• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FifeHockeyNut

Sammy Waived

Rate this topic

homer_woohoo.jpg

Sucks that it only saves $100k towards the cap, but the fact that Holland made this move speaks volumes, almost like he's acknowledging that he made a mistake. Now, let's hope Mule can come back in and quickly regain the scoring touch and snarl he had before the concussion, he should bump Cleary off the PP completely.

I must admit I was surprised when I saw this. I'm for having veteran guys, but not when they do absolutely nothing. Cleary should be next if he continues to play as poorly as he has, but we all know Babcock really likes Clears.

2 things:

Once Weiss is off IR, they will be over the cap unless they can clear cap on a more permanent basis. This move only allows them to keep a kid up a little longer. I ran it through capgeek's armchair GM feature.

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.630m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($3.500m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.733m) / Luke Glendening ($0.575m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)

Brendan Smith ($1.263m) / Danny DeKeyser ($0.925m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

BUYOUTS

Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)

BURIED

Danny Cleary ($0.825m)

Mikael Samuelsson ($2.900m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.275m)

Jordin Tootoo ($0.975m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-01-25)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $2,635,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $89,333

2: Samuelsson's NTC is irrelevant. If he was scoring 20 goals, they probably wouldn't want to move him. If they did want to move him, players generally are willing to waive the NTC. As bad as he's been, nobody is going to want to trade for him even if he didn't have the NTC.

Trade Andersson keep Sheahan? That would work cap-wise.

Trade Andersson keep Sheahan? That would work cap-wise.

Barely. Sheahan's hit is actually higher. But that wouldn't do much for the rest of this year except give them one fewer center to call up if needed, and wouldn't help at all for the playoffs since Sheahan could be called up then anyway.

To me it's the whole thing. I can't believe Holland gave him a raise AND the NTC on that term.

I'll be surprised if anyone picks him up.

Sammy waived, Tootoo waived. Doesn't provide much relief but at least Holland is admitting his mistakes and starting to put his awful signings from that offseason behind him.

I'm no longer surprised by NTC's, GM's seem to hand them out like candy on Halloween.

I'm no longer surprised by NTC's, GM's seem to hand them out like candy on Halloween.

Specifically I was surprised by the raise AND the term AND the NTC. Seems like one or two of those should've made the deal more favorable, but apparently not.

Holland finally throws cash around to bring in a free agent and he does it for friggin Samuelsson.

Specifically I was surprised by the raise AND the term AND the NTC. Seems like one or two of those should've made the deal more favorable, but apparently not.Holland finally throws cash around to bring in a free agent and he does it for friggin Samuelsson.

Sammy's contract was a disaster from the start, and has only gotten worse with time.

keep cleaning out he dead weight. No it will not help us much cap wise until the summer. But man I am tired of seeing crap on the ice when there are kids ready to play. No not all of them will make it, but we can't know that until they play.