• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

I think its almost safe to say Holland won't be making any moves this year...(again)

He said he was going to wait and see how the few games before the olympics go before he decides to make any moves, and with a few points in a few games he'll probably sit tight again.

If anything I could see a very minor move, hopefully getting a 5th or 6th defenceman in return without losing anyone valuable. (quincey not included) Plus with the added cap issues, there isn't much Holland could really pull the trigger on if he wanted to

Next season is going to be interesting because there will definately be moves, Holland has no choice. So many players ready for the big club and no longer waiver exempt so that is going to be interesting.

A guy that's been in the rumor mill and even then TSN guys mentioned him, David Legwand. Michigan guy, the apparent asking price is a 1st or 2nd. I'm not totally enamored with him but he seems like a Holland guy.

Yeah. Legwand has "Holland Guy" written all over him.

I could totally see a 2nd + Andersson going the other way. Remember Legwand's a center and if the Wings get healthy they already have Datsyuk, Z, Helm, Weiss, Andersson, Sheahan, and Glendenning.

If we make a move draft picks are going to be huge. We can't offer much in terms of players, but we need to offload someone for cap reasons if we want to acquire anyone. Since Cleary won't net us anyone, we'll have to package a lesser guy with a draft pick or two. With how stacked we are down the pipeline, I'm perfectly find with tossing draft picks around (to a point) like candy if it gets us someone who can help.

I think its almost safe to say Holland won't be making any moves this year...(again)

He said he was going to wait and see how the few games before the olympics go before he decides to make any moves, and with a few points in a few games he'll probably sit tight again.

If anything I could see a very minor move, hopefully getting a 5th or 6th defenceman in return without losing anyone valuable. (quincey not included) Plus with the added cap issues, there isn't much Holland could really pull the trigger on if he wanted to

Next season is going to be interesting because there will definately be moves, Holland has no choice. So many players ready for the big club and no longer waiver exempt so that is going to be interesting.

If anything I think these past few games might force him to make a move. If he wants to try and keep some of the kids in the lineup he's gonna have to dump some salary.

Please don't get Macdonald I expect another steal by Garth having seen him for awhile amac can't handle many passes he's less physical the Quincey honestly having seen him thus long he's not worth much

This article makes the Vanek opportunity look some what possible.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/trading-for-vanek-might-be-easier-than-you-thought/

Here’s how. Going into this season, the last on Vanek’s contract, his cap hit was $7.14 million dollars. When the Buffalo Sabres traded Vanek to the Islanders in October, they retained $1.4 million of his salary and cap hit, leaving the Islanders with a cap hit of $5.75 million. Now when the Islanders trade Vanek, they could also agree, according to the collective bargaining agreement, to pick up 50 percent of that amount, which would bring Vanek’s cap hit with his new team to just $2.9 million. But salaries are based on what each team pays per day and if Vanek is dealt on March 5, almost 80 percent of his salary will have already been paid. Since there will be just 40 days remaining in a 195-day season, that would mean Vanek’s new team could get him in their lineup for the stretch run and the playoffs for as little as $590,000.

I personally believe hes going to Minny next season, so it would be a rental. But I do think we have what it would need to acquire him. Ive read theyre looking for D for the most part. We got plenty coming in the pipeline to make that possible.

Heck, the way things are going, I really don't want to get rid of Sheahan, Nyquist, Tatar or Jurco. I am not saying these guys are the end all be all of our woes, but I really look forward to having these guys all play together for years and years. We have to start a core somewhere...BUT, I also am not saying that we do not need a legit scorer and a #1/2 defenseman... If these is to be a trade, I would like to target Bogosian and either Ladd or Booth. I think that Holland will be able to address the #1 winger spot over the summer...

I say we trade Cleary to Philly. I know he has a NTC, but he already agreed to a contract there once this season, and Philly would be paying him about half of what they agreed to pay him before the season. Philly could trade us a 7th or conditional pick. Franzen I believe needs to be put on LTIR until he is healed completely. Thus opening up some needed cap space to acquire someone.

Andersson is very tradable, he probably wouldn't bring us much in return, with the emergence of Sheahan, he becomes expendable. Unfortunately it would cost us a ton for Bogo/Ladd or Booth, so I am just going with the team we have. I don't see Holland trading Smith and unfortunately I don't anyone would give us anything of value for Quincey. We sure don't have enough assets to acquire Vanek via trade. I believe the same about Bogo. We just have a log jam of players that are (almost) ready to step up this (off) season and nobody wants our old timers...

Heck, the way things are going, I really don't want to get rid of Sheahan, Nyquist, Tatar or Jurco. I am not saying these guys are the end all be all of our woes, but I really look forward to having these guys all play together for years and years. We have to start a core somewhere...BUT, I also am not saying that we do not need a legit scorer and a #1/2 defenseman... If these is to be a trade, I would like to target Bogosian and either Ladd or Booth. I think that Holland will be able to address the #1 winger spot over the summer...

I say we trade Cleary to Philly. I know he has a NTC, but he already agreed to a contract there once this season, and Philly would be paying him about half of what they agreed to pay him before the season. Philly could trade us a 7th or conditional pick. Franzen I believe needs to be put on LTIR until he is healed completely. Thus opening up some needed cap space to acquire someone.

Andersson is very tradable, he probably wouldn't bring us much in return, with the emergence of Sheahan, he becomes expendable. Unfortunately it would cost us a ton for Bogo/Ladd or Booth, so I am just going with the team we have. I don't see Holland trading Smith and unfortunately I don't anyone would give us anything of value for Quincey. We sure don't have enough assets to acquire Vanek via trade. I believe the same about Bogo. We just have a log jam of players that are (almost) ready to step up this (off) season and nobody wants our old timers...

It doesn't work that way with LTIR unless you know 100% the player has an injury where you know he's out long long term. ex. Savard, Pronger. Franzen is not that case.

I would not want Moulson for what I am sure his price will be. I watch alot of Islanders games theyre my second team, however there are alot of holes in his game. Id much prefer a gritty guy for the playoffs than Moulson, sure he has some grit in front but he is invisible when it comes to hitting.

If it is deemed that Franzen would need an extended time off to become healthy enough to play symptom free, then why wouldn't he qualify for LTIR? I am not saying just throw him on it today, but if today a Doctor said he recommended 3-5 months off, why wouldn't that be enough cause to qualify for LTIR?

If it is deemed that Franzen would need an extended time off to become healthy enough to play symptom free, then why wouldn't he qualify for LTIR? I am not saying just throw him on it today, but if today a Doctor said he recommended 3-5 months off, why wouldn't that be enough cause to qualify for LTIR?

It's not that he wouldn't qualify, it's that you generally don't look to bring in a key player with the space freed up by an LTIR assignment.