• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#341 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,155 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Another point about the whole injury thing is this: AGE this is an older club now, so injuries are going to happen more frequently wheter we like it or not thats the reality. Z and Pasha are so far above everyone else on this team it's a blessing but also very concering in the longrun and even mid run.

Agreed. And yet, the weird thing about this season's inuries is that age doesn't really seem to be the main issue. I mean, it certainly doesn't help. But plenty of our younger players have been bit by the bug as well. It's weird.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#342 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Wings sucked golf balls through a garden hose tonight, but as many of their top players are out and as many kids are in paying major roles, that's to be expected.  What boggles my mind is how Dan Cleary played almost 15 minutes at even strength.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#343 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Kenny Holland and Babcock don't like fighting.  They don't seem to care if their players don't stand up for fallen teammates either.  

This.

I understand the need to draft 'quality' players in todays NHL; it's always a smart move to pick a player whom you feel has the best ability/attitude to making it all the way.

Now with all that said...This team lacks an identity, and has it's fair share of those who lack 'snarl' when the team is down, or when the opponents take liberties.

I honestly cannot blame the players since many aren't accustomed to this style of hockey; I place the blame with Holland who would rather draft a 5 foot sumthin 150 lbs kid outta 'Eurostan' instead of some 6'3" 210 lbs kid from Windsor, and also shift some blame onto Babcock for not using someone such as Tootoo in these games, but again - they're looking to win games, and not grudge matches...It's too bad they can't win either.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#344 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Watching the Jets/Preds game now and it's so nice to see a team finish checks.  Bufugyleeieian, Setaguchi and Ladd are just hammering guys.  Wish our guys did that.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#345 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Watching the Jets/Preds game now and it's so nice to see a team finish checks.  Bufugyleeieian, Setaguchi and Ladd are just hammering guys.  Wish our guys did that.

esteef

I'm watching it too.  Man the Jets hit a lot. You like them don't you?  :lol:

I'll tell you one thing, they'd be a pain in the ass in a 7 game series.  Sheifele finally plays like an NHLer.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#346 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

they're looking to win games, and not grudge matches...It's too bad they can't win either.

Sometimes in order to win, you've got to get a little dirt under your fingernails...

This team has zero grit.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#347 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

The Jets are my favorite Canadian team for sure.They have somehow ideal combination of small skilled guys and big physical one.

The lack of quality goal tending is killing them though.Anyway I'd trade Howard for Ladd or Wheeler without thinking twice :lol:

#348 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,155 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

This team has zero grit.

Come on, it's not THAT bad.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#349 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

f*** you Ken Holland for reducing a once great team to this.

#350 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

Way to bounce back after that debacle against Florida. Geez..if Howard was in we would've probably beaten the Flyers like 8-0.

#351 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

The Jets are my favorite Canadian team for sure.They have somehow ideal combination of small skilled guys and big physical one.

The lack of quality goal tending is killing them though.Anyway I'd trade Howard for Ladd or Wheeler without thinking twice :lol:

Though the Jets would not trade those 2 for Howard.  Maybe Howard and Nyquist or Tatar, but not 2 for 1.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#352 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,155 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

What I wouldn't give to have Blake Wheeler on our team. Huge, fast, goal-scorer, right-handed, right-winger, young, American. It's not fair.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#353 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

I had to turn this abomination off after the second period, I just couldn't put myself through another period. To keep my sanity I'll just pretend this game didn't happen. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#354 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Sad

Edited by TimeBinder, 28 January 2014 - 11:10 PM.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#355 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

f*** you Ken Holland for reducing a once great team to this.

I smell changes coming soon...

IPB Image

#356 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

embarrassing affair tonight. 

why couldn't Tim Thomas let in 6 against us the other night instead of tonight. ugh

#357 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

embarrassing affair tonight. 

why couldn't Tim Thomas let in 6 against us the other night instead of tonight. ugh

Well, he did let in 4 against us.  Gustavsson (and/or the D depending on your opinion) just didn't hold up his part of the bargain...... which is still better than tonight, when no one in red and white held up their end.

#358 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I smell changes coming soon...

That's just the Red Wings stink. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#359 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

What I wouldn't give to have Blake Wheeler on our team. Huge, fast, goal-scorer, right-handed, right-winger, young, American. It's not fair.

Full of confidence, cocky, American? I like that.

wolf.jpg

#360 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Come on, it's not THAT bad.

Actually it is. When you get to the point of predicting losses, it's time to start focusing on the problem. Some people will blame the coach, others will blame the defense/goalie. Fact is all these games we lose are in fact winnable if we work harder and show some emotion.

I wouldn't mind losing as bad if we earned the loss, rather than giving the opposition the win.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"