18 replies to this topic

#1 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

http://www.mlive.com...eturn_to_t.html

I'm a bit surprised he's coming back after only 3 days symptom free.  I would think they'd keep him out a bit longer, 3 days is really nothing.  My experiences with concussions are that during the recovery phase, one tough poop and your symptoms can come back.

#2 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Didn't Datsyuk return after a couple days of no symptoms too? I thought players had to wait a week of no symptoms, or maybe that's just the NFL.

#3 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Where do you think he gets slotted? The lines we've had going have been great together. Not to say I'm not happy to have him back.

#4 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Where do you think he gets slotted? The lines we've had going have been great together. Not to say I'm not happy to have him back.

I'd like to see him with Helm again, that line did great before their injuries.

#5 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

Great news! We should wreck shop once we are all healthy.

#6 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

What is with Weiss? Was he hoping to not have surgery but realized he needed it or was it an injury that occurred when he was put on IR?

#7 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

tumblr_luxfo09pbU1qfy8fto1_500.gif

#8 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

While the Abby-Z-Nyquist line has been good lately, I'd still like to see Franzen take Abby's spot there. Abby-Helm-Alfredsson was an amazing line earlier in the year, as was Mule-Z-Gus. 

#9 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

... and, another lines thread begins.

Thanks for the Franzen update.

#10 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

It's the same one just gets bumped I like it. Better than a fantasy trade/ FA thread that gets renamed every week or so

#11 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

What is with Weiss? Was he hoping to not have surgery but realized he needed it or was it an injury that occurred when he was put on IR?

He hurt his groin in camp, came back but wasn't really right, re-aggravated it, came back, then had the sports hernia that required surgery.  They must be better at fixing them now than they used to be, IIRC GIlchrist was out a hell of a lot longer than that with one.

http://www.mlive.com...eturn_to_t.html

I'm a bit surprised he's coming back after only 3 days symptom free.  I would think they'd keep him out a bit longer, 3 days is really nothing.  My experiences with concussions are that during the recovery phase, one tough poop and your symptoms can come back.

Yeah, but he's been practicing.  Hopefully he comes back excited to play and scores a bunch.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#12 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

I'm going to guess that if he wasn't 100% healthy, and/or there was any chance of a recurrence of the previous injury, he wouldn't be suiting up.

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

3rd line to ease him back in.

I'd like to see him with Helm again, that line did great before their injuries.

Franzen and Helm played with Tatar and it was potent.  If they have Alfie-Helm-Mule, that could be just as good.  Helm's speed opens up so much room for Mule to get his wicked wrister.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Great news! We should wreck shop once we are all healthy.

Love that someone else around here still appreciates shop wrecking

#15 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Franzen needs to be paired with speed. Speed creates chances and chances open the ice. Franzen scores, everyone else does the work. Helm abby franzen. Best third line in hockey.

#16 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Looking forward to seeing the team after the Olympic Break. Could be a totally different second half for this team, will be very interesting.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#17 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Good news everyone!  Cleary a healthy scratch to make room for Franzen against the Panthers.

Babcock confirms only lineup change is Franzen in for Cleary. So Bertuzzi and Kindl also scratched. Andersson ready on Tuesday.

#18 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

So can he take a hit?  The one that put him out looked awfully weak.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#19 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Good news everyone!  Cleary a healthy scratch to make room for Franzen against the Panthers.

Babcock confirms only lineup change is Franzen in for Cleary. So Bertuzzi and Kindl also scratched. Andersson ready on Tuesday.

Bloody hell! That is ridiculous!!   :cheesy:

On a lighter note though, clearly Sheahan and Jurco are headed back to GR once Andersson and Datsyuk are healthy. But what happens to Glendening when Weiss returns? I have liked the way both he and Eaves have played, so it's an interesting quandary when everyone gets healthy….

Edited by wings4thecup06, 26 January 2014 - 03:35 PM.

temp 1