• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/26 GDT: Panthers 5 @ Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

This one extra point coud would have been nice but I'm not so mad about the point more about the way, they've given it away. Having a PP with only 4 minutes to go and then sending out for offensive players was a disaster waiting to happen. At that point you play a shut them down type of PP where the whole attack is focused more on defense. Somoneone needs to tell Kronwall to focus on a shutdown role instead of playing forward especially at such an important point in the game.

For whatever reason the Panthers seems to have the Wings number, which is hard to stomach I understand it against teams like St. Louis but the Panthers seriously..

Andersson won't clear waivers and they're not going to lose him for nothing. It would be paste eating level stupid. I'm guess Glendening goes first. I didn't know Andersson would have to clear waivers. Can't they just make him a healthy scratch and wait until the next guy gets hurt (won't be long likely)?
As soon as someone else comes off IR they'll be at the roster limit. Weiss is the only one on long term, but others are on short term.
Hi notaWingsfanButaFinn here. Anyone here think GR's Teemu Pulkkinen should be called up?.i think he looks like Red Wings style player. Teemu leads Griffins in Goals,Points,+/-,SOG (2nd in PP goals ) Ive always liked how he plays hockey,skates fast,likes to play physicalgoes front of the net,doesn't fear blocking shots. Teemu has tremendous slapshot,and good wrist shot,buteven thou he is label'd as a sniper,past few seasons he'sbeen more of a playmaker.
He's not ready for the NHL and they don't have a roster spot anyway.

Kronwall had an atrocious game. That's putting it mildly. Alfredson should not be on the point. He bobbles that puck and loses contro; more than he can keep it. If the puck goes by him, he's not fast enough to catch the opposing player. If the players aren't emotionally engaged, it starts with the coach. I hate their power play system - mostly ineffective. Just venting over all the incompetence.

Why does Gustavsson get ripped on here? He's 13-3-4. Howard has been atrocious this year aside from maybe not even a handful of games. Come on. Yes Gus wasn't amazing but he's the friggin backup and we would be down where Florida is in the standings if not for the season he is having. The only shootout losses he loses seem to be the ones where not one Wings shooter can net one in during it.

This defense is bad. Giving up breakaways to this garbage team is mind boggling. The first period was a snoozer too. I also saw Cleary on a few power plays(when he wasn't in the box putting his team on the pk). Seriously, Babcock? Dekeyser was very shaky, Kronwall too and Smith either looks amazing or poops the bed. Costly loss. This team needs to get better on defense...and fast. It's not like we can rely on elite goaltending, especially when Howard is back. As long as they are not injured, Babcock just continues to stick with the guys who deserve to be sitting. People can blame Gus(especially the Howard fanboys, come on people, just admit he's been awful. I like him too but let's be realistic here.) but I'd say this loss was more on the coaching and defense.

Well...Philly next and they always bring it against us(as does everyone) so if this team wants to grow a pair, now is the time to do it and start beating the teams they should.

Edited by GoWings!

Why does Gustavsson get ripped on here? He's 13-3-4. Howard has been atrocious this year aside from maybe not even a handful of games. Come on. Yes Gus wasn't amazing but he's the friggin backup and we would be down where Florida is in the standings if not for the season he is having. The only shootout losses he loses seem to be the ones where not one Wings shooter can net one in during it.

This defense is bad. Giving up breakaways to this garbage team is mind boggling. The first period was a snoozer too. I also saw Cleary on a few power plays(when he wasn't in the box putting his team on the pk). Seriously, Babcock? Dekeyser was very shaky, Kronwall too and Smith either looks amazing or poops the bed. Costly loss. This team needs to get better on defense...and fast. It's not like we can rely on elite goaltending, especially when Howard is back. As long as they are not injured, Babcock just continues to stick with the guys who deserve to be sitting. People can blame Gus(especially the Howard fanboys, come on people, just admit he's been awful. I like him too but let's be realistic here.) but I'd say this loss was more on the coaching and defense.

Well...Philly next and they always bring it against us(as does everyone) so if this team wants to grow a pair, now is the time to do it and start beating the teams they should.

Howard has been better lately. Gustavasson's numbers aren't that much better, despite his win-loss record, and the last 5 games he's given up 4 goals 3 times and 3 in another game. If the Wings weren't scoring, they could have easily been 1-4 in those game. In the meantime, Howard has given up 3+ in 4 of his last 11 games and got a L or OTL in 3 games where he allowed 2 or fewer.

Went back and "watched the tape." Conclusion: this one's on the coaches. All of those ill-advised low-percentage passes through the hash marks in the o-zone, using four forwards on the PP - we weren't protecting our lead, we were trying to pad it, and we had opened up our play in order to do get it done. It was almost like we were the ones in comeback mode. "Well, we're up a goal/tied, so obviously we're gonna have to start being more aggressive and taking some chances if we want to get back in this thing." That's not how you work with a tenuous late lead in this league with the opposition pressing relentlessly. You do what we did to Montreal: you shut it down, take no chances, force the other side to open up its play.

About Monster - I do think his record is somewhat misleading in that we seem to give him a lot more help in the goal-scoring department. For whatever reasons, playing in front of Jimmy Howard seems to suck something out of our attack.

Also, Helm was a s*** show with the puck.

Went back and "watched the tape." Conclusion: this one's on the coaches. All of those ill-advised low-percentage passes through the hash marks in the o-zone, using four forwards on the PP - we weren't protecting our lead, we were trying to pad it, and we had opened up our play in order to do get it done. It was almost like we were the ones in comeback mode. "Well, we're up a goal/tied, so obviously we're gonna have to start being more aggressive and taking some chances if we want to get back in this thing." That's not how you work with a tenuous late lead in this league with the opposition pressing relentlessly. You do what we did to Montreal: you shut it down, take no chances, force the other side to open up its play.

About Monster - I do think his record is somewhat misleading in that we seem to give him a lot more help in the goal-scoring department. For whatever reasons, playing in front of Jimmy Howard seems to suck something out of our attack.

Also, Helm was a s*** show with the puck.

The coaches didn't tell Alfredsson and Nyquist that they should both drop down low on that PP, and if they try to sit on a lead, everyone screams about playing it safe and a lack of killer instinct. Nor did they make Eaves go cover the same guy Smith had on another goa. That said, I understand that it's an advantage to have a RH shot on the point, but at that point of the game they should have had 2 D on the points regardless of their shooting hand.

RE: Helm. He's never had good hands. That's why he's a 3rd line center, not a #2 guy.