• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Stadium Series, Vol. I - Ducks @ Kings (GDT)

Rate this topic

There's definitely too many outdoor games and having Kiss play was awful, but the snobbery in this thread is hilarious. And aren't being honest with themselves about the level of play in the Winter Classic under those conditions.

Also, a few people don't seem to realize the Los Angeles Kings have been in the NHL for 47 years.

If it's snobbery to think a red carpet at a hockey game is ludicrous, then I'll gladly embrace the snob label. It was turned into a circus and a place to be seen rather than an opportunity to enjoy a hockey game. Don't you think you're being a little overly sensitive?

And where is anyone ragging on a team? I don't understand your comment about the Kings.

I say if they want to play an outdoor game, great, we'll be happy to host it for you. Come on over.

Why exactly should I care about them ? I don't care about the exposure and status of the league I care about one thing and thats the DRW.

You're more of a Red Wings fan than hockey fan thats fine. But conversely why should Bettman and Co. care what the hell you think? Id much rather see than entire league thrive than just the Red wings. Im more of a hockey fan than simply Red Wings fan. Also since these games do not involve the wings why the hell would you care about what happens with these games?

No worries here and thats equally fine to me. Please don't get me started on Bettman, all I can say is 8.3 annually for being a complete who stands for everything, the sport isn't about...

Do I care about these games, no but maybe I like to preserve the WC novelty and personally would be extremely sad to see it turning into a cash cow instead of a star. Also I do watch other teams play too and there are quiete a few I really like (Blues, Kings and the Bruins style) that being said though, I'm for sure more a DRW than a "whole league fan" because I think there are many markets more deserving of a team, than some current ones.

If that's snobbery so be it.

No worries here and thats equally fine to me. Please don't get me started on Bettman, all I can say is 8.3 annually for being a complete who stands for everything, the sport isn't about...

Do I care about these games, no but maybe I like to preserve the WC novelty and personally would be extremely sad to see it turning into a cash cow instead of a star. Also I do watch other teams play too and there are quiete a few I really like (Blues, Kings and the Bruins style) that being said though, I'm for sure more a DRW than a "whole league fan" because I think there are many markets more deserving of a team, than some current ones.

If that's snobbery so be it.

All thing being equal other places may deserve teams more but all things are not equal and many of us do not know these difference in each market whether its ownership population location arena and keeping teams in America

I think your concern of cash cow could be valid but until I see a negative impact from a winter classic for the league I can't agree with it.

Anyway I wish our team played more like those teams you mentioned!

You people are utterly ridiculous. The red carpet was a nice, silly, totally harmless touch. The volleyball was weird, tone-wise, but also perfectly harmless.

Oh no! The Coors Stadium Series is about excessive, shameless, money-hungry pandering and all-around stupidity, and it's spitting on the grave of all things good and decent and sacred! THIS HAS NEVER BEEN THE CASE WITH ANYTHING BEFORE!!!

California is the greatest state in the union and its not even close. Talking s*** about a place that youve never been to makes you look jealous and sad. If you enjoy shovelling snow off your driveway over playing volleyball on the beach, be my guest. Personally, im going to go enjoy my sunday afternoon brunch and mimosas on the patio in my shorts and flip flops. Dont forget your jackets today!

You guys are surprised at it being tacky? It may look like a joke, but It's LA. The tackiest city other than Vegas. It may have looked weird to us, but that's how LA is. Fake, over the top, self-absorbed and with a laid back beach culture.

Not bashing LA, they love it that way and I'd love to live there. It's the whole appeal.

All thing being equal other places may deserve teams more but all things are not equal and many of us do not know these difference in each market whether its ownership population location arena and keeping teams in America

I think your concern of cash cow could be valid but until I see a negative impact from a winter classic for the league I can't agree with it.

Anyway I wish our team played more like those teams you mentioned!

Like I said no worries here everyone is entitled to an opinion and like I said I'm happy if the people there enjoyed it. The point about not knowing the difference is true but I think Quebec City deserves a team and it would be another slamdunk just like Winnipeg.

Fully agreed I really love that style of play and as their success has shown it serves you incredible well.

California is the greatest state in the union and its not even close. Talking s*** about a place that youve never been to makes you look jealous and sad. If you enjoy shovelling snow off your driveway over playing volleyball on the beach, be my guest. Personally, im going to go enjoy my sunday afternoon brunch and mimosas on the patio in my shorts and flip flops. Dont forget your jackets today!

WTF nobody is talking s*** about California people are rightfully questioning how BEACHBALL and HOCKEY in the same area are fitting, why a red carpet is needed for a hockeygame. I love the experience of all 4 times of the year, winter being my favourite so thanks I enjoy shovelling snow and laying in front of the chimney when it's - 10 outthere.

Like I said no worries here everyone is entitled to an opinion and like I said I'm happy if the people there enjoyed it. The point about not knowing the difference is true but I think Quebec City deserves a team and it would be another slamdunk just like Winnipeg.

Fully agreed I really love that style of play and as their success has shown it serves you incredible well.

WTF nobody is talking s*** about California people are rightfully questioning how BEACHBALL and HOCKEY in the same area are fitting, why a red carpet is needed for a hockeygame. I love the experience of all 4 times of the year, winter being my favourite so thanks I enjoy shovelling snow and laying in front of the chimney when it's - 10 outthere.

