Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Trade Weiss for anything we can get for him. Same for Kindl and Andersson

#42 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

If anyone except Cleary is the healthy scratch its a near travesty!

Honestly...WHO is playing worse hockey that he is right now? Its not about heart or want...he has all of that but ffs, he cant skate, he cant score, he cant hold on to the puck....honestly, I have no idea why we have him. The guy is a heart and soul guy but c'me on...he is DONE! His signing was absurd and playing him now would be even more absurd.

Its gotta be Clears....no one else makes sense.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#43 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

you can give up on tootoo, emmerton, cleary bertuzzi, hell...even kindl...but dont give up on weiss yet.

that guy went through the wringer in the last year and a half.

lockout.....wrist injury....missed rest of season.

signed on to new team with new style from being focal point to second fiddle. (different linemates every other game)

groin injury slowed him down, always feared making mistakes (and slowed groin) kept him from being who he was.

then injury took him out...again.

he was never an "alfredsson type"  so that comparison isnt fair. (not a "carry the team-leader" kinda guy)

chemistry and team style are huge in this league for player performance. he may never work out here....but he needs a good stretch of (healthy) time with the team before we all give up.

the red wings have a lot of players that "could" out perform somewhere else...or completely flop. (see...leino) flop-success-flop

back in the 80's players played their strengths...scorers...scored. not much back checking. but as skills elevated across the board, players are now forced to play all-around 2-way games. limiting the gifted ones to lower numbers and the game suffers.

ask yzerman.

yes, he became one of the greatest leaders of all time...but his numbers went south when he played the 2-way game.

weiss has been asked to play the "wings way" and that may not be the style that elevates him in our graces.

we may be forcing stamkos to play like maltby.

just my 2 cents.

so...go on...hit me with yours.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#44 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Play: Datsyuk, Z, Alfie, tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Sheahan, Abby, helm, Glendenning, Andersson, and Miller. Everyone else can sit or leave. yes some are hurt and need to get healthy, but that may be a while yet. Once everyone is 100%, if ever, play those 12. the only one in question is Weiss. if/when he gets healthy, sit Miller and play him. That is our best lineup for this year. maybe franzen plays instead of either Glendenning or Andersson. But that is about it. That is also 14 forwards, which fits the roster.

#45 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Maybe Franzen plays?  Give me a break.  I get it, he doesn't play hard every game.  He still scores around 25 goals a year.  You don't just bench that.

That's ignoring that because of cap and roster reason, they can't keep Jurco, Glendening, and Sheahn up if everyone is healthy.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#46 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Maybe Franzen plays?  Give me a break.  I get it, he doesn't play hard every game.  He still scores around 25 goals a year.  You don't just bench that.

That's ignoring that because of cap and roster reason, they can't keep Jurco, Glendening, and Sheahn up if everyone is healthy.

right i mean look these kids will be great for us in a few years but even without them we are pretty stacked when healthy i if weiss doesnt produce than fine we can always scratch him for a sheahan and same with jurco for franzen come playoff time but otherwise the kids will have to be sent back down and be patent besides i wont be surprised if holland tries to move andy anyways to bring shehan up to play 3rd or 4th line center 

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#47 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hopefully Holland and Babcock do the right thing and play the right people.  Its too bad that these kids have exemptions left in them because that is the only reason they will be returned to GR. When all healthy, this is what your roster SHOULD look like (without trading anyone)

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Abdelkader - Weiss - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Sheahan - Eaves

Andersson

unfortunately it will be:

Z -D - Franz

Cleary - Weiss - Alfie

Nyquist - Helm - Bertuzzi

Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

Tatar/Eaves

...which would put them $1.1M OVER the cap, so they would have to send Eaves back down and his $1.2M. So they would have this crappy lineup and only $100,000 in cap space.

Edited by LeftWinger, 28 January 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#48 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Hopefully Holland and Babcock do the right thing and play the right people.  Its too bad that these kids have exemptions left in them because that is the only reason they will be returned to GR. When all healthy, this is what your roster SHOULD look like (without trading anyone)

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Abdelkader - Weiss - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Sheahan - Eaves

Andersson/Bertuzzi

unfortunately it will be:

Z -D - Franz

Cleary - Weiss - Alfie

Nyquist - Helm - Bertuzzi

Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

Tatar/Eaves

Lefty my man, you're just being melodramatic if you think Tatar's ever going to be a healthy scratch again.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"