Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Is this debacle over yet?

#262 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

i just cant get over  tonight I agree with us having to make moves but not pavs that's stupid

Edited by sjr2012, 28 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#263 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

well...  I am going to switch over the State of the Union drinking game.  This is getting depressing

#264 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts

The Wings have no passion what so ever, no drive to the net, no scrums after the whistle, no cycle game down low. Just going thru the motions.

Yes because scrums after the whistle qualify as having passion....

It is called showing heart, something this team needs. Start to crosscheck, fight, hit the game is over just some damn emotion

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#265 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Yes because scrums after the whistle qualify as having passion....

Absolutely they do. It shows that you're pissed off that the guys you're playing are kicking your ass all over the rink and on the score board. The Wings lose like a bunch of wimps, they take it lying down. It doesn't hurt anything to show some goddamn moxie and be pissed off that you're losing an important game to a conference rival that is going to take an important 2 points from you. And I'm sure someone will say "Well they should be focused on scoring goals... not starting scrums/fights" Well, clearly they aren't doing a good job at the whole scoring goals thing, so do something! Don't roll over and die like they do.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 28 January 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#266 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Pavel Datsyuk is one of the most special players ever to lace up a pair of skates.  He can do things that make most guys wake up from their dream covered in Tatar sauce.  To think the amount of people saying it's time to trade him when we are watching a game where we're missing Dats, Z, Mule, Weiss and Howard's also not playing and the kids have hit 3 or 4 posts is completely absurd.  You don't trade a guy like Datsyuk, ever.  He's loyal to the team and deserves to stay for his whole career just like Stevie Y and Lids, and just like Zetterberg will.

if Gretzky can be traded so can Pavel

#267 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

This was a statement game. That said we could play a halfway decent team and win without zetterberg n datsyuk. And we get embarassed.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg, maybe. But Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen? That's happy-to-score-a-single-goal territory. JOAKIM ANDERSSON is our first-line center.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#268 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

if Gretzky can be traded so can Pavel

Yeah, let's follow the Oilers path.  One by one the players left and after the Messier lead Cup, they've been a joke for the past 20 years. Good call.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#269 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Gustavsson, the defense and Babs are to blame. Offense obviously could've been better, but four or five posts could've easily gone the other way.

Why Helm and Alfie weren't the go-to guys tonight boggles my mind.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#270 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Absolutely they do. It shows that you're pissed off that the guys you're playing are kicking your ass all over the rink and on the score board. The Wings lose like a bunch of wimps, they take it lying down. It doesn't hurt anything to show some goddamn moxie and be pissed off that you're losing an important game to a conference rival that is going to take an important 2 points from you. And I'm sure someone will say "Well they should be focused on scoring goals... not starting scrums/fights" Well, clearly they aren't doing a good job at the whole scoring goals thing, so do something! Don't roll over and die like they do.

Beware the fury of a patient man... Scotty Bowman
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#271 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Trade this entire line forth line for Calgarys please

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#272 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Sheesh

#273 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

ha ha Gus

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#274 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

We're pathetic

#275 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Where's Tootoo?  He'd be good at that sorta thing.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#276 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

No Z, very little chance to win. They simply can't withstand Z's absence, especially in combination with Pavel out too. Z has to come back soon.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#277 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Big E, -4 tonight..

#NOMOREKINDL

#278 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Epic meltf******down

#279 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Trolololololol

*eye roll*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#280 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Must be nice for these other teams to have their top players actually in the lineup
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!