• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jimmyemeryhunter

Fedor Malykhin

Rate this topic

So i was lookin around on some other boards to see what people were saying about the whole roster crunch were going to have to do and this name got brought up.

From the same town as datsyuk.

Dreams of playing with him.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/01/08/fedor-malykhin-the-next-big-european-free-agent-signing/#more-58133

He finished better than Roman Cervenka in the KHL, who recently transitioned to the NHL with Calgary and then defected back to Russia.

Cervenka was on pace for 35 pts with a bad Calgary team.

Malykhin is MUCH younger then Cervenka (And younger than Brunner was when he came over) and we are obviously a better team than Calgary. If he truly wants to come over to play with Datsyuk I would be very pleased. It would a cheap EL contract too.

Wings are deep at center, especially when/if we get healthy. But if this kid is willing to come to camp and try out go for it. It would be great to have him as an emergency call up at some point (like when helm gets hurt again) but I just don't see the Wings having space for him right now, maybe in a year or two unfortunately.

Wings are deep at center, especially when/if we get healthy. But if this kid is willing to come to camp and try out go for it. It would be great to have him as an emergency call up at some point (like when helm gets hurt again) but I just don't see the Wings having space for him right now, maybe in a year or two unfortunately.

His khl contract isn't up until after next season anyway.

So.

Who knows.

ive seen him play a few times in the K and he is a solid guy. i heard somewhere that if Pav wasnt going to make the Olympics

then this kid was lined up to take his spot. Im all for getting more kids in the line up, they gotta high alot of upside thou of course.

we arent a contender, so why not let the kids grow as a team over the next 3 years or so with the help of half a douzen vets as we

dont want to go the Oilers way. We could use the surplus of forwards this would create to get that top D we need.

He's a center? That could explain the willingness to part with Jarnkrok. Maybe we'be already talked with him.

Yes, center, but I think he plays some wing as well.

In the interview he basically said he dreams to play in the NHL with Datsyuk (2nd choice caps) and believes that the sooner he comes over the better.

Yes, center, but I think he plays some wing as well.

In the interview he basically said he dreams to play in the NHL with Datsyuk (2nd choice caps) and believes that the sooner he comes over the better.

Sounds like he's already talked to Mr. H to me

Sounds like he's already talked to Mr. H to me

I wouldnt go that far, but maybe some words were passed through the grapevine.

Hes young enough we could send him to grand rapids, but I don't think he'd ditch the last year on his khl contract (after next season)to not play with datsyuk.

I wouldnt go that far, but maybe some words were passed through the grapevine.

Hes young enough we could send him to grand rapids, but I don't think he'd ditch the last year on his khl contract (after next season)to not play with datsyuk.

He's RFA this season in the KHL

rumor of Salavet Yulaev Ufa putting in an offer to Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg for his services. I get the feeling this might be to see if the Redwings are

really interested in him. From what i've seen of him he is worth a gamble on a 1 year contract, solid 2 way player who has represented Russia this year

and looks like making the worlds roster too.

ps, yes that is him in my profile pic #98

Edited by Andy Pred 48