Definitely agree about QC

It being sunny all year is not what makes it great. How about community, you know where a young kid goes and shovels the old lady's driveway across the street for free, just because he is nice. Ya the sun is nice, but we over here don't get tropical storms, so I'll sit on my couch and enjoy that, living in the best country in the world, and I will not pretend it's ok to have an outdoor hockey game when it's 70 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Every player in the winter classic I saw interviewed was hoping it would snow, I was hoping for rain at the stadium series

I can go down the road to the outdoor rink and play hockey anytime I want all winter long (which is like six months). I love California but I couldnt do that there.

Edited by Mckinley25

Pictures of Ducks/Kings wives and girlfriends alert!

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=465089949&EditorialProduct=Sport#

esteef

The game was ugly and shouldn't have been in that weather....

But winniks gf, is gorgeous.

And its kinda cool to see them with all their families, gives me a more relatable feel to the players on other teams.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

If it's snobbery to think a red carpet at a hockey game is ludicrous, then I'll gladly embrace the snob label. It was turned into a circus and a place to be seen rather than an opportunity to enjoy a hockey game. Don't you think you're being a little overly sensitive?

And where is anyone ragging on a team? I don't understand your comment about the Kings.

I say if they want to play an outdoor game, great, we'll be happy to host it for you. Come on over.

As I said in my initial post, the snobbery comment wasn't about some of the awful ideas they implemented for the event. The NHL was on the right track going right at the fact that outdoor hockey in southern California is unusual, but it's like they went with all their first bad ideas.

There were multiple comments on what an embarrassment to hockey it was, about sun belt teams, about not deserving a game. If you cruise back through the thread, the snobbery is pretty obvious.

As for what "belongs" at a hockey game, there were thousands of fans watching two of the best teams in the league play. In a market people dismiss as knowing nothing about hockey no less. That seems like it belongs.

Why would the Kings and Ducks want to host an outdoor game in Michigan? The conditions for the Wings Leafs game was awful, as was most of the quality of the hockey. It was fun for the Alumni game but for the actual Winter Classic they honestly shouldn't count it towards the season given how bad the conditions were. Whereas the Kings game was low scoring but the ice was decent and there was actually physical play cuz guys weren't worried about breaking into a million pieces.

There were multiple comments on what an embarrassment to hockey it was, about sun belt teams, about not deserving a game. If you cruise back through the thread, the snobbery is pretty obvious.

As for what "belongs" at a hockey game, there were thousands of fans watching two of the best teams in the league play. In a market people dismiss as knowing nothing about hockey no less. That seems like it belongs.

Why would the Kings and Ducks want to host an outdoor game in Michigan? The conditions for the Wings Leafs game was awful, as was most of the quality of the hockey. It was fun for the Alumni game but for the actual Winter Classic they honestly shouldn't count it towards the season given how bad the conditions were. Whereas the Kings game was low scoring but the ice was decent and there was actually physical play cuz guys weren't worried about breaking into a million pieces.

The two best teams ? Right now the Kings are not one of the two best teams they are behind the Blackhawks, St. Louis, San Jose and even the Avalanche. Who said they knew nothing about hockey ? Most of the comments were questioning the way the game was presented and all the other "activities" like beachball, red carpet...I would have said the same thing, if the WC would have had stuff like that it just doesn't belong there.

The conditions should be awful, the players loved it and thats exactly how should be. If I go to my outdoor rink mother nature might provide tons of snow, rain or whatever and thats exactly how hockey used to be played before it turned indoor you know childhood memories something fans and players alike love.

The two best teams ? Right now the Kings are not one of the two best teams they are behind the Blackhawks, St. Louis, San Jose and even the Avalanche. Who said they knew nothing about hockey ? Most of the comments were questioning the way the game was presented and all the other "activities" like beachball, red carpet...I would have said the same thing, if the WC would have had stuff like that it just doesn't belong there.

The conditions should be awful, the players loved it and thats exactly how should be. If I go to my outdoor rink mother nature might provide tons of snow, rain or whatever and thats exactly how hockey used to be played before it turned indoor you know childhood memories something fans and players alike love.

I said two of the best teams in the league. Not the two best teams in the league.

I lived in California for 5 years. Had Sharks season tickets. I know very well what I'm talking about. I'm back in Michigan and have been for decades. Whether you prefer either has nothing to do with this conversation.

And to everyone who's telling everyone else what to think or that their opinion is ridiculous, knock it off. You don't have to agree, but you DO have to be respectful. If you can't do that, don't post. Someone's opinion is not wrong just because you don't hold the same one.

I thought it was a different approach and probably a learning lesson for the league. Don't understand all this irrational hate.

It was still an entertaining game and had much better than conditions than our Winter Classic. Many players stated the ice was better than even a few NHL arenas.

Players, their families and the fans of those teams seemed to really appreciate and enjoy it and it's great exposure for the sport in California.

I thought it was a different approach and probably a learning lesson for the league. Don't understand all this irrational hate.

It was still an entertaining game and had much better than conditions than our Winter Classic. Many players stated the ice was better than even a few NHL arenas.

Players, their families and the fans of those teams seemed to really appreciate and enjoy it and it's great exposure for the sport in California.

Some posters dont want the facts to get in the way of their assertions.