• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

1/24 GDT: Canadiens 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Cannot believe they scratched Bert, but seriously, how could you break up Z and Gus, Miller - Glendening - Eaves, or Sheahan - Jurco - Tatar?

All 3 lines were superb vs the Hawks.

I would probably but Alfie with Z and Gus, and drop Abby with Helm and Cleary, but that's me. I guess Babs likes having the physical presence (abby) on the top line in case some goon takes a run at Z

GO WINGS!

I don't know where you are getting that the lines are being split up. Allfie is in, Bert out. All other lines have been reported the same by Khan.

Goose-Z-Abby

Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Clearly-Helm-Alfie

Miller-Glendening-Eaves

I don't know where you are getting that the lines are being split up. Allfie is in, Bert out. All other lines have been reported the same by Khan.

Goose-Z-Abby

Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Clearly-Helm-Alfie

Miller-Glendening-Eaves

I think he means "how could you break up the other lines" as opposed to scratching Bert.

Honestly so proud of Babs for letting the kids play/build chemistry on that powerhouse second line. That really could be what gets us into the playoffs if the kids keep improving every game.

He finally sat a vet, and for this he gets kudos.

As for the GDT, Flashy youve truly outdone yourself. So damn funny. Keep it up.

I honestly see us riding our high and winning this game 4-2. (Tatar,abby,alfiePP,eaves) (pacioretty/subban for them)

Wings win 11-1. Price is kept in net the whole game, demands trade to Colorado. Everything old is new again.

Actually, that wouldn't work. Has to be some upstart Eastern team that we can see wiping the floor with our collective bloody corpse in a best-of-seven, forcing us to be the best we can possibly be and, ultimately, propelling us to four championships in eleven years. Ottawa?

I think he means "how could you break up the other lines" as opposed to scratching Bert.

Yea that's precisely what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. All three of those lines played so well in the last game, so how could you possibly consider changing them? Hence why Bert seems to be the spare part here now that Alfie is back.

Remember Z-Dats-Holmstrom?

Babcock likes a physical guy on the top line that will retrieve the puck down low, forecheck, and go hard to the net. Has nothing to do with protecting Zetterberg.

And yea I had forgotten about that. Good call. Man it feels like ages ago since Homer was on that top line….

Yea that's precisely what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. All three of those lines played so well in the last game, so how could you possibly consider changing them? Hence why Bert seems to be the spare part here now that Alfie is back.

That makes much more sense. I actually really like the lineups tonight minus of course cleary. Top 3 lines all have a good scoring threat in Z Tats and Alfie.

4-2

Wings (Goose, Eaves, Alfie, Tats)

I really hope Price and Subban don't feel like they need to make a great impression on Mike Babcock tonight. Unless that perceived pressure throws them off and they have terrible games. Then I'd be fine with it.

On a mostly unrelated note, I noted that Hossa's post-game comments about our cheap, underhanded tactics are actually well within the norm for folks who've just lost an emotional game to us. See also: Michel Therrien.

I really hope Price and Subban don't feel like they need to make a great impression on Mike Babcock tonight. Unless that perceived pressure throws them off and they have terrible games. Then I'd be fine with it.

On a mostly unrelated note, I noted that Hossa's post-game comments about our cheap, underhanded tactics are actually well within the norm for folks who've just lost an emotional game to us. See also: Michel Therrien.

I didn't know Hossa complained. What did he say?

Actually, interestingly enough, Hossa was on that very Penguins team...

Basically, that we get away with a lot of holding. Which isn't necessarily untrue.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/evening-line-tmr-version-theyre-smart-they-hold-you

I hate that excuse. Anyone who has played the game knows that if the other team is getting away with holding, you will too. Every game is called different. If you can't adjust, you don't have much chance of winning.

As for tonight, I hope the kids can play as intense as they did on Wednesday. That should be more than enough to get a W

Rubbish isn't it? Comments like that? Why can't anyone these days admit that the other team was better and they won the game because they got the better of it, rather than making up some cheap excuse that makes you seem like a whiner? Whatever happened to being magnanimous in defeat?

For the record, I have a lot of respect for Hossa, and glad he got his name on the cup (albeit with the wrong team). But still, don't whine because you can't take the fact that a team 22 points below you in the standings handed it to you. Your game should be the one doing the talking….

Edited by wings4thecup06

Alfie back in, Bert out. I've always been a Bertuzzi fan pretty much his entire career, but he has been woefully bad this season.

Better than Cleary, who should be the Flyer's problem right now. I hope we don't need Bert in the shootout.