• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Still, yes we need to do both. First we sell the old vets for whatecver we can get. Then use any extra picks and young prospects to add a couple of stars. Time for Holland to earn his paycheck. What have you done for me lately?

Still, yes we need to do both. First we sell the old vets for whatecver we can get.

What old vets can be sold?

Bertuzzi, Sammy, Emmerton, Eaves, Cleary, and Tootoo all pretty much have negative value to any other teams because they'd have to pay them.

You wouldn't get a draft pick for all of them combined.

Used to be a booth fan, and I'm saying y'all would be mad as herk if he came here now. Invisible on a good team.

IMO the need is at D. Sure we're lacking a top sniper, but the defensive depth on this team is 100% non existent. When Smith Quincey is your #2 pairing - you trade for a dman

Just read he's from Detroit. If he was effective in Florida,could he be effective again in Detroit?

Booth and Weiss played well together in Florida. Each had career years playing with each other. Could reignite some Chemistry, maybe. He makes a lot, but you are going to pay these days for 30 goals...bring him home, put him on a line with Weiss and lets watch the magic!

Franzen on LTIR, trade Q and there is your cap room...we still need D though....

Edited by LeftWinger

Exactly. But Ellis is a bum who hasn't been buried by Trotz according to message board experts on another board. Williams wasn't the answer for the right handed shot on the second pp unit..and imo we still have no answer yet and no #4 Dman.

Richard Alpert! OMG!

Last 4 seasons, including this year:

Games-goals-assists-points-82 game averages G-A-P

Moulson 262-97-102-199: 30.4-31.9-62.3

Franzen 225-80-82-162: 29.2-29.9-59.1

People think Franzen isn't worth a $4 mil cap hip but would pay Moulson a lot more for only slightly better production. The only difference is Franzen is having concussion issues. If you're not happy with Mule's points, you're not going to be happy with Moulson either.

Last 4 seasons, including this year:

Games-goals-assists-points-82 game averages G-A-P

Moulson 262-97-102-199: 30.4-31.9-62.3

Franzen 225-80-82-162: 29.2-29.9-59.1

People think Franzen isn't worth a $4 mil cap hip but would pay Moulson a lot more for only slightly better production. The only difference is Franzen is having concussion issues. If you're not happy with Mule's points, you're not going to be happy with Moulson either.

i actually like franzen. i just think its time to mix it up. i also take back my last proposal. no longer want to trade nyquist

Edited by brett

Wings need a solid dman. Tonight was exhibit A again. We don't need anymore firepower unless you want to start winning games 8-5.

Exactly. With the play of the likes of Gus and Tatar the Wings are in good shape up front. The defense is terrible. I actually think Quincey has been way better as of late but Kindl, Lashof, and Smith are very scary when they are on the ice.

For the run in, if we have Pav, Mule and to a lesser extent Wiess back then a veteran D. The off season will be totally different, Vanek would be welcome but not as a rental, we could lose to many pieces getting him. Id go after him as a UFA. We are not Cup contenders this year, but by adding 2/3 right players we could definitely be next year.

Today’s game made it pretty obvious that our forward group is not the issue.

The issue will be improving the D. As radical as it would be to make a trade for a top pairing defensemen, Holland can do a lot to improve this team easily: let Quincey walk and replace him with a solid veteran who plays mostly mistake-free hockey in his own end.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - UFA/trade

Smith - Lashoff

Wayyyyyy better

Kindl, Quincey, and 2 conditional picks for Girardi. If he re-signs here, they get a 1st and 2nd, if not it's 2 6ths.

The issue will be improving the D. As radical as it would be to make a trade for a top pairing defensemen, Holland can do a lot to improve this team easily: let Quincey walk and replace him with a solid veteran who plays mostly mistake-free hockey in his own end.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - UFA/trade

Smith - Lashoff

Wayyyyyy better

Whoever trades with the Wings would need to take back equal salary though. That means either Quincey or Samuelsson in all likelihood, and that might be the deal breaker.

TSN's TradeCentre for today says that the Tampa Times has Quincey on their wish list. One can only hope Stevie agrees

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=442854

Weird. They had their chance to get him a while ago. Then again, maybe Yzerman wants someone familiar. It is his MO, after all.

No one on TB we need, but could work as another three way deal like the one that brought Quincey here.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - UFA/trade

Smith - Lashoff

Wayyyyyy better

If we could fill that spot with Girardi for the price of Kindl+1st I would be happy (depending on the contract he gets after). But I'd much rather have a guy like Bogosian for a 1st+Kindl/Ouellet/Sproul/Marchenko+Pulks. I just think at Girardi's age he will end up getting in the way of our youth coming up - we either need to go age 24-26 while trading one of our young d prospects or go 34+ without moving a d prospect.