• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/28 GDT: Red Wings 0 @ Flyers 5

Rate this topic

When people wonder why I don't have faith in Holland in the cap era, it's because he continues to struggle and ultimately fail to fill holes left by important veterans. People defend him because we still make the playoffs, but what worries me is that we're largely still a team that can compete because of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and we're really not going to have those guys playing at their current level if they're even still playing in 3-4 years. And this team has been all too capable of falling apart even when we've had them in the lineup! If Holland can't figure out how to bring in top-end talent before they hit the age of 40, games like this won't necessarily become the norm, but they'll become a lot less irregular. This team will be profoundly more lost than they are now when Dats and Z leave or lose their current effectiveness, and that day isn't nearly as far away as it once was, and the more we struggle in the meantime, the harder it's going to be to sell guys on this team.

And I'm not bringing it up now because we lost 5-0. I'm bringing it up now because we lost 5-0 in a game without Datsyuk, Z and Franzen while most of the guys we've spent descent money on signing for depth the last few years still aren't even in the lineup, while the ones who are playing are generally terrible. Something is seriously wrong when you're spending millions on guys that aren't contributing at all and sweating money and getting cheap when it comes to signing bigger name guys that could make a real difference and be leaders and make guys around them better.

Good post.

Another point about the whole injury thing is this: AGE

this is an older club now, so injuries are going to happen more frequently wheter we like it or not thats the reality. Z and Pasha are so far above everyone else on this team it's a blessing but also very concering in the longrun and even mid run.

Now we get to hear Babs get grilled with hardball questions by John Keating. Instead of asking him why the Wings PP doesn't have a clue, Keating will ask one of his patented "how" questions - "How big a loss is this tonight?" Keating is as big a loser as the team he covers.

You understand that if Keating says something to piss the Wings management off he will be fired, right?

Dirty play ? Abdelkader gets absolutely grid at not one guy on that pussybuilt team took an examption or went after the guy. The only one who opened his mouth was Tatar, once of our young guns . Back in the good ol days Downie would have had something to say about stuff like that. This is team is the most boring team in the whole league when they are getting blown out, no emotion no fire..like I said crosscheck, hit, fight and just create energy for the next game but no, nothing. The score is bad but I am more pissed off that this team does not stick up for eachother, to put it simple they are not a bunch ready to go to war for each other.

Did you read his post? He didn't say anything about that hit. It was very general and clearly was just anger about losing and the other team playing better.

And, as I said, I have no issue with standing up for team mates. So, I have no argument for you there.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the post, though. Well, if you or Detroit # Fan are only saying that you wish that the Wings would have stood up for their team mate after the dirty hit, then we are in agreement.

If, however, you think that they should have been trying to goon it up if that hit hadn't occurred and just because they sucked at hockey tonight and got beat by a team that played better, then I disagree and see my previous post.

Did you read his post? He didn't say anything about that hit. It was very general and clearly was just anger about losing and the other team playing better.

And, as I said, I have no issue with standing up for team mates. So, I have no argument for you there.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the post, though. Well, if you or Detroit # Fan are only saying that you wish that the Wings would have stood up for their team mate after the dirty hit, then we are in agreement.

If, however, you think that they should have been trying to goon it up if that hit hadn't occurred and just because they sucked at hockey tonight and got beat by a team that played better, then I disagree and see my previous post.

That's not gooning it up. It's building team solidarity. Sort of a male bonding thing.

so thats the red wings in 4 years eh

wings dont deserve to make the playoffs

In 4 years we won't have Cleary, Quincey, Tuzzi, Sammy, Tootoo buried, Eaves bouncing back and forth not being claimed on waivers, Miller may be gone, Andersson will play his was further down the depth chart.

We'll likely have Mantha, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, with options for Backman as well, Mrazek pushing Howard, or starting, Paterson pushing them both, gritty young guys like Tuzzi Jr and Nastasiuk pushing our bottom 6 for their jobs.

We won't have Dats likely in 4 years, and an aging Z, but we still have a lot of good young players and all we need is for a couple high quality free agents to say hey, I wanna play in Detroit. It's not like we're never gonna get another big free agent again.

Another point about the whole injury thing is this: AGE this is an older club now, so injuries are going to happen more frequently wheter we like it or not thats the reality. Z and Pasha are so far above everyone else on this team it's a blessing but also very concering in the longrun and even mid run.

Agreed. And yet, the weird thing about this season's inuries is that age doesn't really seem to be the main issue. I mean, it certainly doesn't help. But plenty of our younger players have been bit by the bug as well. It's weird.

Wings sucked golf balls through a garden hose tonight, but as many of their top players are out and as many kids are in paying major roles, that's to be expected. What boggles my mind is how Dan Cleary played almost 15 minutes at even strength.

Watching the Jets/Preds game now and it's so nice to see a team finish checks. Bufugyleeieian, Setaguchi and Ladd are just hammering guys. Wish our guys did that.

esteef

I'm watching it too. Man the Jets hit a lot. You like them don't you? :lol:

I'll tell you one thing, they'd be a pain in the ass in a 7 game series. Sheifele finally plays like an NHLer.

The Jets are my favorite Canadian team for sure.They have somehow ideal combination of small skilled guys and big physical one.

The lack of quality goal tending is killing them though.Anyway I'd trade Howard for Ladd or Wheeler without thinking twice :lol:

The Jets are my favorite Canadian team for sure.They have somehow ideal combination of small skilled guys and big physical one.

The lack of quality goal tending is killing them though.Anyway I'd trade Howard for Ladd or Wheeler without thinking twice :lol:

Though the Jets would not trade those 2 for Howard. Maybe Howard and Nyquist or Tatar, but not 2 for 1.