• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BadgerBob

Franzen Placed on IR

Rate this topic

I don't see him back, I hate to say it. I don't know what will be done with him, but I don't believe he'll play again. I don't dislike the guy, so I hope I'm wrong.

You are really taking a cliff dive into a wild conclusion. It is way to early to make such bold statements.

I don't see him back, I hate to say it. I don't know what will be done with him, but I don't believe he'll play again. I don't dislike the guy, so I hope I'm wrong.

I definitely hope it isn't that bad, but if he were never to be able to play again how would that impact the Wings financially? Could they do the same thing the Flyers do with Pronger and keep him on LTIR as opposed to him retiring? Either way I just hope he's healthy enough to not ever go through what Pronger does.

How is it he was cleared so quick? Be cautious with concussions, especially when it's one of our best forwards. Rather he had sat out against Florida and continued to heal as opposed to getting him back for an assist and one point. These injuries are going to kill us, just too many to our important guys.

That is it...this guy obviously cannot get his head healthy. He needs to hang em up. Either that or LTIR for the rest of the season and re-evaluate this summer. If he cannot play, he cannot play. No use in taking up a valuable roster spot and $3.9M that can go towards making this team better. He is done, head is gone. If he gets another hard hit, he may be scrambled eggs. Retire Franzen...call it. Lets move on...

...guess they will recall Sammy now? :ninja:

That is it...this guy obviously cannot get his head healthy. He needs to hang em up. Either that or LTIR for the rest of the season and re-evaluate this summer. If he cannot play, he cannot play. No use in taking up a valuable roster spot and $3.9M that can go towards making this team better. He is done, head is gone. If he gets another hard hit, he may be scrambled eggs. Retire Franzen...call it. Lets move on...

...guess they will recall Sammy now? :ninja:

You've been calling for him to be bought out all year, to me you are just using this as another excuse to say the same thing. He obviously was cleared to play too soon, I doubt this is career ending

This is tough.

We need to just throw him on ltir and let him get healthy, then do what someone else suggested with Cleary.

Bring him back with five or six games left in the season, let him get back into shape and see if he can keep himself onthe ice/get himself hot.

Assuming were not still struggling to stay in the playoff picture.

And does anyone know if him being on ir restricts anything for him in the Olympics, or if its different on ltir?

Cuz he needs to get healthy for the team.

He was only symptom free for 3f****** days, what dumbass decided that it was a good idea to let him play. Hasn't the medical staff learned by now that you don't f*** around with concussions. I'm baffled by the incompetence.

3 days is enough. At that point another day or two isn't going to matter, and more than a week is overkill. It's not like he woke up the day after he was having headaches and said "I feel good, put me in." He was doing everything in practice that he needed to do for those 3 days.

I think his rush to get back on the ice should improve certain peoples' view of his work ethic. He knew Zetterberg was going to miss and tried his best to step up. He played well, but was obviously still not healthy. That's what we want out of him though, right? Sacrifice? I hope he gets healthy.

I think his rush to get back on the ice should improve certain peoples' view of his work ethic. He knew Zetterberg was going to miss and tried his best to step up. He played well, but was obviously still not healthy. That's what we want out of him though, right? Sacrifice? I hope he gets healthy.

I was impressed by his work ethic at c all year, and am proud of his toughness to try to get back.

But he's a home grown guy, so I care more about his health at this point...

Kinda like helm.

I want them in the lineup cuz were better with them in, but not if it means cutting years off their career or affects their quality of life after the game.

3 days is enough. At that point another day or two isn't going to matter

Disagree.

He has a history of concussion issues. And this one - which wasn't even the result of a big hit - had already sidelined him for 15 or 16 games. So, fairly serious situation. You'd think they'd err on the side of caution, especially since standard procedure calls for, I believe, a soft minimum of five straight symptom-free days.

Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, and Andersson. That's an awesome center group right there. :censored::ranting::angry:

Now this I agree with.

3 days is enough. At that point another day or two isn't going to matter, and more than a week is overkill. It's not like he woke up the day after he was having headaches and said "I feel good, put me in." He was doing everything in practice that he needed to do for those 3 days.

Well apparently it mattered a lot. Players are notorious liars, they want to play all the time. Its up to the medical staff to make sure that the player is healthy enough to play and with Franzen they dropped the ball.

At what point do we start holding these guys responsible? Weiss kept playing hurt until he finally had to have surgery, Gus keeps getting hurt every other week I could go on and on. There are some on this site that have were calling for Babs and Holland to be fired. While I'm not calling for their heads but when is the training staff going to take some responsibility, not all the injuries have happened because of bad luck.

You gotta think this pretty much rules him out for the Olympics.

Which sucks for Franzen as he wasn't part of 2006, but at least the Olympic break will give him another 3 weeks to heal up.

Jesus Christ. I hope Franzen gets better but damn this season has been horrible. These injuries are a nightmare. It sucks for the team and for us as fans we cannot enjoy watching our teams full potential.

This forum has a really thin grasp of concussion it seems. He can't will himself better. Concussion hit you no matter how tough you are, and your recovery has nothing to do with your willpower or your strength.

Yup. And as someone who has had multiple concussions, you never know what can trigger a relapse after you come off one. you can be perfectly fine doing a bunch of strenuous exercise, think you're over it, and a day or two later they're back. Your options are never do anything because they might come back or if you feel better try to get back to normal life and hope for the best.