• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

This luck kid wore a GoPro to share her awesome experience from this classy organization. 

http://youtu.be/fImuZjCTbJg 

Edited by Smite, 24 January 2014 - 01:02 PM.

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#2 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Would have been kind of nice had they done it with a "random" kid, not the child of the team's trainer.

#3 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Would have been kind of nice had they done it with a "random" kid, not the child of the team's trainer.

Why put a negative spin on this?? I would assume that's one of the many benefits of working for a guy like Ilitch.

They do plenty for kids.  Complaining for the sake of complaining.  Can't please everyone I guess.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#4 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

This was awesome!

Must have been so exciting.

Posted Image

#5 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Why put a negative spin on this?? I would assume that's one of the many benefits of working for a guy like Ilitch.

They do plenty for kids.  Complaining for the sake of complaining. Can't please everyone I guess.

I guess you can look at it however you choose.  I see  Alfie's kids getting to skate at the Joe as a perk.  But if you're having a contest for the "Youth skater of the day" and you give it to one of the staff's kids, it kind of loses the effect.  Seems like it would be more special to a kid who doesn't get to go to the Joe all the time and know all the players.

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

It would have been even more awesome if she had punched Pierre in the face as she skated by and then tripped a couple of Hawks on the way out!