• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LAWings

Franzen set to return Sunday

Rate this topic

Where do you think he gets slotted? The lines we've had going have been great together. Not to say I'm not happy to have him back.

While the Abby-Z-Nyquist line has been good lately, I'd still like to see Franzen take Abby's spot there. Abby-Helm-Alfredsson was an amazing line earlier in the year, as was Mule-Z-Gus.

What is with Weiss? Was he hoping to not have surgery but realized he needed it or was it an injury that occurred when he was put on IR?

He hurt his groin in camp, came back but wasn't really right, re-aggravated it, came back, then had the sports hernia that required surgery. They must be better at fixing them now than they used to be, IIRC GIlchrist was out a hell of a lot longer than that with one.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/01/johan_franzen_will_return_to_t.html

I'm a bit surprised he's coming back after only 3 days symptom free. I would think they'd keep him out a bit longer, 3 days is really nothing. My experiences with concussions are that during the recovery phase, one tough poop and your symptoms can come back.

Yeah, but he's been practicing. Hopefully he comes back excited to play and scores a bunch.

Where do you think he gets slotted? The lines we've had going have been great together. Not to say I'm not happy to have him back.

3rd line to ease him back in.

I'd like to see him with Helm again, that line did great before their injuries.

Franzen and Helm played with Tatar and it was potent. If they have Alfie-Helm-Mule, that could be just as good. Helm's speed opens up so much room for Mule to get his wicked wrister.

Franzen needs to be paired with speed. Speed creates chances and chances open the ice. Franzen scores, everyone else does the work. Helm abby franzen. Best third line in hockey.

Good news everyone! Cleary a healthy scratch to make room for Franzen against the Panthers.

Babcock confirms only lineup change is Franzen in for Cleary. So Bertuzzi and Kindl also scratched. Andersson ready on Tuesday.

Bloody hell! That is ridiculous!! :cheesy:

On a lighter note though, clearly Sheahan and Jurco are headed back to GR once Andersson and Datsyuk are healthy. But what happens to Glendening when Weiss returns? I have liked the way both he and Eaves have played, so it's an interesting quandary when everyone gets healthy….

Edited by wings4thecup06