!!!!

.....Not until they follow this up with a win against a beatable Montreal team.

.....not until they beat the Florida Panthers at home.

A win like this isn't much of a surprise with this team. They can beat GOOD teams. It is the BAD teams that we have trouble with...

Montreal is not a bad team. That will be a tough game.

Florida is a team we've had trouble with for whatever reason, although we did beat them last time.

I'm incredibly happy about the win.

But not enough to call it a turning point.

We still have too many bad contracts on the book to ice our best possible roster when everyone's ready.

But I'm not gonna over invest in a team that looks luke world beaters one night, then two nights later gets pushed around like children.

They looked like they understood the urgency of the situation, like the young guys finally figured out why the wings don't panic.

The sheahan line was amazing.

Jurcos throwing that big body around, charging the net, tatars in double figure goals, and sheahan looks

like he's been here for years, in a tougher era.

The fourth line was amazing.

Miller looked bad with two guys who were in gr when we were healthy.

and our first line had its moments.

Lot of great things, lots of dumb things.

They're getting used to eachother..

Hopefully babs sticks with these lines until he gets bodies back and then only disturbs what he has to with what's coming in.

Montreal is not a bad team. That will be a tough game.

Florida is a team we've had trouble with for whatever reason, although we did beat them last time.

My point is, if we can play like that against Chicago, we have no business losing to Montreal or Florida.

This team needs to stop playing to the level of it's competition and start to take care of business.

It might be a turning point in that if Babs/Holland don't realize that Bert and Cleary are done NOW.... they never will. I wouldn't hold them personally responsible for all goals, but it was fairly obvious tonight which line was causing bad things to happen.

And with Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco dominating supposedly the best team in the league...how do you send any of them down?

The kids have a lot of talent, but kids by nature tend to be inconsistent. Part of that is a lack of experience of what it takes, part of it is that they tend to become frustrated easier, and part is a general lack of maturity. That's why we're seeing up and down efforts right now. They'll all get their chance.

Then you have Bertuzzi and Cleary. Bertuzzi looks like he's playing out the string, Cleary has the heart but not the body. Give Bertuzzi Cleary's effort and you have a pretty good player, but the way they are now they're just two broken pieces.

Cleary should be send down, or just plain decide to retire, but I doubt either of those happens. Bertuzzi and Samuelsson should also be sent down, but because of the 35+ rule I don't think it's possible because they wouldn't clear out the cap space to replace them.

It might be a turning point in that if Babs/Holland don't realize that Bert and Cleary are done NOW.... they never will. I wouldn't hold them personally responsible for all goals, but it was fairly obvious tonight which line was causing bad things to happen.

And with Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco dominating supposedly the best team in the league...how do you send any of them down?

This is what I'm worried about. Both Jurco and Sheahan have played far better than I expected they would, and they've been difference makers in just about every game they've played. Furthermore, that line with them and Tatar has been consistently putting pucks into the net. In the playoffs last year our first two lines did what they had to do, but it was the depth at our third line which put us over the top and got us past the Ducks and to game 7 against Chicago. We need to get back to that.

i heard alfie is back friday? hopefully helm dosent get injured again. *knocks on wood* he helps a s*** ton, anybody else think that gus makes average saves look good? i think his positioning is terrible. i cant be the only one

Only if we ride the Monster till he slumps and not try to 'get Howie going' experiment? We don't have much more time to do that, we've got to fight for a playoff spot. Get into the playoffs and if Gus falters, then go with Howie cuz by then, Howie will be awoken from his slumber.

The kids have a lot of talent, but kids by nature tend to be inconsistent. Part of that is a lack of experience of what it takes, part of it is that they tend to become frustrated easier, and part is a general lack of maturity. That's why we're seeing up and down efforts right now. They'll all get their chance.

Then you have Bertuzzi and Cleary. Bertuzzi looks like he's playing out the string, Cleary has the heart but not the body. Give Bertuzzi Cleary's effort and you have a pretty good player, but the way they are now they're just two broken pieces.

Cleary should be send down, or just plain decide to retire, but I doubt either of those happens. Bertuzzi and Samuelsson should also be sent down, but because of the 35+ rule I don't think it's possible because they wouldn't clear out the cap space to replace them.

I always seem to agree with your posts more than disagree, but for the sake of that point I'll say what I don't agree with.

Yes.

Kids generally seem to be more inconsistent, but this is a new era of "kids" jurcos game is consistently good.

He may have had a bad game against the blues.

But when he's not creating as many chances as he's used to he jumps into a different role. See tonight.

Tatar was the scorer, sheahan was making plays, and he started laying the body when he realized he didn't have his game on point like he should.

Which is why that line needs to be kept together at all cost

It could be a great future second line, or adapt into a solid first.

They all understand they're not all going g to be flawless at doing one thing every night so they stick together.

Which is beauty, perfection even, in the parity era that the salary cap has brought about.

Yes were seeing ups and downs.

But they've been together how many games?

From what I've seen of your posts, I think you get that point.

But that being said.

With a full healthy lineup, we can't keep them all.

So I'll agree with you.

For completely different reasons.

I just see the future in the fact that all three of those players have been able to step into literally whatever role they're needed to play given the circumstances, and adapt within the game, to fit the game plan.

And with the exception of Tatar, their d game is almost perfect.

He's learning.

But imo they haven't put jurco on the pk just because they want him to be on the offensive at All times, until he needs to back check. Dont crucify me for the comparison but its like they did with pav when be was first called up.

And again.

I agree with you on a lot of stuff man.

If clearly and Bert could megazord together, and become a super person, it'd be awesome. I feel bad for clearly.

But he's hurting this team...

Maybe he needs to start getting injections in his knees before playoffs.

And Bert.

Talented.

Slow.

And call me superstitious, but karma doesn't allow you to end someones career then go on to fruition.

I'm rambling.

But we need our core.

Plus the youth that's shown themselves more helpful then the veteran depth.

Wings need 21 wins out of 32 games to make the playoffs. It's widely accepted that you need around 95 points, 21 wins is 42 points. Wings are currently at 54 points.

So 21 games out of 32, that's a 65% win record. Unless Wings start pulling off consecutive stretches of wins, we're not going to make it.

Wings need 21 wins out of 32 games to make the playoffs. It's widely accepted that you need around 95 points, 21 wins is 42 points. Wings are currently at 54 points.

So 21 games out of 32, that's a 65% win record. Unless Wings start pulling off consecutive stretches of wins, we're not going to make it.

The east is terrible this year. I'm thinking it will be one of those 88 point 8th seed years. So that's a solid 17-15 record. Or if you'd like 13-11-8. Nice .530 hockey.

Like I have been saying. When were heathy we have one of the best lineups. This depends if Howard plays like Howard. Or if he plays like crap

Or maybe instead of riding Howard we have a more even split with Gus who isn't necessarily out playing Howard as much as he is coming out with the wins.... same team, completely different records

I believe it is Andersson not Alfie who has yet to start skating.

Last update I saw was back on Monday. Alfie was just getting better enough to start working out again but hadn't resumed skating. Estimated at the time that he might be able to in a few days & would need a couple of practices before getting back in the lineup.

soooo back to GR riley?

Exactly what I was thinking. This team always has a glaring weakness in guys like Cleary and Tuzzi. if we sent them down and kept the likes of Jurco and Sheahan up, this team could compete with anyone in the league. Imagine this lineup with Dats and Alfie back with Tuzzi and Cleary not on board:

Nyquis-Dats-Z

Alfie-Helm-Franzen

Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Eaves-Glendening-Miller

Now that's a turning point for the DRW. When they ice the BEST lineup that they can.