• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#21 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Cannot believe they scratched Bert, but seriously, how could you break up Z and Gus, Miller - Glendening - Eaves, or Sheahan - Jurco - Tatar?

All 3 lines were superb vs the Hawks. 

I would probably but Alfie with Z and Gus, and drop Abby with Helm and Cleary, but that's me. I guess Babs likes having the physical presence (abby) on the top line in case some goon takes a run at Z

GO WINGS!

temp 1

#22 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Cannot believe they scratched Bert, but seriously, how could you break up Z and Gus, Miller - Glendening - Eaves, or Sheahan - Jurco - Tatar?

I would probably but Alfie with Z and Gus, and drop Abby with Helm and Cleary, but that's me. I guess Babs likes having the physical presence (abby) on the top line in case some goon takes a run at Z

GO WINGS!

Remember Z-Dats-Holmstrom?

Babcock likes a physical guy on the top line that will retrieve the puck down low, forecheck, and go hard to the net. Has nothing to do with protecting Zetterberg.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#23 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Babcock likes a physical guy on the top line that will retrieve the puck down low, forecheck, and go hard to the net. Has nothing to do with protecting Zetterberg.

Has everything to do with the puck retrieval skills of Abby and his wicked wrist shot. Glad to see him fully healthy again. Abs has looked real good past couple games
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wings win 11-1. Price is kept in net the whole game, demands trade to Colorado. Everything old is new again.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#25 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Has everything to do with the puck retrieval skills of Abby and his wicked wrist shot. Glad to see him fully healthy again. Abs has looked real good past couple games

:shocking:  Say whaaaaaa?

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Was he hurt recently?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

GO WINGS!

I don't know where you are getting that the lines are being split up. Allfie is in, Bert out. All other lines have been reported the same by Khan.

Goose-Z-Abby
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Clearly-Helm-Alfie
Miller-Glendening-Eaves

#28 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

We MUST win these 4pts games

So Bert is out but Cleary is still playing? 

Bert is injured or what? 

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#29 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I don't know where you are getting that the lines are being split up. Allfie is in, Bert out. All other lines have been reported the same by Khan.

Goose-Z-Abby
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Clearly-Helm-Alfie
Miller-Glendening-Eaves

I think he means "how could you break up the other lines" as opposed to scratching Bert.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#30 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Honestly so proud of Babs for letting the kids play/build chemistry on that powerhouse second line. That really could be what gets us into the playoffs if the kids keep improving every game.
He finally sat a vet, and for this he gets kudos.

As for the GDT, Flashy youve truly outdone yourself. So damn funny. Keep it up.

I honestly see us riding our high and winning this game 4-2. (Tatar,abby,alfiePP,eaves) (pacioretty/subban for them)

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Wings win 11-1. Price is kept in net the whole game, demands trade to Colorado. Everything old is new again.

Actually, that wouldn't work. Has to be some upstart Eastern team that we can see wiping the floor with our collective bloody corpse in a best-of-seven, forcing us to be the best we can possibly be and, ultimately, propelling us to four championships in eleven years. Ottawa?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Babs playing the kids over the vets! It's a Christmas Miracle!! 

Sorry Bert, the torch must be passed.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#33 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think he means "how could you break up the other lines" as opposed to scratching Bert.

Yea that's precisely what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. All three of those lines played so well in the last game, so how could you possibly consider changing them? Hence why Bert seems to be the spare part here now that Alfie is back. 

temp 1

#34 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Babcock has already sat Cleary a game earlier in the season. Yes, Cleary has played over younger players often, but just keeping things honest.

And yes it is a good move to sit Bert this game.

#35 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

And yea I had forgotten about that. Good call. Man it feels like ages ago since Homer was on that top line….

temp 1

#36 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Yea that's precisely what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. All three of those lines played so well in the last game, so how could you possibly consider changing them? Hence why Bert seems to be the spare part here now that Alfie is back. 

That makes much more sense. I actually really like the lineups tonight minus of course cleary. Top 3 lines all have a good scoring threat in Z Tats and Alfie.

4-2
Wings (Goose, Eaves, Alfie, Tats)

#37 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

:shocking:  Say whaaaaaa?

that
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Alfie back in, Bert out. I've always been a Bertuzzi fan pretty much his entire career, but he has been woefully bad this season.

#39 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

I really hope Price and Subban don't feel like they need to make a great impression on Mike Babcock tonight. Unless that perceived pressure throws them off and they have terrible games. Then I'd be fine with it.

On a mostly unrelated note, I noted that Hossa's post-game comments about our cheap, underhanded tactics are actually well within the norm for folks who've just lost an emotional game to us. See also: Michel Therrien.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

that

He also had that nice snipe against the Flames earlier this season. Wasn't necessarily a wicked wrister, but the placement was great.

Don't Toews me, bro!