• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Edler isn't lazy and far from being a coach killer or questionable teammate. The Canucks would be stupid to get rid of him without overpayment

I would just like to ask why you think Buff is Lazy, a coach killer or a questionable team mate? Or is that just your opinion?

Statistically Buff is better than Edler this year, I haven't looked at years past. He is a right shot, physical and puts up points.

Edler has a NTC to boot, Buff has one too but he can only select 5 teams he won't go to.

The Guy is fat meaning he doesn't take being a pro and that gift seriously. The were rumours about stuff like that, when he was with the Thrashers, Blackhawks and now again under under Noel. Guys like that just won't fit here.

As for Edler I don't think the Canucks are going to trade him, why not keep him for the retooling? They are in a pretty similar situation like us.

The Guy is fat meaning he doesn't take being a pro and that gift seriously. The were rumours about stuff like that, when he was with the Thrashers, Blackhawks and now again under under Noel. Guys like that just won't fit here.As for Edler I don't think the Canucks are going to trade him, why not keep him for the retooling? They are in a pretty similar situation like us.

Apparently Edler and Torts are clashing and he doesn't suit his coaching style. They just shipped out Dale Weiss for this same reason.

The best thing would be if Edler spoke out publicly and demanded a trade

This is about a week old, but things haven't really changed (for the Canucks) in that span of time:

Poor play, poor timing hinder Canucks' options [The Province]

As the team was losing for the 12th time in 16 games (4-9-3) Friday, TSN was reporting every Canuck, save the Sedin twins, was available for barter.

That’s not a trade block, that’s a city block.

Nothing says panic quite like “We’ll trade anyone!”

Edited by Dabura

This will be a huge off-season for him. He no doubt has the mind for the game and has that dynamic potential not a lot of defencemen have.

maaaybe "make it or break it" huge.. in terms of making the wings anyway, with the amount of solid d prospects we have.

I want to be clear, I don't think Byfuglien is the right guy for this team. Having said that, I think that the weight and fitness comments are a bit off base. Here's a good article Puck Daddy did on the topic of Byfuglien's fitness..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dustin-byfuglien-apparently-not-locked-refrigerator-summer-photo-053111390--nhl.html

Also, I'd have to imagine that all the goals he's scored paired with his two all-star appearances and pivotal role in a Stanley Cup championship should probably dispel any notion that his fitness is somehow a detriment to his ability to play hockey at an incredibly high level.

Guest Playmaker

It reminds me a lot of Prince Fielder. When he's doing well, he's a "big guy", when he's not, he's an obese slob that isn't committed.

Apparently Edler and Torts are clashing and he doesn't suit his coaching style. They just shipped out Dale Weiss for this same reason.

The best thing would be if Edler spoke out publicly and demanded a trade

I'm starting to wonder, if there are players who don't clash with this coach. Edler is a great player and for the right price sure get him but looking at Gillis and his trade demands, he'd be asking for way too much. Wheeler, Ladd or Bogosian are the only guys I would be interested in, if I'm Holland (there is no way Scheifele would be available).

Something I want to make clear is this: this team is known for its low-key professional approach I don't think guys with a big mouth, big ego would be fitting here well, they'd become a locker room distraction immediately.

Edited by frankgrimes

What about Erhoff? Too expensive? I guess he signed that 10 year deal or so. Maybe he gets bought out? Did Buffalo use all their buyouts? I have to think they'd want to buyout Leino

Would be nice, but the way Buffalo is doing the rebuild they need some expensive veterans just to reach the cap floor. Their rebuild really reminds of Edmontons one and that's not an advantage far from it.

I am full on for Visnovsky. That kind of trade would be considered a minor move. Which is what Detroit thrives on...

Kindl, Almqvist for Visnovsky

Quincey for Joe Morrow to dump salary and bolster our prospect pool in Rapids.

Say that enough and you're going to convince yourself that they're actual offers, and get pissed at Kenny for rejecting them. :)

I see no reason why either of those teams would have any interest in those offers. Even if Boston was desperate for a defenseman, I don't see why they'd have much interest in Quincey, much less give up Morrow to get him.

What about Erhoff? Too expensive? I guess he signed that 10 year deal or so. Maybe he gets bought out? Did Buffalo use all their buyouts? I have to think they'd want to buyout Leino

I thought that was a bad contract when it was signed and nothing I've seen has changed my mind. If the Sabres use a buy out I expect it to be used on Leino.

This team needs skill on the blue line

Or more shutdown D that aren't named Ericsson or Lashoff. Matt Greene or Mark Stuart are what our blue line needs. The skill will come with Ouellet and Sproul in the next couple years. Our blue line needs less Quincey and Kindl.

Are you playing the part of tampa?

We've seen enough of Filppula's up and down crap. If he strings together 2-3 straight years of production, I'll agree that he's more than an average NHL forward. Until then, he's just another inconsistent skill guy. His complete disinterest last year made me glad to see the last of him in the winged wheel, and I really don't understand why anyone wants him back.

Guest Playmaker

We've seen enough of Filppula's up and down crap. If he strings together 2-3 straight years of production, I'll agree that he's more than an average NHL forward. Until then, he's just another inconsistent skill guy. His complete disinterest last year made me glad to see the last of him in the winged wheel, and I really don't understand why anyone wants him back.

He wasn't disinterested, he was hurt much of last year. Guess you missed that part.

So you wouldn't give up Sammy, and Quincey....for filpulla.

At worst, a very tradable asset.

For Quincey.

And Sammy.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

So you wouldn't give up Sammy, and Quincey....for filpulla.

At worst, a very tradable asset.

For Quincey.

And Sammy.

No, because I don't want Filppula on my team for $5 mil

He wasn't disinterested, he was hurt much of last year. Guess you missed that part.

He was hurt for part of the year. The rest of the time he just didn't care.