• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Wings interested in parenteau ?

Rate this topic

Thefourthperiod.com listed the wings as one of 3 teams interested in parenteau .... God only knows why , I think it would be a huge mistake .... If anything they should maybe pursue detroit native legwand instead (fourth period also reporting he might get dealt)

Might fit well on the 2nd line with his size ... Anyways no to parenteau for me

Link? The only thing on TFP regarding Parenteau is a dead link....

Also this probably belongs in the Trade Rumours forum.

Ya didn't wanna work .... Click on the rumors topic on top then click on read more where parenteau is mentioned and it then lists redwings Ottawa and montreal as teams interested Edited by nyqvististhefuture

its the other way around. Its Colorado who turned down that deal...with good reason. Bourque is lazy, the Habs just want to get rid of him.

Id love to see Parenteau with the Wings, but i don't know why Colorado want to trade him. Why should they make any trade the way they are going right now ?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/27/report-montreal-rejects-avs-offer-of-parenteau-for-rene-bourque/

^yup.

also says they might want a D-man for P.A..... quincy back to the avs? :ninja:

That would work salary cap wise if you want to go with 6 D. He's not coming here, Wings don't need that kind of player. They either need a D upgrade (shipping Quincey or Kindl out) or a scoring winger with some size. Parentau is neither.

That would work salary cap wise if you want to go with 6 D. He's not coming here, Wings don't need that kind of player. They either need a D upgrade (shipping Quincey or Kindl out) or a scoring winger with some size. Parentau is neither.

Agreed. I do wonder why we're "one of three teams interested" though..

Although I haven't actually seen that anywhere

If we can get him, yes do it. PA is a very good player. he is gritty, scores, and is RHed. yes it would be nicer if he was 6-2/210 like say..... Ryan, but he would help. he would be a better option at RW with Z and Datsyuk than Abby is. Last uear he was the top scoring UGA that signed in the summer of 2012. he had more points than Parise for half the money. His last 3 completed seasons he scored 20, 18, and 18 goals.

wonder if quincy + andersson gets it done..?

sure it sounds like we're just getting rid of a bad d man but ya never know.. he did have a lot more success there than here.

and andy is a solid bottom 6 center. maybe sweeten the deal a little with a low pick?

Just a reference. PA is 6-0/195 RHed and 30 years old. last 3 seasons he scored 20, 18, and 18 in goals, and played all but 1 game in those 3 years. he makes 4 million per season.

Ryan Callahan: 5-11/190 RHed 28 years old and will soon be making 7 million per year. Over the last 3 seasons he has scored: 23, 29, 16 goals. he has also missed 21 games.

yes Callahan is considered to be a great player. But is he worth 3 million more per season? No. PA is a very good and cap friendly option vs Callahan.