• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Hell no. Vanek is 30 year old winger on a fat contract.. There is no way I'd make that trade even if they could make it work cap wise. In another year or two Nyquist is going to be as good, maybe better because he's already more defensively responsible than Vanek.

^ This.

No way would I give up Nyquist for Vanek, as much as I would love seeing him in the Winged Wheel.

We need a top tier d-man more than anything, our kids are already starting to click and they only have room to grow.

Apparently we're going after Vanek which I would be okay with as long as we don't lose Tatar in the deal AND he agrees to resign. Honestly though if we're healthy we don't need a forward. I would trade Backman/Marchenko, Pulkkinen and our 1st for a #1/2 dman though. Probably have to sweeten the pot with a roster player though, Kindl or Q. Who knows if that would get us one, but that's where I'd start.

I'd offer the Flyers McKee, Cleary and Ferraro for Brayden Schenn. McKee fits their mould, they wanted Cleary in the offseason so they can have him and Ferraro could fit there as well as a 4th line C.

I know Holmgren is crazy, but he's not that crazy. No way do they do that.

Edited by BadgerBob

Apparently we're going after Vanek which I would be okay with as long as we don't lose Tatar in the deal AND he agrees to resign. Honestly though if we're healthy we don't need a forward. I would trade Backman/Marchenko, Pulkkinen and our 1st for a #1/2 dman though. Probably have to sweeten the pot with a roster player though, Kindl or Q. Who knows if that would get us one, but that's where I'd start.

no

Trade values seem to be pretty off around here. Let's look at last season's deadline while remembering the picks from that draft were worth much more.

Price for a proven top 6 forward:

Pominville + 4th = 1st, 2nd, Hackett, Larsson

Gaborik + depth = Brassard, Moore, Dorsett, 6th

Jagr = 2nd, Payne, McDermid

Roy = 2nd, Connauton

Clowe = 2nd, 2nd, 3rd

Iginla = 1st, Hanowski, Agostino

Morrow, 3rd = Morrow, 5th

Proven defencemen

Bouwmeester = 1st, 4th, Berra, Cundari

Regehr - 2nd, 2nd

Leopold = 2nd, 5th

Murray = 2nd, 2nd

no

Care to elaborate? If it's because the value on our side isn't enough make the roster player Smith. Bottom line is we need a top dman. That's what I would go after.

Edited by nawein

I'd trade anyone but Zetterberg, Helm, Dekeyser, Smith and Howard for a powerforward. Even Datsyuk. Then add an enforcer. The complexion of this team must change to compete in the east. This would be a start.

I just want to be clear, you'd trade Datsyuk for a powerforward but Smith is untouchable?

I just want to be clear, you'd trade Datsyuk for a powerforward but Smith is untouchable?

Yes. Detroit has played fairly well at times without Datsyuk this season (significantly better than without Zetterberg). Smith has improved a lot already but will only get better. He is yet to play a full season in the NHL and to trade him now would be incredibly stupid.

Yes. Detroit has played fairly well at times without Datsyuk this season (significantly better than without Zetterberg). Smith has improved a lot already but will only get better. He is yet to play a full season in the NHL and to trade him now would be incredibly stupid.

I mean, I get that Smith is going to improve. I agree actually, he'd almost have to. But apparently you think he's going to improve so much that you'd rather move Datsyuk than him? Do you really believe his ceiling is that high?

Are there any "veterans" who are about to retire or who have retired in the last 2 years that we can dump Tatar, Nyquist & Jurco for? That would be the only trade I can see Holland making. He doesn't even try anymore.

I mean, I get that Smith is going to improve. I agree actually, he'd almost have to. But apparently you think he's going to improve so much that you'd rather move Datsyuk than him? Do you really believe his ceiling is that high?

Well let's be honest Datsyuk is 35 and closer to the end of his career. I'm not sure what he'd be worth but if trading him means landing a top 6 power forward I would be interested. I think Smith has looked pretty good this season after a slow start. I think Smith can be every bit as good as Kronwall is and maybe more, so yes.

This might be the first tdl were the Wings are finally going to be sellers now the question is, who can bring in the most ?

Assuming Nyquist, Tatar are going nowhere without ridiculous overpayment

Thats leaves Alfie, Weiss, Mule as the next "high tier" players, because I don't think guys like Kindl, Abdelkader, Smith will return us a first rounder.

Well let's be honest Datsyuk is 35 and closer to the end of his career. I'm not sure what he'd be worth but if trading him means landing a top 6 power forward I would be interested. I think Smith has looked pretty good this season after a slow start. I think Smith can be every bit as good as Kronwall is and maybe more, so yes.

I'm sorry I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm just trying to follow your line of thought. You'd keep Smith because of his upside as a young defenseman, but you'd trade Dekeyser? I mean, doesn't he have even more defensive upside than Smith?

I'm sorry I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm just trying to follow your line of thought. You'd keep Smith because of his upside as a young defenseman, but you'd trade Dekeyser? I mean, doesn't he have even more defensive upside than Smith?

He say he would NOT trade Dekeyser or Smith and would trade Datsyuk right now for a top 6 power forward. I like his thinking for the right guy... Datsyuk is Datsyuk but he is getting closer to the end of his career and if his value could bring in that Shanahan type player we are missing I see it as a no brainer!

No, re-read my original post and you will find that Dekeyser's name is there too.

You don't trade Datsyuk. Around the league he is the PLAYERS choice for best player in the league. If ANYONE is going to want to come here and play, it's to be able to play with Datsyuk, not Zetterberg. I'm sorry, Zetterberg is a star, but he is an average star, there are a bunch of players in the NHL that I would rather have on this team than Zetterberg. Pav, is a Superstar, there is nobody in this league that is a better complete NHL superstar, and nobody you could offer me that I would trade him for...

I am not saying trade Zetterberg either, but if it came down to another "choice," Zetterberg would be the one to go everyday of the week.

You don't trade Datsyuk. Around the league he is the PLAYERS choice for best player in the league. If ANYONE is going to want to come here and play, it's to be able to play with Datsyuk, not Zetterberg. I'm sorry, Zetterberg is a star, but he is an average star, there are a bunch of players in the NHL that I would rather have on this team than Zetterberg. Pav, is a Superstar, there is nobody in this league that is a better complete NHL superstar, and nobody you could offer me that I would trade him for...

I am not saying trade Zetterberg either, but if it came down to another "choice," Zetterberg would be the one to go everyday of the week.

I hate to agree on this, but i do.

Detroit has a better record with Zetterberg only than Datsyuk only this season and I dont think it is coincidence. Now I dont necessarily want to trade Datsyuk (and I certainly dont expect it to happen) but it supports my standing that this team need a radical makeover.