• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Andersson v. Sheahan

Rate this topic

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is probably true, but I believe he is a natural winger who converted to center. It is possible that Babs moves him to wing and drops sheahan down to the 4th.

Why do our best players/prospects play center???

Because the best players usually end up at center where they can control the play more, if they're not d-men or goalies. But the best prospects aren't centers. Jarnkrok is the only center we have right now that projects to be more than a 3rd line guy. Mantha, Jurco, Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, Marchenko, Mrazek, Athanasiou, Pulkkinen are all looking like top 6 wingers/top 4D, or in Mrazek's case a potential starting goalie. After Jarnkrok, Sehahan is their best center, and despite his production lately, he projects to be more of a 3rd line defensive guy. A few weeks of higher than normal offensive play doesn't make up for a few years of below average production at ND and in GR. Glendening is possibly the closest to NHL ready, but he's a 4th line grinder. Ferraro has speed and works hard, but he's taken a step back offensively this year. Andersson is big, but he's about as hard as a marshmallow and doesn't have the hands to play an offensive game. Big, soft, defensive centers aren't in high demand. Janmark is the only other center who has any chance at being a top 6 guy, and he's a few years away and might end up at wing.

Sheahan long term. better all around player. BTW send Eaves back down, he ahs already cleared waivers. Wait on bringing Weiss back until after the trade deadline. Some issues solved.

If you're up 30 days or play 10 games you have to clear again. He probably won't be claimed though, and if he is it saves the Wings some cap space later.

Andersson is not as good as Sheahan. Sheahan might get sent down but hes gonig to be back in soon. The wings are going to move some bodies out, I know its Holland but theres no way they dont make room for some of these kids.

Andersson will have some trade value, he could be used in a package for sure or just get a third or 4th rounder for him and put Sheahan in the line up. Your team improves and you aquire an extra pick in the draft. At 6'2, 24 years of age and some solid minutes on a good PK I dont see how a team like Edmonton doesnt at least be interested in Andersson.

I love both. Really tough decision. I'd go with Andersson because Sheahan has not had enough time to prove to me that he will maintain. Andersson is solid and should stay solid. Of course if Sheahan keeps playing like he has recently, he has more potential than Andersson ever will. I think Andersson is quite under-rated and just happens to be a perfect player for his role (3rd/4th line center with speed/grinding/PK).

Edited by themcityblues

Red Wings cannot afford to send down Sheahan the way he has played. Him and Tatar are crashing the net and doing most things the veterans are not. Andersson will not be sent down but he should be moved to fourth line. I would scratch Miller before Andersson, Eaves or Glendening but Glendening is most likely to be sent down.

I don't see Weiss on the playoff roster if we do make it. He is going to be coming off another injury. Not sure how he'll do better than he was and he was pretty much useless. We are gonna need energy for the playoffs and we have enough kids to make that happen. I'd love to see Cleary and Bertuzzi off this roster eventually asap.

Tatar, Datsyuk,Alfredsson

Franzen, Z, Nyquist

Sheahan, Helm,Abdelkader

Miller, Andersson, Glendening

This would be my ideal lineup. Not bad if everyone can stay healthy.

Pretty sure Sheahan plays LW and Glendening plays RW...

I do believe that Sheahan was playing on Ferraro's wing quite a bit down in GR this season. IF it ultimately comes down to who gets a spot between Sheahan & Andersson, I just think that Riley has a few more tools in his toolbox than Andy.

I guess tonight should put some of this to rest, especially in terms of the minimal votes Andersson received. Both players will be playing with good linemates and Andersson will be paired against one of the two top lines for Philly. Lets hope he is a better player than the majority of us think he is.

I guess tonight should put some of this to rest, especially in terms of the minimal votes Andersson received. Both players will be playing with good linemates and Andersson will be paired against one of the two top lines for Philly. Lets hope he is a better player than the majority of us think he is.

Agreed.

Tonight's gonna be the eye test for them.

They're going to be thinking of what to do long term here and if andy can show he can play stronger and step up with everyone out...

He's an amazing penalty killer, And great on face offs.

Plus I dont really get the sheahan vs andersson thing.

Andy's supposed to be our fourth line center.

So unless its already a forgone conclusion that he's moving to wing, i think its more glendenning or Andy.

Sheahans proven himself as an effective 3rd line c, quite possibly 2nd line worthy already.

So I'd say its more helm vs sheahan.

Which in the future I'd kind of like to see helm move over to wing to take some of the load off him, plus wings do less banging, especially when you've got a big fast guy like sheahan centering the line.

And a combo of helm Tatar and sheahan would be so fast amd hard to play against.

Nothing against jurco, cuz he kind of completes that line IMO, the skill to dazzle with tats, AND the size/speed/grit to compliment sheahan, who's also shown some good skill.

If they continue to look this good.

You can't break them up, but I'm unsure whether or not they can keep this up with any prolonged consistency.

And if we do ever get healthy, which is a big if, then jurco will be a casualty of the cap/roster situation.