• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#41 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I really hope Price and Subban don't feel like they need to make a great impression on Mike Babcock tonight. Unless that perceived pressure throws them off and they have terrible games. Then I'd be fine with it.

On a mostly unrelated note, I noted that Hossa's post-game comments about our cheap, underhanded tactics are actually well within the norm for folks who've just lost an emotional game to us. See also: Michel Therrien.

I didn't know Hossa complained. What did he say?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#42 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

I really hope Price and Subban don't feel like they need to make a great impression on Mike Babcock tonight. Unless that perceived pressure throws them off and they have terrible games. Then I'd be fine with it.

On a mostly unrelated note, I noted that Hossa's post-game comments about our cheap, underhanded tactics are actually well within the norm for folks who've just lost an emotional game to us. See also: Michel Therrien.

Actually, interestingly enough, Hossa was on that very Penguins team...

Don't Toews me, bro!

#43 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

that

Don't get me wrong. I love Abby, and that was a wicked shot, but doing that once a year doesn't get you on Zetterberg's wing. Getting Zetterberg the puck gets you on Zetterberg's wing.

Edited by rick zombo, 24 January 2014 - 01:54 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

I didn't know Hossa complained. What did he say?

Basically, that we get away with a lot of holding. Which isn't necessarily untrue.

http://kuklaskorner....t-they-hold-you

Edited by Dabura, 24 January 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Pumped that bertuzzi is a scratch tonight....hes useless unless on Z and D's wing. 

Maybe babs isnt as delusional as i thought! Great to see a vet sit for the kids tonight

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#46 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Basically, that we get away with a lot of holding. Which isn't necessarily untrue.

http://kuklaskorner....t-they-hold-you

I hate that excuse. Anyone who has played the game knows that if the other team is getting away with holding, you will too. Every game is called different. If you can't adjust, you don't have much chance of winning.

As for tonight, I hope the kids can play as intense as they did on Wednesday. That should be more than enough to get a W

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#47 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Rubbish isn't it? Comments like that? Why can't anyone these days admit that the other team was better and they won the game because they got the better of it, rather than making up some cheap excuse that makes you seem like a whiner? Whatever happened to being magnanimous in defeat? 

For the record, I have a lot of respect for Hossa, and glad he got his name on the cup (albeit with the wrong team). But still, don't whine because you can't take the fact that a team 22 points below you in the standings handed it to you. Your game should be the one doing the talking….

Edited by wings4thecup06, 24 January 2014 - 02:36 PM.

temp 1

#48 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Happy Alfie is back in tonight! Hopefully we get another two points here! Big game from Tatar and Goose-LGW
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#49 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Alfie back in, Bert out. I've always been a Bertuzzi fan pretty much his entire career, but he has been woefully bad this season.

Better than Cleary, who should be the Flyer's problem right now. I hope we don't need Bert in the shootout. 

#50 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Babs isn't as oblivious as I thought. Bertuzzi was the worst player on the ice against the Hawks and looked like a Beer leaguer on the first two Hawks goals. Next step is Cleary

#51 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Cleary is a decent PKer aside from that blunder on Sharp's PP goal but Bertuzzi is a liability on every area of the ice. Atleast Cleary's turn overs come in the offensive zone

#52 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Better than Cleary, who should be the Flyer's problem right now. I hope we don't need Bert in the shootout. 

Cleary is a decent PKer aside from that blunder on Sharp's PP goal but Bertuzzi is a liability on every area of the ice. Atleast Cleary's turn overs come in the offensive zone

Yea I definitely was like 'oh crap we've lost this game' when Bert came on for his shootout attempt, but good for him for roofing that slapper. I've liked his game this season, but at times he's just like a brick out there. 

That defensive miscue on the PK was horrible. I think we could all see it coming as soon as Cleary and Helm committed to the same guy after the face-off. Did Cleary have another PK shift after that goal? I remember Doc commenting that Abby replaced him alongside Helm on the next PK

temp 1

#53 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I'm glad Alfie is back in, just wish it was Cleary sitting and not Bert who would come in handy during a shootout.

Cleary brings nothing to this team and surely his PK spot could be better utilized with one of the kids.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#54 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yea I definitely was like 'oh crap we've lost this game' when Bert came on for his shootout attempt, but good for him for roofing that slapper. I've liked his game this season, but at times he's just like a brick out there. 

That defensive miscue on the PK was horrible. I think we could all see it coming as soon as Cleary and Helm committed to the same guy after the face-off. Did Cleary have another PK shift after that goal? I remember Doc commenting that Abby replaced him alongside Helm on the next PK

Yeah he did. Just usually he is a decent penalty killer. Blocking shots and what not. We have plenty of good penalty killing grinders though just saying I see a bit more value out of Cleary than Bert.

#55 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Babs isn't as oblivious as I thought. Bertuzzi was the worst player on the ice against the Hawks and looked like a Beer leaguer on the first two Hawks goals. Next step is Cleary

bert sucks but he scored to tie it in the shootout

cleary did not 

so if this comes to shootout i will be a bit upset

#56 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

don`t know if anybody mentioned this in this thread, but if so it`s still worth repeating

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1589969

seems like therien lost the locker room, half of his players want him gone

#57 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Wings 4 MTL 2

Z gets the GWG

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#58 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

don`t know if anybody mentioned this in this thread, but if so it`s still worth repeating

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1589969

seems like therien lost the locker room, half of his players want him gone

Geesh.  You'd think that they have some sort of building manager to keep it from moving around.

I guess we'll have to be nice and loan them our visitors' one tonight.

Wings win tonight in regulation.  Nowadays, that's a bold prediction.

#59 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

hah, my bad, I thought that was a legit phrase

#60 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Huge game, but then again every game from now until the Olympic break will be.