• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Stadium Series, Vol. I - Ducks @ Kings (GDT)

Rate this topic

Its a shame they are overdoing this really, its kind of like knowing there is going to me a multi car pile up just outside your window you have to watch.

I have seen enough though looks too un natural to me and the puck is bouncing all over the place like a rubber ball.

Im glad to see most people dont like it, seems most of us agree this game is too tacky.

Between the boring play and the horrible nature of this broadcast, this will end up driving casual fans away from watching hockey.

I'm seriously hoping the Devils game tomorrow is better than this, though with Pierre, Doc and Eddie I seriously doubt it.

Edited by Phil Lesh

What a bore and yawner ... there is no electricity in the atmosphere. Sorry but hockey was not meant to be played outdoors in LA. NHL gaffed this one badly ... let's see tomorrow but already, I feel that the novelty is diminshing rapidly.

Glad we got the classic. What a joke ... in our classic, we had 2 alumni games. In LA, they had a media and movie stars game ... wtf????

What a bore and yawner ... there is no electricity in the atmosphere. Sorry but hockey was not meant to be played outdoors in LA. NHL gaffed this one badly ... let's see tomorrow but already, I feel that the novelty is diminshing rapidly.

Glad we got the classic. What a joke ... in our classic, we had 2 alumni games. In LA, they had a media and movie stars game ... wtf????

Expecting something like this, although I didn't think it would be that bad. Glad the WC has been so amazing, these wannabe classics just aren't cutting it. Movie stars and media playing a hockeygame? Seriously that's beyond pathetic.

Mr. grow the game in non markets should be ashamed. The only good thing is, no way the NHL will play so much wannabe games next year they can't be THAT stupid at least I hope not. To be fair though after the best WC ever I don't care about the next one either.

The novelty is gone good job NHL...

One winter and one heritage classic is more than enough each non lockout year

Edited by frankgrimes

I turned it off when I saw the red carpet. Seriously? I wasn't going to add to their viewership totals.

Does anyone know how the game went? I know the Ducks won, but was curious how the ice held up and who won the best actor award.

I watched the 1st period, all I kept seeing was this.

carterfall_large.gif

Dumb idea to do it in Cali in those temperatures. The KISS performances were a bigger joke.

KISS should only be playing for the Wings doing Detroit Rock City! Nice flub by the Kings player. I refuse to watch any outdoor game in California cause it's stupid. I won't watch the Rangers ones cause I want the Wings one to get the best rating. Like I said before, too much of something is bad.

There's definitely too many outdoor games and having Kiss play was awful, but the snobbery in this thread is hilarious. And people aren't being honest with themselves about the level of play in the Winter Classic under those conditions.

Also, a few people don't seem to realize the Los Angeles Kings have been in the NHL for 47 years.

There's definitely too many outdoor games and having Kiss play was awful, but the snobbery in this thread is hilarious.

Also, a few people don't seem to realize the Los Angeles Kings have been in the NHL for 47 years.

Agreed about there being too many and some of these posters needing to get down from their high horse. I wouldn't mind a schedule of a Winter Classic, Heritage Classic and two separate Stadium Series games. There is no way these games are bad for hockey. Considering people who have very good business smarts and savvy have created these games Ill trust their judgement over many on here. It seems posters here would prefer only historical teams prosper and would rather see other teams fail in nontraditional markets. The big three California teams are all great for the league and enabling them to get more exposure can not possibly be a bad thing. Anyway, Ill enjoy watching today's game.

There's definitely too many outdoor games and having Kiss play was awful, but the snobbery in this thread is hilarious. And people aren't being honest with themselves about the level of play in the Winter Classic under those conditions.

It has nothing to do with snobbery just reality. Playing a season series while having a beach volleyball game next to it and rolling out a red carpet ? That's disgusting and I also can't understand, why the leaders of this damn league are caring more about people who aren't watching (non fans), than the people who are watching and enjoying the sport (fans) ?

I'm also not gonna watch the Rangers and Devils, because it's equally stupid only difference are the more winterlike conditions but other than that, meh.

Like we all know turning a "star" into a "cash cow" is not always the best idea and that's exactly what the NHL is doing, they are flooding the market with too much outdoor games and therefore killing it's novelty (star status). Personally I would prefer WC and heritage classic every two years instead of one.

If the fans who attended this thing had a blast fine more power to them and I'm happy for them but in terms of what hockey is all about, the SS is disgusting.

The big three California teams are all great for the league and enabling them to get more exposure can not possibly be a bad thing. Anyway, Ill enjoy watching today's game.

Why exactly should I care about them ? I don't care about the exposure and status of the league I care about one thing and thats the DRW.

THE MORNING AFTER. ASSORTED THOUGHTS. CAPS LOCK.

- I loved Jordin Sparks' Star-Spangled Banner. So used to (and tired of!) people belting out every single note. Jordin Sparks is too good for that. That's why she makes the big bucks. *listens to his own music. feels great shame.*

- The overhead-zip-line-whatever-the-hell-you-call-it angle was hilarious. There were all these black dots buzzing about (gonna have to assume they were bugs. If not, then demons. Maybe demon bugs. Possibly even bug demons) and they were in every way identical to the puck. I think they only used that cam, like, once. It's kind of a shame, because the game actually becomes much more interesting with eight pucks in play, and seven of them are sentient and prone to zig-zagging. Who knew!

- The Kings don't score a lot of goals and they don't give up a lot of goals. In retrospect, maybe not the best choice of team for a monumental, once-in-a-lifetime outdoor game event. SURE COULD USE A WAYNE GRETZKY ON THAT LOS ANGELES KINGS TEAM AMIRITE?

- Lots and lots and lots of penalties.

- Hiller was incredible.

That's all I've got. I'll write more if anything comes to me.

On to Yankee Stadium!

Edited by Dabura

Why exactly should I care about them ? I don't care about the exposure and status of the league I care about one thing and thats the DRW.

You're more of a Red Wings fan than hockey fan thats fine. But conversely why should Bettman and Co. care what the hell you think? Id much rather see than entire league thrive than just the Red wings. Im more of a hockey fan than simply Red Wings fan. Also since these games do not involve the wings why the hell would you care about what happens with these games?

Edited by cnot19