• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FifeHockeyNut

Sammy Waived

Rate this topic

So now that he's officially gone, can we wish him well in life?

I liked the guy, and was sad when he left. I love how he made me look like an idiot by scoring twice against Pittsburgh after I had told a friend how he couldn't score to save his life.

wings_sm_82892.jpg

Good luck, good health, and good fortune to you and your family, My Dear Swede.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner but with all the injuries I shouldn't be surprised. I guess that means I'll see him on the 5th when I go to the Griffins game.

Long time coming, this guy never should have returned here. After what he did to avoid being bought out in the off season I doubt he retires. Just wish he'd realize the dream is over and have some class and call it a career right now. That'd be the most help he'd provide this team since he signed.

Long time coming, this guy never should have returned here. After what he did to avoid being bought out in the off season I doubt he retires. Just wish he'd realize the dream is over and have some class and call it a career right now. That'd be the most help he'd provide this team since he signed.

Would you say no to 3 m for basically free ? I highly doubt it, Holland offered him a contract he signed it and the rest is history.

as for the rest of his life: all the best and enjoy retirement

@RedWingsFeed: Mikael Samuelsson joins Griffins looking to 'find the fun' after tough time in... http://t.co/XBI9gqUkTg via @RedWingsMLive #NHL #RedWings

Dude sounds bitter to say the least:

“If you look at it from my standpoint, as a hockey player I want to play the game,” Samuelsson said. “Obviously, I want to play at the highest level, but if guys don’t believe in me that I can do that, then this is my situation for now.” Griffins coach Jeff Blashill said he will use the next two days of practices to determine Samuelsson’s role before Friday’s home game against Chicago. “Sammy has been a real good player in the NHL for a long time and he’s an extremely talented offensive player,” Blashill said. “So he’ll play on one of our top couple lines and play on our power play and get an opportunity to help us in an offensive manner.” Samuelsson, took the weekend to adjust to his new team, and arrived Wednesday morning into Grand Rapids. “I’m not going to lie,” he said. “It’s not what I expected when the season started. But with the Red Wings not playing me, I’m more than happy to be here and play again.”

Just retire already, please.

If he retires, his entire cap hit counts against the Wings. If he stays with GR, they at least get the $100K in relief from sending him down. So there's that.

Eh? I thought the rest of his cap hit gets erased if the player retires?

If he retires, his entire cap hit counts against the Wings. If he stays with GR, they at least get the $100K in relief from sending him down. So there's that.

Eh? I thought the rest of his cap hit gets erased if the player retires?

If a player is 35 or older when the contract goes into effect the entire cap hit counts if he retires. That's why Pronger hasn't officially retired. Holmgren thought that if a player signs before he turns 35 it's a standard contract, but Pronger turned 35 before the cutoff date so they're stuck playing this game and paying him every dime. And somehow thus guy has a job, and it's screwups like that that put Holland's "blunders" in perspective.

Dude sounds bitter to say the least:

Just retire already, please.

Waste of minutes that can go to a young guy...bench him there too please.

Griffins want to win too and all their good forwards are in Detroit. Besides it'll be one of their minor league vets sitting not a kid. Best case scenario is he tears it up and someone decides to give a conditional pick for him.

Griffins want to win too and all their good forwards are in Detroit. Besides it'll be one of their minor league vets sitting not a kid. Best case scenario is he tears it up and someone decides to give a conditional pick for him.

The Griffins ARE winning and all their "good forwards" are NOT in Detroit.

Jeez...

He should not take ice time away from the developing prospects, He is still crippling the Wings in another fashion. They should not even dress him; what is the point? If he was trying to showcase himself to get traded to another team fine; but he isn't. Retire gracefully - just go the F away.

Are you kidding me?? He has been given the opportunity again and again without anything to show for it. He has absolutely beenthe worst player on the roster imo.

I don't think Cleary would look good on an AHL roster. Sammy played like 5 minutes a game once a week and put on the point of a fundamentally flawed power play. He had no chance

I don't think Cleary would look good on an AHL roster. Sammy played like 5 minutes a game once a week and put on the point of a fundamentally flawed power play. He had no chance

He got more icetime than his play warranted if you ask me.