• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/28 GDT: Red Wings 0 @ Flyers 5

Rate this topic

No Datsyuk, no Zetterberg, no Franzen, maybe no Howard. I feel like someone needs to be fired.

Howard's backing up gus tonight, I read that jimmy expects to start Friday.

I kinda think we should throw Franzen on ltir, then call up Callahan....

But i dunno the severity of z, or Franzen, or when dats will be back, so it may be pointless.

But with the success our kids have had, is rather try another one that we need to figure out the future of playing than cleary.

& the most "man games lost to injury"

(meaning each game that a player misses is added together all year (ex.) Tonight we have 4 "man games lost")

Last I saw they were behind Pitt and a couple other teams, although they may have caught up by now.

Seriously, as pissed as I am about Tatar's playing time vs. Cleary or the other grinders, if the Wings make the playoffs Babcock deserves the Adams, handsdown.

Datsyuk - Out

Zetterberg - Out

Weiss - Out

Franzen - Out

Emmerton - Out

All guys who have played center for us this season.

Olympic break couldn't come any sooner.

If the kids can pull it off tonight it would a big boost for their confidence and maybe Holland will finally cut the dead weight in the offseason and put some of the young guys on the main roster.

In all reality our lines are

Tatar sheahan jurco

Nyquist andy abby

Cleary helm alfie

Eaves glend miller

Not bad, but I'd make a couple changes:

Tatar-Tinky-Jurco (DON'T TOUCH EVER!)

Nyquist-Helm-Alfie (speed-speed-smart)

Eaves-Glendening-Abs (sandpaper line)

Cleary-Andy-Miller (keep the ineffictiveness to 1 line)

Why is Alfie on the third? Shouldn't he be on the top line? Or playing with some kids to provide balance? I don't get why they'd stick him with Cleary and Helm. He could be deadly playing with a kid, and his defense could make up for a kids' rookie mistakes.

Andersson can't play on the first line -- he is too slow and provides very little offensively. Move Helm up at least to center Gus and Abby. Then you probably have to swap Miller and Cleary too because Cleary and Andersson together would be quite painful to watch.

Love watching the kids play, but enough is enough with having to lose our best players in the process. Thankfully Gus, Tatar, Sheahan and Jurco have kept the season alive with their contributions. The Red Wings struggle enough to score goals and imagine if those guys weren't around to boost the team offensively.

No Z, Pavel, Mule, Weiss or Howard. Good times.

Edited by GoWings1905

Not bad, but I'd make a couple changes:

Tatar-Tinky-Jurco (DON'T TOUCH EVER!)

Nyquist-Helm-Alfie (speed-speed-smart)

Eaves-Glendening-Abs (sandpaper line)

Cleary-Andy-Miller (keep the ineffictiveness to 1 line)

I agree with you on Cleary on the fourth, but w the push by the kids, we gotta see what we can get out of Andy...

So sticking him with fourth line duties, and tying the anchor of Cleary on his leg is counter productive.

Gotta give him a legitimate shot at keeping his spot.

But as the game goes on, if its not effective then I agree, Cleary and Andy should be relegated to less than 8 mins..

HA!

My biggest concern right now is Jurco has had some questionable defensive series, and going against the top line with only sheahan as a true 200 foot player makes me a bit nervous, yet excited because weve all seen how amazingly this line has stepped up. And lets face it.

The chemistry on this line is the best we've seen from a 3 man unit in quite some time.

I slightly expect helms line to be slated in against the Giroux line, but id like to see what the kids could do against em.

Tatars defensive game isnt perfect, but hes improved drastically over the course of the season.

Jurco just makes rookie mistakes, but he's learning so fast and he makes up for his gaffes almost immediately.

And I literally cant say enough good things about sheahan.

If we could've had him in last year playing like this, wed have got past chicago, hes what this team has needed for awhile.

200ft game, solid positionally with Grit, speed, size, strength, good faceoff guy, responsible, and he does have a damn good shot and has shown a pretty underrated set of hands.

Jurco's still my favorite kid of the future, but he could be sent down when people come back and I'd understand why.

But if Sheahan goes down ill be baffled.

Edit: somehow it posted twice, so I had to fix that.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

No Datsyuk, no Zetterberg, no Franzen, maybe no Howard. I feel like someone needs to be fired.

Can't, both Babs and Holland are on LTIR. They aggravated their golfing elbows in preparation for spring.