• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Turning point!?!?!

Rate this topic

No. One game, no matter how good a team looks doesn't matter. unless it is game 7 of course. A true turning point is going on a run. Win 7 of 8, 8 of 11 etc..... That is a turning point. Fact is we play Chicago tough and always have. In many ways we are mirror images of each other. Good skating skilled teams that are not physical. Let's not over look the "over looking" factor. Most teams are not scared by us anymore. That can be a good/bad thing.

Wrong. A turning point IS one game. It is just the games following the Chicago win that determines if said game was a turning point or not. If the team does continue to win now, then we can look back and say that game VS Chicago was the turning point. Not an entire winning streak. Going on a good run would be part of the whole turn around, however.

Wrong. A turning point IS one game. It is just the games following the Chicago win that determines if said game was a turning point or not. If the team does continue to win now, then we can look back and say that game VS Chicago was the turning point. Not an entire winning streak. Going on a good run would be part of the whole turn around, however.

Yes this is correct. A streak isn't a turning point.The streak defines the turning point. I haven't really read any of this thread but to be honest that fluke goal against LA would be my turning point so far this season. If they can keep this consistent play up and slowly creep up the standings, it has to be the turning point. Did I say turning point enough?

Ok, we started the year with:

DATS, Z, ABBY

WEISS, ALFIE, MULE

BERT, ANDY, TATS

MILLER, TOOTS, SAMMY. (Tats, Sammy and Toots as the sitter)

We have just won our second in a row with:

GUS Z ABBY

JURCO, SHEHAN, TATS

CLEARY, HELM, ALFIE

MILLER, GLENNY, EAVES

Its not even the same team!!! We haven't even discussed D or our goaltending issues. Guys on this team who never thought they would be playing in the NHL this year....Remember back in October how frustrated we all were that Gus wasn't called up and now the guy is on the TOP LINE.

We can win 65% of the remaining games. If we are mostly healthy, this squad should win more.

Aha, so barring an injury to a player who makes a decent amount of money the Wings would be able to add nobody because we're up against the cap?

Make the playoffs and then ice the best lineup possible. I personally believe that with a 2nd line of Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar, we can win a Cup as long as the bottom 6 has no Cleary, Tuzzi, Sammy….any of those guys. Come playoffs, I don't care if Weiss is our 4th line C, put him there if other guys are playing their way up.

Make the playoffs and then ice the best lineup possible. I personally believe that with a 2nd line of Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar, we can win a Cup as long as the bottom 6 has no Cleary, Tuzzi, Sammy.any of those guys. Come playoffs, I don't care if Weiss is our 4th line C, put him there if other guys are playing their way up.

I think we will see a different Weiss when he comes back.

I agree 100%, once he's healthy and doesn't have lingering issues. I just used him as an example cause of his offensive woes.

I agree, and would ease him in as our 4th line center until he feels comfortable. Especially since, God willing, you can go Dats-Z-Helm down the middle until Weiss gets his legs/timing down.

When i meant turning

Point i meant that chicago game, we played hard, and we came

Out with a win. Now we are getting healthier, (franzen is in for

Cleary) sammy is waived, we won agaisnt chi, and habs, now we have florida and hopefully can pull out a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i meant turning Point i meant that chicago game, we played hard, and we came Out with a win. Now we are getting healthier, (franzen is in for Cleary) sammy is waived, we won agaisnt chi, and habs, now we have florida and hopefully can pull out a win Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleary is scratched today? I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket!!!!!

Cleary is scratched today? I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket!!!!!

I don't think that's confirmed yet, that's just how it looked like from practice yesterday. Still with Franzen returning someone has to sit, and the fact they waived Sammy instead of sending down Jurco/Sheahan point towards scratching Cleary.