• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CaliforniaWingsFan

Red Wings Puck Cases

Rate this topic

Hey guys! I'm sure some of you guys have display cases for your autographed Wings pucks, but what do you have? I got this one about a month ago (http://www.fanatics.com/NHL_Detroit_Red_Wings/Detroit_Red_Wings_30-Puck_Mahogany_Display_Case/partnerid/8429/source/GPA_CA?CAWELAID=&CAWELAID=330000530000227767), and its definitely my prized possession.

So far I have:

Autographed Nicklas Lidstrom Red Wings Puck

Autographed Jonathan Ericsson Sweden Puck

Autographed Henrik Zetterberg Winter Classic 2014 Puck

Autographed Kris Draper Red Wings Puck

Autograped Jimmy Howard Red Wings Puck

So, let me know what pucks you have. I absolutely love this thing, and I can't wait until it is full.

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan

I have never personally bought any autographed Wings pucks, but I have a few that I got signed in person while having the rare pleasure of meeting some of the players.

Brendan Shanahan - 1997 Cup Champion Puck

Steve Yzerman - Official Game Puck

Chris Osgood - Official Game Puck

Pavel Datsyuk - Graphic Red Wings Puck

Slava Kozlov - Atlanta Thrashers Practice Puck

I felt like Kozlov was honorable mention as a former Wing, I used to live in Atlanta and went to Thrashers practice a lot. There was literally 5-7 fans there at most so there was always an opportunity to meet, talk to, and get autographs from players. This particular day he flipped me a practice puck and I got him to sign it afterwards. Luckily for me, I also received another one and got Kovalchuk to sign one side and Hossa to sign the other. It was a great experience with a few former Wings and a superstar.

Datsyuk and Osgood came from an opportunity to get back next to the locker room after a home game, my best friends grandmother was on a health decline and her daughter (My friends mother) had contacted the JLA executives saying it was one of her final wishes to be able to meet Chris Osgood. He agreed, met with us, signed a bunch of stuff, took some pictures and spent a solid 30 minutes hanging out. Datsyuk just kind of showed up with a big smile on his face, gave her a big hug and signed a bunch of stuff for us also, it was incredible. She has since passed away and was buried with her autographed Osgood jersey.

That is an awesome story, thanks for sharing it. The Shanahan puck sounds incredible. It is so much more special to have the pucks autographed yourself than to just buy them, but living in California, it is hard for me to get them signed. Someday I will go to Detroit and watch some home games or possibly catch some of the guys after a game here against the Ducks or Kings!

Anyone looking to add Ted Lindsay to their collection should know that he signs through the mail with a very fast turnaround time. I got a great black and white photo of Ted kissing the Cup from 51 (I think). Sent it out and had it back in about a week along with a signed pamphlet describing Ted's career and accomplishments.