• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BadgerBob

Franzen Placed on IR

Rate this topic

Just out of curiosity, isn't it possible that nothing nefarious happened and that Franzen simply had a reoccurrence of symptoms which had subsided consistently over the previous week, culminating in three straight days without symptoms at all?

Is that really such an extraordinary sequence of events?

Just out of curiosity, isn't it possible that nothing nefarious happened and that Franzen simply had a reoccurrence of symptoms which had subsided consistently over the previous week, culminating in three straight days without symptoms at all? Is that really such an extraordinary sequence of events?
It sounds like that's exactly what happened. You could come back after 3 good days and be fine or wait 3 weeks and have issues.
Put him on LTIR so we have some room to make moves. Leave him there until after the trade deadline when there is no cap. same with Weiss.
He is on IR but I think the cap is still in effect until the playoffs.

Can the DRW prevent him from playing in the Olympics? If they can, they should.

He shouldn't see the ice until after the Olympics. The DRW pay his salary, not Sweden.

That being said, I hope Sweden and Russia bow out early and do not make the medal rounds. Let the Canadians get beat up.

DD yes he is on IR, then his salary counts. On LTIR it doesn't. The day after the trading deadline, there is no cap until next season.

I don't think this is accurate, but I'm not an expert.

I think the way it works is as follows:

• If a player is placed on LTIR, his salary still counts towards the cap, the team is simply albe to exceed the cap by that player's cap hit (assuming they were right at the cap to begin with).
  • However, if they replace his salary with a new player, they'd need to remove players from the active roster before he is able to come back from LTIR.
  • In terms of trade deadline, I don't think that has any impact at all. I think the cap needs to be applied until the end of the season (regular season I think).

In terms of no cap until the following year, that's not true either, I think there are off season cap rules.

In terms of no cap until the following year, that's not true either, I think there are off season cap rules.

According to capgeek.com you're right:

Teams can exceed the salary cap's upper limit by 10 percent during the off-season. The following count toward the team's cap payroll:

• All players on one-way contracts, regardless of where (or if) they were playing the previous year.
  • All players on two-way contracts, in proportion to the number of days spent on an NHL roster the previous season.
  • All restricted free agents who have been extended a qualifying offer (while the offer is valid), with one-way qualifying offers counting in full and two-way qualifying offers counting as described in No. 2.
  • All restricted free agents signed to an offer sheet (such players count against the team extending the offer sheet while it is still valid).
  • All buyouts.

Example: A player with a cap hit of $500,000 and signed to a two-way contract was on an NHL roster for 94 days in the previous season, which was 188 days long. During the off-season, he will count [$500,000/188] x 94 = $250,000.

Example: A player with a cap hit of $1.25 million and signed to a one-way contract was assigned to the AHL in the previous season and spent no days on an NHL roster. The player will still count $1.25 million during the off-season.

Please note CapGeek.com does not yet calculate the off-season cap. Our off-season cap estimates are a projection of opening-day cap space.

Guest mjtm77

What's to think that? He played a good game and got some "symptoms" back. Lets hope we split games from now to the break and come out blazing when it counts

I normally hate grammar police...but I do have few pet peeves. It's "err" on the side of caution....as in: if you are going to make an "error"

While I have no problem being corrected when I make a mistake, I do take offense when someone that decides to correct another person also makes a grammer mistake during their correction. It should be: "I do have a few pet peeves". You can call that my pet peeve.

Edited by wings87

Franzen has backed out of the Olympics.

Guessing he'll be out until after the break then. Right decision, but obviously sucks for him. Could very likely have been his last chance.

Even though I rag on the guy, I've always been a fan. Feel bad for him.

Hopefully no one still thinks he's faking it... Hope mule gets healthy over the break and comes back a force to be reckoned with

Everybody who is out is faking it. Franzen just wants a vacation, Weiss doesn't want to admit he sucks, and everyone else is just resting for the Olympics. FACT! ;):sarcasm: